Pilton Party 2019

Kalopsia

52 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

I'd think so, along with The Specials who are headlining Glastonbury Extravaganza this weekend.

There's only three of em left now!

There was no Dammers, but proper happy I saw them in 09 when they were close to full strength. 

1 hour ago, Quark said:

There's only three of em left now!

There was no Dammers, but proper happy I saw them in 09 when they were close to full strength. 

Maybe but the album they put out last year (the first new material for 38 years) was the dogs bollox, don't underestimate them.

I did catch them back in '09 too in a very sweaty Birmingham 02 (closed now)

Back a few years now I saw Neville Staple on Sunday night in Lost Vaugenes (that tells u how long ago). Who should he bring on as a special guest but Dammers! I lost my shit, much to the confusion of the 'youngsters' around me ???.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot

10 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Maybe but the album they put out last year (the first for 18 years) was the dogs bollox, don't underestimate them.

Back a few years now I saw Neville Staple on Sunday night in Lost Vaugenes (that tells u how long ago). Who should he bring on as a special guest but Dammers! I lost my shit, much to the confusion of the 'youngsters' around me ???.

Fair dos, it's a decent album.

Sounds like me getting excited when Nick Cave showed up with Kylie :lol:

1 hour ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Maybe but the album they put out last year (the first new material for 38 years) was the dogs bollox, don't underestimate them.

Birmingham Academy didn’t close, it just moved to where the Dome used to be. It’s not as good.

On 7/29/2019 at 8:02 AM, eFestivals said:

Funnily enough I got the goss on the reforming band months and months ago, but had forgotten all about it. I also know they're booked to play the festival next year.

I reckon peeps will think it's rather super. :D 

edit: damn, should have read further down the thread. :lol: 

Supergrass is correct.

Good to have them back on the farm. What do we think they'll play?

Mooving?

Caught by the...err...cows?

24 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

so who's going from here ? under consideration at the moment :) 

Not me this time around as I'm away that weekend.

Definitely worth it though. Usually gets a good evening weather wise. I can only remember one year where it rained since I first went in 2008.

Ironically a year where it wasn't in a tent!

I'm a no this year.  We're just packed at weekends in Aug and Sep, and I'm completely indifferent to Wolf Alice so it's not worth busting a gut to squeeze it in. More interested in Supergrass, but if they're playing the fest next year (and probably on a reunion tour before that) I'll just catch them then

29 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

We're away on hols so will miss it...

....and in any case Mrs P ending up on Michael Eavis' knee last Saturday night might be enough to see a restraining order on visiting Pilton through the post any day soon. 

I thought he was walking with a limp when I saw him last Sunday :)

• Upvote 1