Tramlines 2020

jj200

Why would they twin a camping and non camping festival. Seems a bit strange to be honest surely Y Not would be a better twin for Truck given their lineup was practically the same this year (not sure they are still owned by the same people?)

3 minutes ago, gfa said:

Why would they twin a camping and non camping festival. Seems a bit strange to be honest surely Y Not would be a better twin for Truck given their lineup was practically the same this year

it's the bands who get twin-booked, to play at both festivals.

By making a more substantial offer (two shows, double[ish] the money) the fests are more likely to secure that act, and because it's two shows in one booking the fest might get a few quid knocked off too.

20 hours ago, gfa said:

Why would they twin a camping and non camping festival. Seems a bit strange to be honest surely Y Not would be a better twin for Truck given their lineup was practically the same this year (not sure they are still owned by the same people?)

Y Not is an independent festival again. 

Truck and Tramlines will share main stage line ups with local acts different at the events. 

On 9/17/2019 at 1:30 PM, eFestivals said:

it's the bands who get twin-booked, to play at both festivals.

By making a more substantial offer (two shows, double[ish] the money) the fests are more likely to secure that act, and because it's two shows in one booking the fest might get a few quid knocked off too.

Also useful to share cost say flights etc. 

Used to happen a lot for DJs a few clubs would share the cost of flying someone in and on hotels, etc. Do would normally do 3 sets each night but all over the country 

• 4 weeks later...

Decided not to do Glasto next year as my wife has been diagnosed with a medical condition that means she wouldn't handle vast walking involved with conquering Glasto. 

Instead we've booked VIP tickets for Tramlines. My brother went in 2018 and friends went this year and they all loved it, cant wait !

On 10/15/2019 at 12:36 PM, swede said:

Decided not to do Glasto next year as my wife has been diagnosed with a medical condition that means she wouldn't handle vast walking involved with conquering Glasto. 

Instead we've booked VIP tickets for Tramlines. My brother went in 2018 and friends went this year and they all loved it, cant wait !

Been going VIP the past few years and returning again next year. Great festival for the price and VIP is definitely worth it to avoid the queues at the bar, better loos and also somewhere to sit. 

17 hours ago, moams said:

Been going VIP the past few years and returning again next year. Great festival for the price and VIP is definitely worth it to avoid the queues at the bar, better loos and also somewhere to sit. 

My wife's suffering from a condition that affects her thyroid so gets tired easily, could still be ongoing next summer so we thought the VIP would be great for all those reasons 

7 hours ago, swede said:

My wife's suffering from a condition that affects her thyroid so gets tired easily, could still be ongoing next summer so we thought the VIP would be great for all those reasons 

I’m sorry to hear that. VIP is great though, plenty of benches and bean bags to sit down on. There’s also a sheltered area if you don’t mind sitting on the floor thats in the shade. I like it as it’s somewhere to go out of the crowds and you can sit down without getting in everyone’s way and getting trampled on. There’s sometimes a small queue if you get to the entrance when the bands on the main stage finish but no longer than a minute or so. Enjoy the festival ?

14 hours ago, moams said:

I’m sorry to hear that. VIP is great though, plenty of benches and bean bags to sit down on. There’s also a sheltered area if you don’t mind sitting on the floor thats in the shade. I like it as it’s somewhere to go out of the crowds and you can sit down without getting in everyone’s way and getting trampled on. There’s sometimes a small queue if you get to the entrance when the bands on the main stage finish but no longer than a minute or so. Enjoy the festival ?

Cheers mate, will do, I've heard nothing but good things from my brother and friends 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2019 at 11:15 PM, moams said:

Could we be due an announcement soon? Tier 4 have sold out but they are holding off on Tier 5 going on sale. Could be just a marketing ploy and releasing Christmas tickets with bobble hats like last year

Likely no announcement while next year. 

1 hour ago, JBarbour said:

Likely no announcement while next year. 

Yes, saw they replied to someone’s tweet saying first announcement in the new year. Will they officially be announcing sharing a main stage with truck or will they just both be announced simultaneously?

• 3 weeks later...