Pilton Party 2019

Kalopsia

16 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Last time I saw Supergrass live they had a little known band as their support called The Libertines. I thought they were alright #fingeronthepulse 

Last time I saw Supergrass they were filling in for a slightly more known band called The Libertines who couldn't make it due to "exhaustion" of one of their frontmen.  They were bloody brilliant.

18 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

For an event that, previously, has been billed as a 'thanks to the locals' affair, they really are pushing this on social media and dropping huge hints about a well known band getting back together,

Tickets not selling as well as they'd hope, or some other reason?

they always do what's necessary to try and flog the tickets. Its a fund-raiser and if the tickets don't sell there's less funds.

25 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Last time I saw Supergrass they were filling in for a slightly more known band called The Libertines who couldn't make it due to "exhaustion" of one of their frontmen.  They were bloody brilliant.

Lol! Obviously stayed mates then. 

On 8/23/2019 at 12:26 PM, Chef said:

If I have work trips come up after I have booked tickets for something I just expense them to the company. Mrs Chef gets to go for free with someone which usually softens the blow. 

i like that idea - how easy was it for you to get that through HR / Accounts?

1 hour ago, SouthbanKen said:

Just reading through the replies, i never really thought i liked Supergrass  but actually when you see some of their tunes written down like on this thread, it feels like i like more their stuff than i tought i did. Should be decent. 

Always been my fave britpop band. Road to Rouen is a classic. As is the debut, In It For the Money and Life on Other Planets. 

They could've been much much bigger but didn't want to play the game.

10 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Always been my fave britpop band. Road to Rouen is a classic. As is the debut, In It For the Money and Life on Other Planets. 

They could've been much much bigger but didn't want to play the game.

Had I Should Coco on tape.  Massively underrated album.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Given that they are meant to be playing this gig next week you'd think they'd hurry up and announce their return.

its odd that they are really pushing the ticket sales for an (unknown ) special guest ... do they think this is going to work better than announcing them ? I would be concerned if I were them about the lack of commitment ... given that it usually close to sells out ( ready to be corrected ) 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

its odd that they are really pushing the ticket sales for an (unknown ) special guest ... do they think this is going to work better than announcing them ? I would be concerned if I were them about the lack of commitment ... given that it usually close to sells out ( ready to be corrected ) 

They're pushing the tickets because they've yet to sell out when it usually does fairly sharpish. 2/3rds of Supergrass played the Party a few years back as The Hot Rats (blimmin' great they were too!) stepping in at the last minute when the Vaccines had to drop out so I'm guessing that this is a return favour from Michael with Supergrass calling the shots... maybe?

Edited by Barney McGrew

3 minutes ago, Barney McGrew said:

They're pushing the tickets because they've yet to sell out when it usually does fairly sharpish. 2/3rds of Supergrass played the Party a few years back as Hot Ratz (blimmin' great they were too!) stepping in at the last minute when the Vaccines had to drop out so I'm guessing that this is a return favour from Michael with Supergrass calling the shots... maybe?

so we wait till 6am next friday then :) ... what an odd time to announce !!

32 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Normally sells out yep. Always possible to get your hands on a spare but can't remember it being this slow for some time - I think the line-up is seen as a bit of a come down after the locals got Liam last year.