Spinning/Bunking in

Glastomemory

A couple of my friends were supposed to be getting in through a Scouser. They paid a £30 deposit last year and it should have been another 300 once they were in. The barcoded EPO bands messed things up. The bloke was adamant they had found a way round it, so my mates still headed down. Got there and the fella was messing them about all day, then he finally turned his phone off, he reckons he got arrested.

My mates kept asking about outside and  a bloke said he would get them in for £500. They knocked him down to £400 and this bloke just walked them through a gate with all their gear.

They had all sewn old bands round their hands with bangles and beads as well.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Kids have some of the worse insults. I remember as a kid watching Blue Peter and they did a piece on a bloke with learning difficulties called Joey Deacon. Within days the playground was awash with the sound of '"You're a Joey'. It's not pc but does raise a smile. 

I still use Joey.

I am somewhat comforted by the lack of success stories this year. I was packed and ready on the Thursday, trawling through the usual social medias looking for anyone who could help. I got a few offers of people selling tickets, but prices were way high, and I was anxious on taking a punt with someone else's ticket. I gather that the locals ticket loophole was closed this year (ie names of guests had to be given months in advance).

Either way, its getting even harder to find a way in if you don't get a ticket.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:48 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Kids have some of the worse insults. I remember as a kid watching Blue Peter and they did a piece on a bloke with learning difficulties called Joey Deacon. Within days the playground was awash with the sound of '"You're a Joey'. It's not pc but does raise a smile. 

I heard from a teacher that The Spastic Society rebranded themselves due to the playground use of spastic and spaz as an insult. They are now known as Scope. Apparently within days of the rebrand, 'Scoper' became the insult of choice.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Must be interpretation, I consider “tool” to be akin to calling someone a “dick”.

Sure. I may just about get away with calling my boss a weapon as long as I didn’t emphasise too much but  tool wouldn’t go down that well. Called him a twat once, around the table at our  morning conference; just came out. Ended up in the office apologising. 

On 7/28/2019 at 5:48 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Aaah poor old Joey and who was his mate who understood every word he said? Ernie? The Joey insult was all over my secondary school like a plague for what seemed like decades until the "poverty" became popular for insulting anyone wearing Tesco clothes or issued food vouchers. I seem to remember Joey sadly fell to his death from a boat on the Thames, strange but sad times.

Must admit even nowadays I still on a rare occasion use the great Joey although I prefer a Deacon. The Deacon is normally only noticed by the insult experts though. Either one raises some fond smiles and memories rather than anyone being insulted. Is this wrong and am I a bastard?!

Edited by Cooter
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, eastynh said:

anyone heard of 'plant pot' being used as an insult?

Yep. My dad used to call me that when I was a nipper. Liverpool(ish) area. Still scarred?

Edited by Northern Soul
I can only think of the ancient-ness of the insult possibly coming from Bill & Ben the flower pot men?

8 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Yeah in Birkenhead this was a thing, as tame as could be. 

2 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Yep. My dad used to call me that when I was a nipper. Liverpool(ish) area. Still scarred?

Must be a north west thing then as it is still used in Manchester.

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

My dad used to call me a w*nker and a c**t. Still scarred. :)

My boss uses both of those in my direction, albeit on a one to one level.   We get on pretty well :D

One that was local to me in North Kent as a kid was "dinlo". Never heard it anywhere else and God only knows what it meant.

Tit is always a good one.  Carries just the right level of disdain without being massively rude.

7 hours ago, Quark said:

My boss uses both of those in my direction, albeit on a one to one level.   We get on pretty well :D

One that was local to me in North Kent as a kid was "dinlo". Never heard it anywhere else and God only knows what it meant.

Tit is always a good one.  Carries just the right level of disdain without being massively rude.

‘Dinlo’ still alive and kicking here in Poole. Wife calls me one all the time. 

11 hours ago, Quark said:

Huh. Be a dear and ask her what the hell it means! :lol:

It's the equivalent of calling someone stupid - it's common is some unusual local dialects.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:15 AM, maelzoid said:

I am somewhat comforted by the lack of success stories this year. I was packed and ready on the Thursday, trawling through the usual social medias looking for anyone who could help. I got a few offers of people selling tickets, but prices were way high, and I was anxious on taking a punt with someone else's ticket. I gather that the locals ticket loophole was closed this year (ie names of guests had to be given months in advance).

Either way, its getting even harder to find a way in if you don't get a ticket.

I was working in the Villagers gate next to Worthy view and there was no need to have given anyones name months in advance.    AS long as they had a separate pass and had names written on there along with the original ticket and ID, they got in no bother.   It was only the original recipient that had a wristband.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:30 PM, Hugh Jass said:

No wall = no festival.

It’s that simple.

Yeah, that's what I mean, but I've had convos with ppl on here that wishes the festival was an open free-for-all.  In a perfect world of course that would be amazing, but it's never gonna happen. 

Anyway, there's always gonna be a few ppl bunking in. Never heard of "spinning" in though - sounds more fun in general