Tramlines 2020

jj200

4 hours ago, moams said:

If it is true Catfish and Ian Brown would both go down well. Madness doesn’t surprise me with the Sunday headliners they have had in the past so hopefully the undercard will be strong. 

Does anyone know what the capacity of Tramlines is? It’s down as 30’000 on here but I’m sure they were nominated under a the larger festivals section at the festival awards which is 40’000+. @JBarbour

There were over 40000 in on Saturday last year. 

2 minutes ago, Dronx said:

That’s not bad at all for a festival that started off the size it did, let’s hope they get similar numbers again this year. Regardless of who they announce Tuesday it’s still not a bad festival for the price. 

4 hours ago, moams said:

Does anyone know what the capacity of Tramlines is? It’s down as 30’000 on here but I’m sure they were nominated under a the larger festivals section at the festival awards which is 40’000+. @JBarbour

24 minutes ago, Dronx said:

Errmmm

It's complicated. The first year at Hillsborough was 40,000, second year 30,000. They may well of sold some extra day tickets. But it was def billed as a 30,000 capacity event last year

Edited by JBarbour

8 hours ago, JBarbour said:

Errmmm

It's complicated. The first year at Hillsborough was 40,000, second year 30,000. They may well of sold some extra day tickets. But it was def billed as a 30,000 capacity event last year

You’ll have a better idea then me, I read somewhere about the 40000 been in the park. It felt considerably busier last year then 2018. 

37 minutes ago, Dronx said:

You’ll have a better idea then me, I read somewhere about the 40000 been in the park. It felt considerably busier last year then 2018. 

I believe the record attendance was Noel Gallagher day 2018. Although the City has recorded footfall 100k+ previous years, but that includes all the fringe and non festival stuff. That capacity def went down last year.

They got an indefinite licence after last years event. First time I've noticed a festival/event get a licence worded, "indefinite". 

See if the festival site is run as smooth with no Ground Control or Broadwick involved this year. 

Edited by JBarbour

Seems that Catfish, Ian Brown and Madness has made its way on to Twitter and doesn’t seem to be going down well. The fact that people still think that Tramlines can pull the likes of Liam Gallagher or Arctic Monkeys still baffles me. 

16 minutes ago, JBarbour said:

That's funny. 

People's expectations always seem way too high especially on social media. What do people expect for the money. 

Agreed I got my tickets during the early bird so I got a weekend ticket for less than £40 which is an absolute steal. Even at the current price Ian Brown, Catfish and Madness with a good undercard is still good value for money. 

Hoping for bands like Twin Atlantic on the undercard. They supported on Catfish on their tour plus when asked if they had some festivals lined up over Summer in a Q and A they said they did. Feel they could be held back as they have a March tour to sell. 

13 hours ago, moams said:

Agreed I got my tickets during the early bird so I got a weekend ticket for less than £40 which is an absolute steal. Even at the current price Ian Brown, Catfish and Madness with a good undercard is still good value for money. 

Agree with this, what more do people want when you can get a weekend ticket for £40.

23 minutes ago, sameimpala said:

Seen a fair few people complain about the Catfish, Ian and Madness trio but it's really not far from last year's headliners of Two Door, Courteeners and Chic. Not sure what people expect from a £70 weekend ticket lol

I have paid £54 this year which is amazing value.  Double this and it would still be decent.

All 3 of last years headliners were excellent and I would say Two Door and Courteeners were my most listened to bands in 2019 and I went to see both again on the back of Tramlines sets.  Tramlines 20 will do well to live up to Tramlines 19.

13 hours ago, moams said:

I've paid £150 for VIP as my wife has been diagnosed with something that makes her tire out easily, so the seating in VIP will help. 

Even at £150 for three days of music its still an absolute steal. 

1 minute ago, swede said:

I've paid £150 for VIP as my wife has been diagnosed with something that makes her tire out easily, so the seating in VIP will help. 

Even at £150 for three days of music its still an absolute steal. 

VIP is 100% worth it we went there last year. Somewhere to sit, smaller queues at the bar and also somewhere to get out of the crowds if you want. Turns out we have also booked it this year didn’t realise so we got it for £70 each.