Spinning/Bunking in

Glastomemory

I was showing some people around at my work the other day who happened to be from Glastonbury town and one of them had a friend who crawled through an underground tunnel this year after being tipped off regarding the co-ordinates! I was quite shocked as thought that it must go on for quite a while to have to go past all the fences and he said that with the rain in the days before it was a bit touch and go as to whether the tunnel would still be in one piece!!! :o:ph34r:

29 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

I was showing some people around at my work the other day who happened to be from Glastonbury town and one of them had a friend who crawled through an underground tunnel this year after being tipped off regarding the co-ordinates! I was quite shocked as thought that it must go on for quite a while to have to go past all the fences and he said that with the rain in the days before it was a bit touch and go as to whether the tunnel would still be in one piece!!! :o:ph34r:

Think not. Think somebody might notice the exit within the fence. Unless of course they mean the rabbit hole. In which case they were already in and had no need to 'tunnel' .?

53 minutes ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I avoid words like that as they are used to insult folk with learning disabilities. For me it is in the same group as spaz. 

Didn't know that. Always thought that's a safe one to use. In my mind it was a spindly witch like creature. I shall try to never use that again after reading the meaning. Cheers for educating. ?

58 minutes ago, rosieangel said:

But when you get out of the tunnel...

Image result for shawshank rain gif

On 7/25/2019 at 9:02 PM, incident said:

There's two very different sentiments there though. The first one - romanticism for how things were in the past - is almost always accompanied by an acknowledgement that things had to change.

The second one - somehow being the true spirit of the festival - I've only ever heard from obvious trolls. It's not a common thing at all.

I don't think the contradiction you're describing really exists in any significant numbers.

I think it's true that as few of us have got a bit glassy eyed about getting in for free in the old days, but still find the guy claiming he does it all the time to be a bit of a pillock. Admittedly, there's a bit of cognitive dissonance there, but it's not quite the same thing - acceptable in the 90s and all that.

Besides, he's lying.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 26 July 2019 at 12:07 PM, Rufus Gwertigan said:

I avoid words like that as they are used to insult folk with learning disabilities. For me it is in the same group as spaz.

5 hours ago, Rufus Gwertigan said:

Kids have some of the worse insults. I remember as a kid watching Blue Peter and they did a piece on a bloke with learning difficulties called Joey Deacon. Within days the playground was awash with the sound of '"You're a Joey'. It's not pc but does raise a smile.

Was about to reply to your first post. Glad I read down.

Was going to say (am saying it anyway) a couple of years ago someone used the phrase "You fuckin' Joey",  near me and it was honestly the first time had heard that particular insult for about a quarter of a century.

31 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Weapon is a good one, so is Spanner.

Agreed with Beaut and Whopper too.

I was introduced to 'spanner' a fair few years ago, and I like it - a lot. However, I must submit to believing that 'weapon' is much more fruity.

Anyway, that's all I've got to say (so far) on this, you conglomerate of weigh anchors! 

Soz - you know that I didn't really mean that. I'll do anything for affect and effect, like the slag I am. 

1 hour ago, adamg1602 said:

I was spun in on the Friday, we got there in the Wednesday though and our original way in had fallen through. I'm not going to give too many details about it but if you have the money there's always a way in

What did you do for those 2 days?