Pilton Party 2019

Kalopsia

5 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think the terms and conditions are a once only entry ... so I would think there isn't much point ? 

If I'd made the trip down, I would certainly be trying to make my way up to the stone circle after the gig finishes. Or at least thinking about it.

Surely a few others would be there too?

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If I'd made the trip down, I would certainly be trying to make my way up to the stone circle after the gig finishes. Or at least thinking about it.

Surely a few others would be there too?

I would doubt it. It a long way in the dark there and back. There will be no lighting to find your way and just a very dark field when you get there. Not to mention the cows will be out too.

Basically if you like stumbling around for hours over uneven ground in the dark with little idea of where you are and where you are going and a good chance of annoying the bovines then go for it. Most people just stay at the gig DJs till 14:00 and wander off home.

38 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I would doubt it. It a long way in the dark there and back. There will be no lighting to find your way and just a very dark field when you get there. Not to mention the cows will be out too.

Basically if you like stumbling around for hours over uneven ground in the dark with little idea of where you are and where you are going and a good chance of annoying the bovines then go for it. Most people just stay at the gig DJs till 14:00 and wander off home.

DJs until 2 in the afternoon?

I have had a bit of a nightmare, as i have managed to book a work trip that gets me back into London Heathrow at 15.30 on the Friday - lets say it takes me 3.5/4.5 (including security etc) hours to get down to Pilton, i am gonna arrive at 7/8ish. I assume that we would still be there for most of the acts - and importantly for Wolf Alice, as this is who the Mrs wants to see. 

Also if anyone has any tips on telling the other half that i have fucked up yet another event due to a work trip without it turning into WW3 that would be great too. 

27 minutes ago, SouthbanKen said:

Also if anyone has any tips on telling the other half that i have fucked up yet another event due to a work trip without it turning into WW3 that would be great too. 

Image result for selling roses in bars

Look out for this guy at the pub. (not the glowing necklace wands btw)

3 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

I have had a bit of a nightmare, as i have managed to book a work trip that gets me back into London Heathrow at 15.30 on the Friday - lets say it takes me 3.5/4.5 (including security etc) hours to get down to Pilton, i am gonna arrive at 7/8ish. I assume that we would still be there for most of the acts - and importantly for Wolf Alice, as this is who the Mrs wants to see. 

If I have work trips come up after I have booked tickets for something I just expense them to the company. Mrs Chef gets to go for free with someone which usually softens the blow. 

20 hours ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Hadn't even thought that there'd be no lighting - of course!

On 8/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, UEF said:

They're still pimping it hard on Twitter, Emily sent out the ticket link again

Always wondered... does anyone end up getting absolutely mashed at this and go for a little trip up to the Stone Circle or dragon? ?

Or is it all fairly well behaved under the marquee tent and home affair?

I ended up there a few years ago. I was at a private party at Goose Hall and got bored and went for a wander. Ended up at the Stones at around 10.30pm. Pitch dark. Only had my phone for light. Sat down by one of the stones but left 20 minutes later. Scared stiff!!

Edited by Ommadawn

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

So the dj goes on well past 12 then ? as its advertised from 11-12 I think ..... struggling to find a driver currently which might mean I have to drive :( and then we have a ticket spare :( 

Nay, all done by midnight... re. transport, camp down t'road.... cheap as chips but bring torches as walk back is a bit sketchy traffic wise.

11 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

Jealous of people who get to go to this - I really hope they play the main fest next year, always wanted to see Supergrass

Last time I saw Supergrass live they had a little known band as their support called The Libertines. I thought they were alright #fingeronthepulse 

5 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Last time I saw Supergrass live they had a little known band as their support called The Libertines. I thought they were alright #fingeronthepulse 

Late in the Day I was Going Out with Grace and Mary, but then I heard them Pumping On My Stereo. They sounded Alright, wanted to hear more but I was Caught By the Fuzz.