Latitude 2020

WMWMOfficial

Those who bought their tickets using the instalment plan have to pay their final instalment on 1st May - Latitude wont be cancelled before then - they'll want all the ticket sales money in first - THEN they can cancel and offer to roll over the tickets to next year, without having to do too many refunds (and get to keep the money in their bank).

However, they don't have to make a decision until June, because the build time will be much shorter (no waiting for equipment or crews to come from other festivals) - they can have it built in less than 2 weeks now, particularly as the crews and suppliers will be falling over themselves to earn something this season.

A good indicator will be whether they cancel Wireless festival (1st week in July). which they haven't done yet, and which is also a Festival Republic show, just like Latitude

Edited by KinkyKeith
additional comment
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I agree. They want the cash in the bank in the hope people will just roll over tickets.

Was going to be my first Latitude but right now I’d rather it didn’t go ahead. I don’t fancy being in a crowd even three months down the road. We’re in a global pandemic and thousands of people are dying.

I really don’t fancy risking mixing in crowds mid summer when right now I won’t even stand within 2m of someone I don’t live with!  The prospect of it going ahead is crazy.

My best bet is after this next lockdown we'll be in a better position than now to know the next steps and they may decide to lower certain measures but they're not going to let 40,000 people congregate and as you've said there will be some who may not be comfortable with it - I know an announcement is imminent probably but I'll still be devastated as the festival is always the highlight of my year 

9 hours ago, March Hare said:

Yeah, I agree. They want the cash in the bank in the hope people will just roll over tickets.

Was going to be my first Latitude but right now I’d rather it didn’t go ahead. I don’t fancy being in a crowd even three months down the road. We’re in a global pandemic and thousands of people are dying.

I really don’t fancy risking mixing in crowds mid summer when right now I won’t even stand within 2m of someone I don’t live with!  The prospect of it going ahead is crazy.

Hey, whenever your First Latitude comes around, youre going to enjoy it!!!

• Upvote 2

On 4/18/2020 at 7:07 PM, KinkyKeith said:

Hey, whenever your First Latitude comes around, youre going to enjoy it!!!

Entirely agree, it’s arguably one of the best festivals out there!

Should they be signed up, which acts would we expect to roll over? I could definitely see Haim and the Chemical Brothers returning but have my doubts for Liam   

well, Longitude in Ireland (Latitudes sister event) has now been cancelled for the 1st week in July - but that was only because the Irish government declared no gatherings over 5000 people until September  - Festival Republic have said they wont cancel anything until the respective governments impose a direct ban - so we are going to have to see what the UK Government says

Edited by KinkyKeith
grammatical errors

17 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I fully expected this to happen but I’m still genuinely devastated, I’m glad they’ve given the opportunity to roll tickets over to 2021 so definitely will be

I’ve been keeping an eye s8nce the announcement and many people seem to be saying they’ll roll over which is a very good sign and I’m glad people are holding it in such high regard.

Are we expecting there to be a whole new lineup or some acts carried  over? I’m gonna say about 50-75% of the acts will make some sort of appearance as the festival usually does book acts that may have cancelled before (although saying that I don’t think the gods ever want the Futureheads or Snow Patrol to ever play again 😂

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...