Sign in to follow this  
Welshwanderer

Security and a few other questions

Hey guys, first time going to KC this year with my mates and im super excited! But a little nervous....

Im gonna bring a bit of green in (please leave your judgement out if youre against it, im responsible) and was wondering if security are tight, any chances of a strip search if the dogs alert me? Or are they relaxed as long as you dont look like a yob? Was going to just put it in my pants to avoid any worries. Maybe im just overthinking it but worried it might be tough because of the tragic death a few years ago.

Got a few others questions. How early should i get to the glow tent if i want to get close to the front, is it packed? Also what are some good bands/acts my friends might enjoy that dont really listen to indie/rock? Any smaller acts ive never heard of i should see? 

5 minutes ago, Welshwanderer said:

Hey guys, first time going to KC this year with my mates and im super excited! But a little nervous....

Im gonna bring a bit of green in (please leave your judgement out if youre against it, im responsible) and was wondering if security are tight, any chances of a strip search if the dogs alert me? Or are they relaxed as long as you dont look like a yob? Was going to just put it in my pants to avoid any worries. Maybe im just overthinking it but worried it might be tough because of the tragic death a few years ago.

Got a few others questions. How early should i get to the glow tent if i want to get close to the front, is it packed? Also what are some good bands/acts my friends might enjoy that dont really listen to indie/rock? Any smaller acts ive never heard of i should see? 

Hi @Welshwanderer All I will say in regards to your security q is that there are sniffer dogs.

In regards to other non indie rock tents, house party is an obvious one but give both the yam riot and chai wallahs a check out 

Seeyouinthefields,

Rob

1 hour ago, Welshwanderer said:

How early should i get to the glow tent if i want to get close to the front, is it packed?

Hi.  The glow tent doesn't tend to get too packed until after the headline act has finished on the main stage.  Even then you should be able to work your way towards the front, it gets busy but not ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Welshwanderer said:

hi , my advice is leave your party supllies in the car be warned that every so many vehicles do get pulled over searched and the dogs have a sniff ! at busy times the dogs are at the gates ! get into the festival then just go back to your car and collect maybe have a crate of beer as well then just fly through the re entry lane .

2 hours ago, whitecarlos said:

Don’t want to start a new thread for another couple of questions...

How is the phone signal/4g?

Any WiFi on-site?

No WiFi from memory!

if your on o2 forget it 😂 get your self a couple of cans and a bit of string simple but effective! 

EE works well maybe 3 . 

If your with mates just pick a place to meet every few hours

• Upvote 1

get it wrapped up and sealed tight and put in a shampoo bottle or something similar. we've never had a problem, the dogs seem to be going nuts with all the smells and all the people. don't look like a yob and just cruise past smiling. 

leaving it in the car and going back for it is a sound bit of advise though. the dogs clock off after tea time from what i remember. you can scope it out on the way to the car.

20 hours ago, Welshwanderer said:

Im gonna bring a bit of green in (please leave your judgement out if youre against it, im responsible) and was wondering if security are tight, any chances of a strip search if the dogs alert me? Or are they relaxed as long as you dont look like a yob? 

We've been worrying about this too.  I always see dogs and last year saw some police with  a bunch of young lads.

However my pals always get green in so we're going to risk it. Im just going to hope they have bigger fish to fry than a couple from the midlands wanting to smoke a little.  Surely the dogs are more aimed at people who may be hoping to deal / cause harm to people around them? *does a little prayer*

We're on the shuttle bus so no car for us!

Edited by amyg1990

14 hours ago, LOCHLAND5 said:

No WiFi from memory!

if your on o2 forget it 😂 get your self a couple of cans and a bit of string simple but effective! 

EE works well maybe 3 . 

If your with mates just pick a place to meet every few hours

Its more to see a football match tomorrow night B)

Edited by whitecarlos

It makes you think that Cumbria police might use Kendal to get their arrest numbers up. Apart from the odd traffic offences and sheep rustling you wonder if they have much to do for the rest of the year.

18 hours ago, whitecarlos said:

Don’t want to start a new thread for another couple of questions...

How is the phone signal/4g?

Any WiFi on-site?

There's WiFi at Tim Peaks, I'm sure, although I'm not sure if that opens on the Thursday? Possibly Chai Wallahs too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Chipbarm said:

It makes you think that Cumbria police might use Kendal to get their arrest numbers up. Apart from the odd traffic offences and sheep rustling you wonder if they have much to do for the rest of the year.

They just sit round campfires singing Cum Bri A my lord....

3 minutes ago, whitecarlos said:

They just sit round campfires singing Cum Bri A my lord....

A stonewall classic!

• Like 1

Police have been searching all the traders with dogs the last 2 days and being ruthless