Pilton Party 2019

Kalopsia

53 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone else ordered tickets via see tickets? They are still awaiting delivery of them. Maybe I should start a mini panicky ‘where are my tickets’ thread!  Just like we do for the festival! 

Yes and ours not received either but calm at the moment!! First Pilton Party and looking forward to it. Xxx

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Still 3 weeks away ... it should be fine ... should have gone to the farm to collect them ... not like it’s a long trip :) 

I would use any excuse for a visit to the farm! Anyway panic, well bit of a concern, over. Got a see tickets e mail that they’ve been posted today.  A nice wee tingle getting a see tickets notification re Glastonbury. 

5 hours ago, Skelts said:

For anyone going, we bumped into the lads from Pattern Pushers at Beautiful Days this weekend and went along to see their set. 

There're a good bunch of lads and had the crowd going. Get and see them ? 

Missed them at BD but saw them open the stage at Bearded Theory. Not my usual tipple but thaey drew me (and plenty others) in. Promising band IMO.

11 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Gotta say I regret not saying hello to you at G, was walking right behind you for a good 10 minutes from CV site to gate C Thursday midday. Next time, tickets pending, I owe you a high 5. 

Barrelled into him after Streets on the Sunday night en route to Williams Green, swapped some booze and then off into the night.  I'll say this for the hat, it does make you easy to spot @crazyfool1 :D

11 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Gotta say I regret not saying hello to you at G, was walking right behind you for a good 10 minutes from CV site to gate C Thursday midday. Next time, tickets pending, I owe you a high 5. 

It’s an odd one saying hello to internet strangers but I’m not so scary honest :) ...I’d just been to my bosses caravan for breakfast ... didn’t quite realise the walk though ... mind you we did head up from near the John peel :) 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

Barrelled into him after Streets on the Sunday night en route to Williams Green, swapped some booze and then off into the night.  I'll say this for the hat, it does make you easy to spot @crazyfool1 :D

My friends use it for the opposite :) and thanks again for the drink .. lovely :) ... I’ve spotted myself in quite A few vlogs and bbc things since with the benefit of knowing where I was stood at various gigs .. I don’t really blend in with the rest of the crowd :) 

1 hour ago, The Nal said:

Nothing about a Supergrass reunion mentioned here apart from the last 5 years being the most productive of his life. "This is what I'm doing now. A magical time for me". Fairly meh about Supergrass towards the end. This is from last month.

https://twoshotpod.podbean.com/e/tsp094-gaz-coombes/

I know for certain the reunion was set-up and PP booked about 6 months ago - my source for this is the bands ends of things and not the festival's.

It's possible it's fallen apart since then, tho I suspect there's going to be thing made of it at some point and Gaz is playing along to the plan.

Edited by eFestivals

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I know for certain the reunion was set-up and PP booked about 6 months ago - my source for this is the bands ends of things and not the festival's.

It's possible it's fallen apart since then, tho I suspect there's going to be thing made of it at some point and Gaz is playing along to the plan.

Fingers crossed. To be fair he didnt actually ask about Supergrass, just stumbled upon "do you miss being in a band" for 90 seconds.

They're still pimping it hard on Twitter, Emily sent out the ticket link again

Always wondered... does anyone end up getting absolutely mashed at this and go for a little trip up to the Stone Circle or dragon? ?

Or is it all fairly well behaved under the marquee tent and home affair?

2 minutes ago, UEF said:

They're still pimping it hard on Twitter, Emily sent out the ticket link again

Always wondered... does anyone end up getting absolutely mashed at this and go for a little trip up to the Stone Circle or dragon? ?

Or is it all fairly well behaved under the marquee tent and home affair?

Last year was pretty lively, to say the least. 

24 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

I'm wondering whether to bring a little party prescription with me or is it a more-family event? ;)

Certainly wouldn't be massively out of place.

Word of caution though, although it has the Glastonbury vibe it's much smaller and hence much easier for security to spot naughtiness. Never been clocked at the fest,  but lost my stash at PP... :(

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Word of caution though, although it has the Glastonbury vibe it's much smaller and hence much easier for security to spot naughtiness. Never been clocked at the fest,  but lost my stash at PP... :(

thanks for the tip!

6 minutes ago, Quark said:

Did you get tempted to go wandering around the farm?

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Did you get tempted to go wandering around the farm?

I did not.  It's all fenced off so once you're through the ticket gate it's not open to go wandering around the whole site. You'd have to out back outside and then go from there. 

My geography of the site and area is dreadful when it's all up and running, so I'd have absolutely no hope in the off season anyway! 

@deebeedoobee can probably give a more sensible answer than I.