Latitude 2020

WMWMOfficial

Haim is a weak headliner for a festival of this size. At over £200 a ticket you'd be hoping for more established acts at the top of the bill. I could understand Haim as a decent sub or headlining the second stage at Latitude, or could see them headlining a mid size festival charging around the £150-170 mark for the weekend such as Boardmasters. This looks like they may have spent a bit too much elsewhere (on Chems and LG?) so saving a bit on the third headliner.

8 minutes ago, Billjames7 said:

Haim is a weak headliner for a festival of this size. At over £200 a ticket you'd be hoping for more established acts at the top of the bill. I could understand Haim as a decent sub or headlining the second stage at Latitude, or could see them headlining a mid size festival charging around the £150-170 mark for the weekend such as Boardmasters. This looks like they may have spent a bit too much elsewhere (on Chems and LG?) so saving a bit on the third headliner.

Last time in the UK I believe they did 2 ally pally dates and I'm sure they're now o2 arena size. They're no different in size to Alt J, Fleet Foxes, The 1975 (at the time of headlining) etc etc imo. Latitude always have a headliner of around this size 

after ten years straight at Latitude, this will be second year in a row not bothering.

there is obviously 'okay' stuff (and will doubtless be other good undercard bands to come) but it isn't for me any more. as said above they have 40k tickets to shift, and it shows. and then HAIM is so weak, but so typically Melvin.

I just don't know why it has to be about the size of the act, the quality of the music at Latitude has been incredible when you see the full line up come together! Yes, it may happen to be that the headliners are what everyone is hooked on the most, but experiencing them at Latitude is a pleasure in itself!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Billjames7 said:

Haim will be 3 albums in by the time they headline, they are brilliant live and Latitude has a history of giving bands their first crack at headlining UK Festivals. People complain about the merry go round of recycling headliners yet when a festival is giving a band who has now been on the go commercially since 2012 a headline slot people still complain. 

I for one cant wait to see them headline. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

there's no way it'll be Liam, he's doing Reading/Leeds.

this got old quite quickly! ?

To be honest....it seems a bit better than last years 1st announcement. But that is damning with the faintest of praises. 

HOWEVER......the subsequent announcements turned it around, and I was gutted to be missing it last year......so, I'd hold fire with final judgements yet....

AND I can re-trot out my joke from the beginning of this year, when they were rumoured to be playing this years Latitude.....

Haim? LAME more like!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Edited by retromoz

6 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Less than 3 hours now! Headliner predictions, Chem Bros, Dido/Grimes/FKA Twigs and Supergrass/Liam Gallagher/Bombay Bicycle Club. In a dream world, Chem Bros, Dido and Sigur Ros, but if Supergrass headline that will more than knock the socks off a lot of past line-ups. Other acts I expect will be M83, Metronomy, Kaiser Chiefs, The Amazons (after their announcement), Sam Fender, R Plus, Hot Chip, FONTAINES D.C., Benjamin Francis Leftwich, Half Moon Run, POSSIBLY another Aurora reappearance, Car Seat Headrest and other acts. This is just guess work of who have been around a lot this year/last year, so just big hopes based off this...

Are you going IoW dude? You got three of your big ones there, plus Fender and Kaisers... Looks good.

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yeah :lol: 

Still trying to get my head round it. It's very odd for them to share a headliner.

IT is, isnt it? I dont know whether is shows ambition for Latitude (booking acts that can also headline Reading) or cutting costs for Reading. OR maybe its a 2 for 1 deal.....

19 minutes ago, retromoz said:

IT is, isnt it? I dont know whether is shows ambition for Latitude (booking acts that can also headline Reading) or cutting costs for Reading. OR maybe its a 2 for 1 deal.....

Cutting costs and 2-for-1 i reckon. After the Killers booking in 2018 though it kinda follows on from that I think

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

dunno if it's true but someone's just told me he's heard there's a London show for Liam too. :blink: 

He seemed to do quite a lot of big gigs in 2018 too, Parklife, TRNSMT, Finsbury, Isle of Wight, Lancashire County Cricket, Rize, Pilton Party etc and that was after Glastonbury and R&L the previous year. He just seems to be trying to play as many big gigs as he can while the demand is still there.

17 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

He seemed to do quite a lot of big gigs in 2018 too, Parklife, TRNSMT, Finsbury, Isle of Wight, Lancashire County Cricket, Rize, Pilton Party etc and that was after Glastonbury and R&L the previous year. He just seems to be trying to play as many big gigs as he can while the demand is still there.

He's said a few times he's having an extended break after this album cycle so he probably wants to play as many big shows as he can before then. 

On 12/4/2019 at 11:52 AM, swede said:

Haim will be 3 albums in by the time they headline, they are brilliant live and Latitude has a history of giving bands their first crack at headlining UK Festivals. People complain about the merry go round of recycling headliners yet when a festival is giving a band who has now been on the go commercially since 2012 a headline slot people still complain. 

I for one cant wait to see them headline. 

I agree! I honestly love them live, their music to me is quality stuff, and tbh, the chill vibes of Latitude need this reconnection with what people love about the festival. The headliners and line-up should be about introducing the best in music and who have the best sound and quality in songs, not nostalgic acts just to please everyone. I think giving the line-up a try (which looks GREAT tbf) instead of thinking what 'could' have been is the best option, because it looks so well rounded!

• Like 1

If it weren't for the Chems I'd be completely underwhelmed (just wish they were on a Saturday), in keeping with the trend of recent years. I'll probably go as lots of my friends do. If the undercard saves it like last year I'll do the whole weekend, if not may do just the Sunday (assuming that is an option).

Nothing against Haim, it's the presence of Liam Gallagher that turns me off.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2019 at 5:01 PM, Chapple12345 said:

Any other predictions/hopes as to who will be on? They've announced far fewer acts announced than normal so I'm hoping for some additional bigger acts later on e.g. tent headliners 

I'm not sure on his availability on Latitude weekend but I can't help to think Sam Fender could be a good shout. With his rising popularity I can see him headlining this size festival in the near future and his tour dates are selling very well.

Would also enjoy some acts such as Sports Team, Easy Life or Arlo Parks.

Latitude is my festival for walking around and finding new acts on the smaller stages so i'm never too worried about names I know.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:04 AM, theesundayroast said:

Latitude is my festival for walking around and finding new acts on the smaller stages so i'm never too worried about names I know.

I entirely agree, there are a few acts performing who are on BBC Sound of 2020 like Joy Crookes and Inhaler and over the years they've had a fair few acts on such as Florence, Sigrid and Rag 'n' Bone Man who have appeared on the list so they've always been big champions of up and coming acts which is what I love about the festival - hoping for some new announcements soon, I'm guessing it'll be around next week as its pay day for many people 

23 hours ago, Chapple12345 said:

I entirely agree, there are a few acts performing who are on BBC Sound of 2020 like Joy Crookes and Inhaler and over the years they've had a fair few acts on such as Florence, Sigrid and Rag 'n' Bone Man who have appeared on the list so they've always been big champions of up and coming acts which is what I love about the festival - hoping for some new announcements soon, I'm guessing it'll be around next week as its pay day for many people 

I can see anyone from this years "Sound of" list doing it; Celeste, Inhaler, Yungblud and beabadoobea are all possibilities I think. 

4 hours ago, TheHungryMoomin said:

I can see anyone from this years "Sound of" list doing it; Celeste, Inhaler, Yungblud and beabadoobea are all possibilities I think. 

Inhaler already confirmed and more than certain Celeste will be there too 😊 I'm hoping for some other decent acts but no idea what to expect, part of me would love to see Dua Lipa there