Latitude 2020

WMWMOfficial

13 hours ago, gregory said:

I would guess an absolute nightmare, but not 100%. I think they used to give a nights camping for free for day ticket holders? Can anyone confirm? 

They do. However, according to the reports I have heard, it's basically a cornered off area close to the car park, with a few portaloos.

As for a train back to London town, you would need to leave at around 9pm ish to have any chance. So.....shit day camping is yr best bet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 8:37 PM, DJL said:

Thinking of coming for just the Sunday. Further to the posts just up, I have friends who have weekend tickets so in theory they could bring our tent in and us join them if memory serves?

Haven't been for a couple of years but I think you need a weekend wristband to get in the camping areas onsite. 

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, swede said:

With Glasto cancelling yesterday Id expect Latitude to cancel as well, theres only a couple of weeks between the two of them. 

I wouldn't like to make a prediction on that.

A large part of the problem Glastonbury has is that because there's so much going on, the build takes about 2 months - early prep work starts in April, and the fence starts going up at the start of May.

Latitude presumably don't need to start building until Late June, and so could start their setup well after the 12 week period ends - if they're confident that it won't be extended that is.

1 hour ago, incident said:

I wouldn't like to make a prediction on that.

A large part of the problem Glastonbury has is that because there's so much going on, the build takes about 2 months - early prep work starts in April, and the fence starts going up at the start of May.

Latitude presumably don't need to start building until Late June, and so could start their setup well after the 12 week period ends - if they're confident that it won't be extended that is.

I think that's a sensible assumption. The festivals probably share a fair amount of infrastructure, so I would imagine that a fair amount of the Latitude site can't be built fully until after Glastonbury would have finished anyway, so although I'm doubtful (but hopeful) that Latitude will go ahead, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the Latitude team will now follow suit because Glastonbury has cancelled. I also imagine that suppliers are desperate for later festivals to go ahead, so are leaning on them not to cancel until they have to.

This is just my opinion though, and for all I know they could be announcing the cancellation as we speak!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, km9 said:

Latitude site can't be built fully until after Glastonbury would have finished anyway, so although I'm doubtful (but hopeful) that Latitude will go ahead, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the Latitude team will now follow suit because Glastonbury has cancelled. I also imagine that suppliers are desperate for later festivals to go ahead, so are leaning on them not to cancel until they have to. 

The scale and mass of Glastonbury led to it being cancelled and as its been mentioned it takes 2-3 months to make the site whereas Latitude last year started being built about 2 weeks before (around 6th July time for this year) so perhaps just outside the supposed virus peak, I don't think it's a foregone conclusion for cancellation yet but I could understand if they had to, however would anyone rate the chances of it being rescheduled for later on? Just a suggestion but even I have doubts for it with regards to the scheduled acts 

• 2 weeks later...

Crews are due to start building on Monday 22nd June for this years Latitude. Equipment and crew comes primarily from Glasto and Drownload, but as theyre both cancelled they wont have the problem of stuff coming to site in dribs and drabs.

Latitude takes 3 and a half weeks to build, then just over 2 weeks to take down, with the equipment and crew moving on to Reading and Leeds.

Festival Republic will hang on for as long as humanly possible before making a decision - after all, they will want to get all the ticket instalment payments in and banked before they have to start thinking about refunding it (hoping that most people will prefer to transfer their tickets for next year)

20 hours ago, KinkyKeith said:

Crews are due to start building on Monday 22nd June for this years Latitude. Equipment and crew comes primarily from Glasto and Drownload, but as theyre both cancelled they wont have the problem of stuff coming to site in dribs and drabs.

Latitude takes 3 and a half weeks to build, then just over 2 weeks to take down, with the equipment and crew moving on to Reading and Leeds.

Festival Republic will hang on for as long as humanly possible before making a decision - after all, they will want to get all the ticket instalment payments in and banked before they have to start thinking about refunding it (hoping that most people will prefer to transfer their tickets for next year)

FR seem to be saying they're going ahead as planned until the government say they can't so unless after the lock down they decide to go further (which seems likely) they can't really comment until then but I think it must be hard to comment now when there are still 3-4 months to go however I do think they'll allow tickets to roll over should they cancel and also they usually have a good reputation for re-booking acts who couosnt perform the year before so I imagine they'll attempt that next year 

Edited by Chapple12345

47 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

FR seem to be saying they're going ahead as planned until the government say they can't so unless after the lock down they decide to go further (which seems likely) they can't really comment until then but I think it must be hard to comment now when there are still 3-4 months to go however I do think they'll allow tickets to roll over should they cancel and also they usually have a good reputation for re-booking acts who couosnt perform the year before so I imagine they'll attempt that next year 

Absolutely - and with glasto and drownload being cancelled already they can shorten the build time for Latitude, so it gives them a bit more time before they have to make a decision:) - Being part of Live Nation FR has the pick of the acts for any of their festivals, so they shouldn't have a problem at all in rebooking whoever they want whenever they want:)

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, KinkyKeith said:

Absolutely - and with glasto and drownload being cancelled already they can shorten the build time for Latitude, so it gives them a bit more time before they have to make a decision:) - Being part of Live Nation FR has the pick of the acts for any of their festivals, so they shouldn't have a problem at all in rebooking whoever they want whenever they want:)

I think their other issue currently would be the majority of foreign acts being unable to come over due to travel restrictions, but as you say they'll have plenty of pick for acts next year as ones meant to tour this year will be vying for bookings next year is they've been postponed or cancelled e.g. Haim have postponed their album so if they were to cancel I wouldn't doubt them retuning next year

I also think they'll stick to similar line ups next year if tickets are rolled over as I'd argue punters will want to see the acts they'd originally booked (or something similar) to see instead of something completely different - is there any chance the promoters could guarantee the acts like this as I know Country 2 Country has rearranged to next year with the same headliners 

Who knows....all the restrictions were only put in a few weeks ago.....one could possibly envisage the cancelling of those restrictions just as speedily (if they were feeling very optimistic, that is). Course, when it is safe to do that is anyones guess.....

So......yeah. it's a case of expect the worst but hope for the best....

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, March Hare said:

This thing will still be going on in the summer.

I'm in 2 minds about this as I'd expect there to still be some cases, however they initially said the peak would come in June and now they're expecting it in the next few weeks so I've got no idea what to expect from it, I could imagine some resurictuons being lifted by end of June however I'm not sure they'd allow mass gatherings for a while - has there ever been a circumstance before in which the festival could have been cancelled? 

Looking back on this statement from the organisers, they're more likely to wait to be cancelled by the government but I guess they may take matters into their own hands if it gets close and no guidance is put ahead. IMG_20200417_125631.jpg

It looks likely they might attempt to book some of the acts from this year for next year now like Blue Dot and Love Supreme in order for people to roll over their tickets thus not losing out on money 

Edited by Chapple12345
  • Upvote 1