Pilton Party 2019

Kalopsia

Right, call me obsessive about the Glastonbury festival but I’ve just bought a couple of tickets and booked a wee holiday down glasto way. Ok it’s a distance to travel but I couldn’t help myself. As it’s for locals do I have to disguise my West of Scotland accent and speak in a Somerset one to get in ?  Ooooo aaarrr  Jimmy? 

30 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Right, call me obsessive about the Glastonbury festival but I’ve just bought a couple of tickets and booked a wee holiday down glasto way. Ok it’s a distance to travel but I couldn’t help myself. As it’s for locals do I have to disguise my West of Scotland accent and speak in a Somerset one to get in ?  Ooooo aaarrr  Jimmy? 

I was going to go down from the North West but it's my wedding anniversary and the suggestion wouldn't have gone down well!

1 minute ago, vintagelaureate said:

Oh yeah - it wouldn't be the same festival ?

looks like I'm off to the farm tomorrow ... only my second time ever out of festival time and I live just round the corner compared with the distances some of you guys travel ... ill wave at the webcam :) 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I was going to go down from the North West but it's my wedding anniversary and the suggestion wouldn't have gone down well!

It’s a450 mile drive down for us but decided to make it a short break staying in Glastonbury town. After the come down of leaving the festival this year this is a lovely wee bonus! 

On 8/4/2019 at 3:25 PM, deebeedoobee said:

Ticket numbers went given out in order. We were in the queue at 7.45 am. About  20 ahead of us. We got tickets 500 odd and 800 odd. The capacity last year was 7000.

definitely be sales online this year I reckon.

A few hours of delicate negotiations with mrs Chris after I saw them going on line has borne fruit. Thanks for the info that they would be on line, I had assumed they were all sold locally. 

18 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

They normally are local, in fact they went on sale Saturday morning ( I got mine then ) . I can only assume as it’s on a Friday and in school time this year , they are ensuring they sell all the tickets.

I went last year and it’s awes, like a mini glasto ( even the long drops lol ) , and of course you can bring your own food and drinks in :-).

see you guys on the farm ( in the JP field )

Cheers! The long drops next to the JP always were my favourites with their wooded location!  

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

looks like I'm off to the farm tomorrow ... only my second time ever out of festival time and I live just round the corner compared with the distances some of you guys travel ... ill wave at the webcam :) 

Take some photos!

9 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Cheers! The long drops next to the JP always were my favourites with their wooded location!  

I'm surprised there has been no controversy on here about those new silent hinges on those JP/wooded area long drop doors- they stopped them making the traditional slamming noise, post business

10 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

A few hours of delicate negotiations with mrs Chris after I saw them going on line has borne fruit. Thanks for the info that they would be on line, I had assumed they were all sold locally. 

They are sold at the office on the Saturday, then on the farm if any are left. Then go online to all. They didn’t do this last year because they mostly sold out on the Saturday. For less popular acts they always go online to sell. Liam was always going to sell out quick as the secret got out and people travelled from outside the county to buy on the Saturday. Wolf Alice have been and gone IMHO so it will take time to sell. I reckon they will announce the “secret act” ( yeah right) soon so that they do sell out.

Edited by deebeedoobee

23 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

They are sold at the office on the Saturday, then on the farm if any are left. Then go online to all. They didn’t do this last year because they mostly sold out on the Saturday. For less popular acts they always go online to sell. Liam was always going to sell out quick as the secret got out and people travelled from outside the county to buy on the Saturday. Wolf Alice have been and gone IMHO so it will take time to sell. I reckon they will announce the “secret act” ( yeah right) soon so that they do sell out.

I imagine they can't announce the secret act until they themselves announce their big comeback.