Films you would watch at Cineramageddon

Mich1268

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

On the assumption of actually going (and accepting that I've probably missed these already)

Rocky Horror

Withnail & I

Top Gun

Life of Brian / Holy Grail

Blues Brothers

My Fair Lady 

(come at me on the last one :D )

Nope not comin at ya! I nearly put Sound of Music. Thought I might akrew many down votes ha ha ha

2 minutes ago, Mich1268 said:

Nope not comin at ya! I nearly put Sound of Music. Thought I might akrew many down votes ha ha ha

Films that pissed people can quote or sing along to are perfect fodder. Nothing artsy for me in this context  thank you so very much!

Edit: you can put wilfully strange in there as well. Let's have Eraserhead and Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas in there for shits and giggles as well

Edited by Quark
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Quark said:

Withnail & I

You didn't catch this in 2017? With unintelligible slurred introduction by Jonny Depp!

19 minutes ago, Quark said:

My Fair Lady 

(come at me on the last one :D )

Mate, if you've got a spare entire day to see this very long motherfucker then weird flex but ok.

For me: Akira, The Babadook, Priscilla Queen Of The Desert, Thelma & Louise, Call Me By Your Name, The Iron Giant, Fire Walk With Me, Sightseers, This Is Spinal Tap, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

I think this year's lineup had a bit of a bro-ish stank about it to me, so I tried to pick some diverse stuff. In general, I reckon the setting lends itself to films with an anti-authoritarian streak, strange comedies, dystopian stuff, or stuff where machinery or vehicles have a strong presence. Which leaves Call Me By Your Name as the odd one out; I think that one would just be really lovely to watch in the outdoors with a breeze blowing through the trees.

13 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

You didn't catch this in 2017? With unintelligible slurred introduction by Jonny Depp!

Mate, if you've got a spare entire day to see this very long motherfucker then weird flex but ok.

For me: Akira, The Babadook, Priscilla Queen Of The Desert, Thelma & Louise, Call Me By Your Name, The Iron Giant, Fire Walk With Me, Sightseers, This Is Spinal Tap, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

Yer, running time's a shout. Maybe an early Sunday showing. And yep, missed Withnail  :lol:

Akira and Spinal Tap solid shouts. Akira nearly went on my list.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I prefer to spend my time flipping tables in Green Fields and smashing up crystal balls because people should be off watching bands.

Anybody who doesn't spend the entire 5 days off their box on clarky cat, gurning and pogoing wildly in the SE corner is a normie pussyole who should give their ticket away to somebody who really appreciates the gaff.

• Upvote 1