Spice Girls for 2020?

Skelts

The nostalgia pull probably not strong enough for me. The only legend slots I've been to so far were kylie and lionel, because beyond the cheese and nostalgia I genuinely love their music.

Spice Girls less so. But I can see they'd fit the spot.

If it's at the expense of someone like Diana or Elton they can fuck right off though :P

I had tickets for their London shows and wasn't sure about going (Wembley a right faff to get to) but honestly it was one of the best gigs I've had for ages. They had the songs spot-on, had a good laugh between songs and it was just a really good show. 

Edited by UEF

2 hours ago, Quark said:

The nostalgia pull probably not strong enough for me. The only legend slots I've been to so far were kylie and lionel, because beyond the cheese and nostalgia I genuinely love their music.

If it's at the expense of someone like Diana or Elton they can fuck right off though :P

Would 100% rather see Elton but I can see him headlining.

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Princess Di is dead Mark.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Ah but it has been argued that it wasn't ELO it was Jeff Lynne!  And it is the Legend's slot not the Legends'.  Though as it is never officially called that, so not written down, who knows?

(but I actually agree with you)

I think common usage seems to be Legends Slot ie a slot for legends not legend's slot a slot belonging to one individual legend 

20 hours ago, themuel said:

legends slot 

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

legends slot

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Legends

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

legends

21 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I think common usage seems to be Legends Slot ie a slot for legends not legend's slot a slot belonging to one individual legend 

Maybe they just don't know how to use apostrophes! ?  And to prove it even if it's plural it should be legends' slot - belonging to more than one legend!

1 hour ago, Beerqueen said:

Maybe they just don't know how to use apostrophes! ?  And to prove it even if it's plural it should be legends' slot - belonging to more than one legend!

As I say Legends Slot slot for Legends like Rock Slot slot for Rock. Not Rock's Slot or Legend's Slot or Legends' Slot. They are all Eavis's Slots if we're being possessive.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'd much rather see Girls Aloud do it that the Spice Girls (not sure GA are even a thing anymore). They have far more bangers than Geri and the ladettes.

Girls Aloud and Spice Girls would be a competition of the miming.

Posh mining on the pyramid stage would be something I’d lap the fuck up 

54 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Girls Aloud and Spice Girls would be a competition of the miming.

Posh mining on the pyramid stage would be something I’d lap the fuck up 

Miming doesn’t concern me when it comes to that slot. It’s more about the party atmosphere than it is about musical proficiency on the day.