Mercury Prize

The life of Pablo

Mercury Prize 2019  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/18/2019 at 04:00 PM

Dave's album is probably the one that grabbed me from first listen and it's an important album with topics that deserve a wider audience. Lesley is a phenomenal track. This year there is quite a few albums that I'd be happy to have win and less albums that I've gone why have they been nominated so pretty decent list. 

• Like 1

Yeah it's a better list than the last year or two.  I made this point last year, but I think it bears repeating.  The British jazz scene has been putting forward amazing groups and albums in recent years.  They've broken out from niche clubs to big stages at major festivals.  Glastonbury even had a venue specifically for this music.

And yet the Mercury list has no more than the token amount they put forward in any other year, while there's no shortage of guitar groups, several years into the era of nobody really giving a fuck about guitar groups.

I just heard Gaz Coombes talking on the radio.  He's one of the judges.

Not sure if they fit into the right time frame for the Mercury announcement, but wondered if Snapped Ankles might have appeared on the list, their last album was superb in my opinion, one of the best I have heard all year

Saying that, thats a pretty cool list, much better than the populist lists of recent years

I think Idles will win it though, just pipping Fontaines DC 

• 1 month later...