Old wristbands? Guide?

mrfunk

I'm looking for a definitive photo of all the public wristbands for Glasto going back through the years.. I think I'm a few missing... The earliest one I have is a plain yellow fabric.. Thanks

...And perhaps Glastonbury wristbands will in future be chipped, to enable a cashless festival, like Bluedot is now. 

There's some clear advantages. Convenient, works well, instant, and no risk of losing your money. Downsides too, such as having to load cash up onto the App, then claim a refund for outstanding unspent cash, which I've just done...

Bluedot Wristband.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, paulshane said:

when was the first year that wristbands were issued? I don't recall having one in '95, or '97. Passouts in '95 were just a UV stamp on the back of your hand :)

it goes back far further than 1997

I cant find the first few years ' but I do still have the tickets from 1979 - 1981 - 1982 ' but its so long ago I cant recall if they even issued a wrist band.

1987 was the last year I was a ticket holder so all the rest are crew wrist bands.

to-87.thumb.jpg.0ae4c6e49f3d06fc8d92c5115df22540.jpg

1 hour ago, glasto-worker said:

it goes back far further than 1997

I cant find the first few years ' but I do still have the tickets from 1979 - 1981 - 1982 ' but its so long ago I cant recall if they even issued a wrist band.

1987 was the last year I was a ticket holder so all the rest are crew wrist bands.

to-87.thumb.jpg.0ae4c6e49f3d06fc8d92c5115df22540.jpg

wow, my memory must be failing me, I really don't remember having wristbands in the 90's !

I have all mine from about 2000 onwards but I guess I must have just chucked the earlier ones, which is odd as I still have the programmes and guides etc

Awesome help... Will need to keep an eye on ebay to try and get my old o es from the 90s. Really interested in the bands used from 95 to 2004. As I think ive got the rest fromm 2004 till now.... 

FYI I'm looking to convert my fest hat, by seeing these on. 

Thanks 

Awesome help... Will need to keep an eye on ebay to try and get my old o es from the 90s. Really interested in the bands used from 95 to 2004. As I think ive got the rest fromm 2004 till now.... 

I really can't remember any wristbands in the 90s

FYI I'm looking to convert my fest hat, by seeing these on. 

Thanks 

On 7/23/2019 at 3:23 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

...And perhaps Glastonbury wristbands will in future be chipped, to enable a cashless festival, like Bluedot is now. 

There's some clear advantages. Convenient, works well, instant, and no risk of losing your money. Downsides too, such as having to load cash up onto the App, then claim a refund for outstanding unspent cash, which I've just done...

Bluedot Wristband.jpg

I actually hope it never goes cashless. Found it horrible in the past, bad experiences at Pitchfork Paris but then again maybe it's because the app was in French so I had to queue up just to load a card. And then it's ridiculous having to wait for a refund.

Scannable to allow easier re-entry I'm fine with. Just please don't ever go cashless.

On 7/24/2019 at 8:14 AM, paulshane said:

wow, my memory must be failing me, I really don't remember having wristbands in the 90's !

I have all mine from about 2000 onwards but I guess I must have just chucked the earlier ones, which is odd as I still have the programmes and guides etc

it is possible that some years they did not have them for ticket holders and I would have been unaware - they had various Crew passes depending what access I had and some years it was wrist bands and other years it was combined with a laminate { sometimes called a AAA } - I have my collection from 1989 to date but most are stuck in a bag that I have not seen for years - it will resurface at some point.

• Upvote 1

On 7/23/2019 at 8:59 PM, Avalon_Fields said:

Here's the last 14. Someone will have to help me, I can't work out which one's are 2003 and 2004. (2010 to 2003, then 2019 to 2011)

G Wristbands 1.jpg

G Wristbands 2.jpg

I think yellow with stars is 2004 and beige with triangles is 2003.

• Upvote 1

On 7/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, D-Low said:

I actually hope it never goes cashless. Found it horrible in the past, bad experiences at Pitchfork Paris but then again maybe it's because the app was in French so I had to queue up just to load a card. And then it's ridiculous having to wait for a refund.

Scannable to allow easier re-entry I'm fine with. Just please don't ever go cashless.

I'm also wary about having to give my details and data to a 3rd party with little say on how that would be used.

On 7/24/2019 at 7:53 PM, D-Low said:

I'm going to Neverworld next weekend, they've gone cashless.  It just seems dumb and I just do not see the point.  Why give your punters less choice and extra hassle? 

On 7/27/2019 at 6:25 PM, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

I'm going to Neverworld next weekend, they've gone cashless.  It just seems dumb and I just do not see the point.  Why give your punters less choice and extra hassle? 

The prime reason for going cashless at festivals is so the organisers can ensure they get paid the correct percentage pitch fees by all the traders. 

The event organisers provide all the technology and infrastructure to the traders and all the cash goes direct to them. 

The traders get their takings about a week later when any percentage fees have been taken. 

It’s worse for traders. 

Here are all the ones from 2002 - 2017. I don't remember having a wristband in 1999 and 2000, and in the photos I've found online people don't seem to be wearing them.

Edit: Think I might have 2002 and 2004 mixed up, hang on...

Glastonbury Wristbands - with dates.JPG

Edited by JPixie

40 minutes ago, JPixie said:

Here are all the ones from 2002 - 2017. I don't remember having a wristband in 1999 and 2000, and in the photos I've found online people don't seem to be wearing them.

Had 2002 and 2004 in the wrong order before, here's a corrected one. The 3 earliest look a bit weird now as they're currently sewn onto my wallet!

Glastonbury Wristbands - with dates - corrected.png