Spice Girls for 2020?

Skelts

I’m for it, they fit the essential criteria of having many big hits that are easy to sing-a-long to, same as Kylie really, a few songs that you can never get out if your head, a bit cheesy and naff but good crowd-pleasing fun. One of the inexplicable Glastonbury acts I’d never ever wish to go see in concert but perfectly happy to really really want on the Pyramid. As for breaking the solo act tradition, it would seem too narrow to have to stick with that come what may. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

ELO want a word.

Ah but it has been argued that it wasn't ELO it was Jeff Lynne!  And it is the Legend's slot not the Legends'.  Though as it is never officially called that, so not written down, who knows?

(but I actually agree with you)

3 hours ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m for it, they fit the essential criteria of having many big hits that are easy to sing-a-long to, same as Kylie really, a few songs that you can never get out if your head, a bit cheesy and naff but good crowd-pleasing fun. One of the inexplicable Glastonbury acts I’d never ever wish to go see in concert but perfectly happy to really really want on the Pyramid. As for breaking the solo act tradition, it would seem too narrow to have to stick with that come what may. 

So, tell me what you want, what you really, really want.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Though of course you do know that the Legend's slot is strictly solo artists only?

From memory only one of them could sing live.* ? they fit your criteria. 

*that may be harsh, maybe one and a half of them could hold a note. But never ever two. ?

37 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

From memory only one of them could sing live.* ? they fit your criteria. 

*that may be harsh, maybe one and a half of them could hold a note. But never ever two. ?

I thought both Mels were ok?  But can't really remember tbh!

4 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

No but it's often quoted on here and I was just trying to tease really!  It whiles away the time til ticket day!

Haha my response was a tease too.

I mean you’re right - the legends slot has not been a group before - not sure if Jeff counts.

I can’t see why it couldn’t though. I think it would be pretty shortsighted if groups were not considered likely