1 month on...

LSTx

7 minutes ago, Havors said:

I am still in the post Glasto Blues.... whenever the sun is shining or some good music on Im happy for about 30 seconds thinking about Glasto then realise its so fucking long until next year.... gutted. 

This.

Keep getting flashbacks when an act I saw comes on the radio of exactly where I was stood/sat and what I did that day.

They weren’t my favourite act of the weekend but weirdly I remember Bastille most vividly. All sat towards the middle/back of the field right by the metal walkway (AMAZING for navigation to/from your friends that thing!), pretty drunk and waiting for the rest of our group to go for a wander.

NOTE: Typing this post hasn’t done much to help with the Glasto blues!

Edited by DareToDibble

1 minute ago, DareToDibble said:

This.

Keep getting flashbacks when an act I saw comes on the radio of exactly where I was stood/sat and what I did that day.

They weren’t my favourite act of the weekend but weirdly I remember Bastille most vividly. All sat towards the middle/back of the field right by the mental walkway (AMAZING for navigation to/from your friends that thing!), pretty drunk and waiting for the rest of our group to go for a wander.

NOTE: Typing this post hasn’t done much to help with the Glasto blues!

Haha I know..... the frustration builds the more you think or talk about.... AARRRRGHHH!!!! wishing my life away here... im getting married in Sept but I just wish it was next June already haha 

• Like 1

Just now, Havors said:

Haha I know..... the frustration builds the more you think or talk about.... AARRRRGHHH!!!! wishing my life away here... im getting married in Sept but I just wish it was next June already haha 

Exactly!

Congratulations on the wedding mate. I’m getting married September 2020 and made the mistake of stating 2020 will be rubbish if I don’t get Glasto tickets. Woops ? 

2 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Exactly!

Congratulations on the wedding mate. I’m getting married September 2020 and made the mistake of stating 2020 will be rubbish if I don’t get Glasto tickets. Woops ? 

Haha thank you! Don't let your missus tell you to make it your stag do.... make sure you do that separately. Glasto is glasto... its like xmas, its a national holiday :D

5 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The positive being also that we dont have a fallow year to contend with :) 

That is something to be very positive about... we have a few years without... I hope they delay it again like the last one ha 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Haha thank you! Don't let your missus tell you to make it your stag do.... make sure you do that separately. Glasto is glasto... its like xmas, its a national holiday :D

She has mentioned that but I pointed out it’s hard enough getting tickets for our group let alone a group of 20odd of my mates :lol: 

Managed to organise the stag fairly early to Budapest for a long weekend - the same weekend as the F1 no less so seeing that on the Sunday. 1 month after Glasto50 so that should help with the Glastonbury blues!

• Upvote 1

I sometimes think it's unhealthy how much it takes over your life. Spent the last month decompressing from the event, measuring how high it ranked compared to others, comparing missed sets on the iplayer and using it as an excuse to meet up with friends to reinforce events and piecing back together parts that you'd forgotten about for one reason or other.

Thoughts now turn to October and how much we've fluked it the past ten times and how that luck has to run out sometime. Contingency plans in the event that we're unsuccessful and whether should go for Worthy View if we're lucky. Browsing here and noting how quiet it's getting and will remain till T-Day.

Obsessed.

9 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Still got some Mallets left!

Get em on ice and have a few over the next couple of evenings pal.

Footage from the festival on over the speakers, get yourself outside and crack open a cold one*

*or 5

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

1 month on.......

with the lens of memory already going slightly foggy with nostalgia, memory starting to accrue into mythology and hindsight starting to cohere

it was a classic.

Best one ever!