Spinning/Bunking in

Glastomemory

this year i snook in 

do it every year

this year i just walked straight through the gate

all i had to do was show them my ticket i purchased with my picture on it. works every year

you buy a ticket, then just walk in . must admit i was a tad nervous as my photo didn't have  a beard and i had grown one . but alas it was me and all fine . 

more people should try it 

• Upvote 2

I didn’t even pay to get in this year ? I breezed up with my EPO band and just went in, bold as you like. Even went in on Tuesday, just to take the piss a bit extra. 

Ok I had to volunteer and work 3 x8hr shifts, but still: I got in for free ? I’m like, bad and that 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shuttlep said:

this year i snook in 

do it every year

this year i just walked straight through the gate

all i had to do was show them my ticket i purchased with my picture on it. works every year

you buy a ticket, then just walk in . must admit i was a tad nervous as my photo didn't have  a beard and i had grown one . but alas it was me and all fine . 

more people should try it 

I dunno, people like you...

There were literally thousands coming in like this during my shift on the Wednesday.

19 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I noticed on Sunday afternoon there was this woman strutting and dancing around the Pyramid without a wristband on.

Absolutely brazen she was, I’m surprised security didn’t notice.

Same thing happened with this old fella at the Acoustic Stage on the Friday afternoon.  He was acting as if he owned the place! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Same thing happened with this old fella at the Acoustic Stage on the Friday afternoon.  He was acting as if he owned the place! 

Was being driven back from shift one morning when we encountered a red Landover being driven far too fast and the wrong way. Minibus driver shouts out "who's that prick, driving like he owns the fucking pla...never mind"

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Was being driven back from shift one morning when we encountered a red Landover being driven far too fast and the wrong way. Minibus driver shouts out "who's that prick, driving like he owns the fucking pla...never mind"

Was the duke of edinburgh on site then ? 

• Upvote 1

Met a few who got in without tickets.

Also while on shift at back of T&C a sweaty security guard asked if I had seen a bearded chap with cider running through. No I say why?

He had jumped the fence 

I did say fair play to him. Security said that they thought the same and he should have a cracking party and stoppedlooking for him and had a chat with me. 

• Upvote 1

Was sat having a pancake in the shade near West Holts on Friday, saw some commotion as security surrounded a fella without wristband. 50 odd year old Woman comes and sits next to me strikes up a conversation along the lines of "Can you pretend you know me so they don't look too closely at me, I was with him"

They'd paid some local £50 to be led through some fields and under a hole in the fence. Sat chatting to her for a good half hour, told me all the details of how they pulled it off, and all about her life, absolutely fascinating conversation. 

Felt bad for the guy she was with though, a very heavy handed search by 5+ security and police, thrown in the back of a land rover in cuffs at the end of it!

38 minutes ago, HS94 said:

Was sat having a pancake in the shade near West Holts on Friday, saw some commotion as security surrounded a fella without wristband. 50 odd year old Woman comes and sits next to me strikes up a conversation along the lines of "Can you pretend you know me so they don't look too closely at me, I was with him"

They'd paid some local £50 to be led through some fields and under a hole in the fence. Sat chatting to her for a good half hour, told me all the details of how they pulled it off, and all about her life, absolutely fascinating conversation. 

Felt bad for the guy she was with though, a very heavy handed search by 5+ security and police, thrown in the back of a land rover in cuffs at the end of it!

Not sure they're allowed to handcuff trespassers.  It's not a criminal offence. 

40 minutes ago, HS94 said:

under a hole in the fence ? surely you would just go through the hole ? seriously though doesn't the fence have a trackway around it now ? so it would need to be more like a tunnel ? 

1 hour ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

Not sure they're allowed to handcuff trespassers.  It's not a criminal offence. 

I think it probably would've been the small bag of white powder they found on his person then. Either way, could it not constitute breaking and entering? 

20 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I noticed on Sunday afternoon there was this woman strutting and dancing around the Pyramid without a wristband on.

Absolutely brazen she was, I’m surprised security didn’t notice.

People coming in on village tickets that have been signed over to them do not get wristbands. They have a ticket and a signed pass only. So she could have been legit.

9 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

People coming in on village tickets that have been signed over to them do not get wristbands. They have a ticket and a signed pass only. So she could have been legit.

Or she could have been Kylie Minogue!

4 minutes ago, stuie said:

Or she could have been Kylie Minogue!

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Image result for joke over head gif

Sorry I thought this thread was about bunking in. Not got the time to read all the posts. Some people are not aware of the fact that you don’t HAVE to have a wristband.

I’ll get back in my box shall I?