Latitude 2020

WMWMOfficial

On 10/12/2019 at 7:43 AM, Chapple12345 said:

I second this! They'd be so much fun. I say either them or The Specials will be on. 

Sam Fender is also a good shout and would match with the tradition of the years big acts coming a year later e.g. Rag'n'Bone Man

Only bought my first The Specials album the other day from HMV, never knew how much I loved them, think that'd be a massive decider for so many people too.

I wanted to go to Latitude last year but life got in the way (we had a baby boy September 1st) and would loved to have seen Futureheads, Slaves and Everything Everything... 

If Foals headlined in 2020 that'd be great, I watched them on the BBC iPlayer at Glasto; they looked awesome in the sun.

Florence and the Machine would be top as well. PJ Harvey... too actually!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 3:56 PM, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I wanted to go to Latitude last year but life got in the way (we had a baby boy September 1st) and would loved to have seen Futureheads, Slaves and Everything Everything... 

If Foals headlined in 2020 that'd be great, I watched them on the BBC iPlayer at Glasto; they looked awesome in the sun.

Florence and the Machine would be top as well. PJ Harvey... too actually!

I was trying to get tickets to see Foals at Cardiff Castle this year as I live VERY close to it but failed to get any :( 

Honestly, this would save the year for me!

21 hours ago, John L said:

Vampire Weekend and Foals among the names doing Beni the same weekend. Could see either or both of them as headliners?

I thought the same, perhaps alongside Lewis Capaldi "for the kids" like they did with George this year.

Fri - Lewis

Sat - Foals

Sun - VW

Edited by swelsbyuk

They've had a female headliner each of the last two years, I think this is probably something they'll try to continue doing where possible.

My current reckon is

FRI: Wolf Alice (if a new album is on the way)

SAT: Kings of Leon - if the Saturday trend of '00s Radio 2 guitar bands continues

SUN: Vampire Weekend

I'm guessing Wolf Alice will be on if they have a new album as they're very popular with the festival and I agree with the Chemical Brothers doing some kind of closing set. 

Beni seems rather disappointing compared to last year which makes me a bit worried for this year's one, there are several other European festival announcements over the next few days so I suppose we may find out some new acts that are around then too

On 11/25/2019 at 5:17 PM, kingcrawler said:

I can’t remember what thread it was in but someone posted something on the Glastonbury forum that suggested that Chemical Brothers were booked for this. 

Wolf Alice, Chemical Brothers/Snow Patrol, Vampire Weekend seems like a decent shout to me.

Haha, seeing The Chemical Brothers in Cardiff tonight, but would be VERY much up for seeing them in Latitude too! I have a STRONG feeling however that a certain Bombay Bicycle Club may be on the line-up :o 

10 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Haha, seeing The Chemical Brothers in Cardiff tonight, but would be VERY much up for seeing them in Latitude too! I have a STRONG feeling however that a certain Bombay Bicycle Club may be on the line-up :o 

As much as I'd enjoy it, Bombay Bicycle Club are a hard one to place for me, because they've already subbed it and headlined the second stage - and I don't quite think they're big enough to headline.

I suppose there's no rule to say they won't play in the same slot they've had before, I just wonder if they would.

• Downvote 1