Spinning/Bunking in

Glastomemory

3 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

Sorry I thought this thread was about bunking in. Not got the time to read all the posts. Some people are not aware of the fact that you don’t HAVE to have a wristband.

I’ll get back in my box shall I?

I wasn't aware of that until this year to be honest.  It's a bit of a strange thing isn't it - you'd think they'd give them to everyone to make it easier to spot those without.

Do you have any water in your well yet? :)

27 minutes ago, stuie said:

I wasn't aware of that until this year to be honest.  It's a bit of a strange thing isn't it - you'd think they'd give them to everyone to make it easier to spot those without.

Do you have any water in your well yet? :)

It is strange.

As a volunteer on the gates, no one was ever really properly briefed about this. The result was groups of volunteers stood around scratching their head looking at a piece of paper not really sure if it was legit or not. Fortunately a supervisor was usually close by to verify...

I was on Ped Gate A, which is not used by too many villagers, so awareness of this type of ticket was low.

20 minutes ago, Sku said:

It is strange.

As a volunteer on the gates, no one was ever really properly briefed about this. The result was groups of volunteers stood around scratching their head looking at a piece of paper not really sure if it was legit or not. Fortunately a supervisor was usually close by to verify...

I was on Ped Gate A, which is not used by too many villagers, so awareness of this type of ticket was low.

It's really small numbers and I believe the villagers can pass on the right of entry to someone else for the next day but I don't understand why no wristbands are issued tbh.

Yeah, it's tiny numbers, but no one fully understands the villager ticket system, including a lot of the villagers. Apart from a handful of people who get a bit "don't you know who I am" most seem to understand that if you go in one of the main gates that doesn't see a lot of them, then there is going to be a short delay while the steward figures it out. And we are briefed to be extra nice to them, not just the usual level of nice for everyone else.

22 minutes ago, jimbarkanoodle said:

I would love to regale my tales, but my posts are not being approved by a moderator.

Quite fitting that these couple of days should see a curb of free speech, given the new right wing government that has just being installed.

Grow up you imbecile.

Other people are not obliged to give you a platform for you to encourage others to be as big a self serving c**t as you.

It's the right wingers who are only out for themselves. You.

35 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I think imbecile is my favourite non sweary insult. Very satisfying to say and it conveys so much.

Getting your point across without swearing is admirable. But always keep a couple of good sweary ones on hold for when you're dealing with a complete and utter imbecile. They can't all understand the word imbecile .?

45 minutes ago, mashedonmud said:

Getting your point across without swearing is admirable. But always keep a couple of good sweary ones on hold for when you're dealing with a complete and utter imbecile. They can't all understand the word imbecile .?

I keep the C-Bomb in my arsenal for very extreme circumstances.

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I keep the C-Bomb in my arsenal for very extreme circumstances.

Had a friend put down a very arrogant chap at a festival with the best C-bomb I've ever heard. Now to give you some context this arrogant very well spoken chap had basically asked if one of the females in our group was or had been a lady of the night. As we all stared at him in disbelief he chipped in with. (You'll have to do the well spoken accent yourself)

"I've always been a bit of a c#nt "

My mate reacted quickly with a very good imitation of the accent.

"You sir are not a c#nt,  you sir are all sorts of c#nt".

Top reply in the correct circumstances IMO. ?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mashedonmud said:

Had a friend put down a very arrogant chap at a festival with the best C-bomb I've ever heard. Now to give you some context this arrogant very well spoken chap had basically asked if one of the females in our group was or had been a lady of the night. As we all stared at him in disbelief he chipped in with. (You'll have to do the well spoken accent yourself)

"I've always been a bit of a c#nt "

My mate reacted quickly with a very good imitation of the accent.

"You sir are not a c#nt,  you sir are all sorts of c#nt".

Top reply in the correct circumstances IMO. ?

Was it Boris?

10 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Was it Boris?

It would work with that scenario ?

And any involving trump. In fact any statement made by trump or Boris could be replied too in that manner.  And be categorically correct. ?

Edited by mashedonmud

I'm confused, some ppl are super romantic about ppl bunking in as it's in 'the true spirit of Glasto because it should be available for everyone' and yet when someone claims to have done it he gets vilified. Wall or no wall? 

Personally, I'm all for the wall cos it cuts down on crime and helps the festival keep going. 

9 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm confused, some ppl are super romantic about ppl bunking in as it's in 'the true spirit of Glasto because it should be available for everyone' and yet when someone claims to have done it he gets vilified. Wall or no wall? 

Personally, I'm all for the wall cos it cuts down on crime and helps the festival keep going. 

No wall = no festival.

It’s that simple.

37 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I'm confused, some ppl are super romantic about ppl bunking in as it's in 'the true spirit of Glasto because it should be available for everyone'

There's two very different sentiments there though. The first one - romanticism for how things were in the past - is almost always accompanied by an acknowledgement that things had to change.

The second one - somehow being the true spirit of the festival - I've only ever heard from obvious trolls. It's not a common thing at all.

I don't think the contradiction you're describing really exists in any significant numbers.