Origins of 'Pymild'

blutarsky

Just now, caballosblancos said:

Was taught this spelling by my mum 30 years ago. Not gonna change it now because someone thinks it’s hipster. Must be at least a 40 year old variation based on the fact the Guardian’s editors are fucking illiterate as fuck 

It was a misprint of their own name in their own publication, many many years ago.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was a misprint of their own name in their own publication, many many years ago.

Ahhh that makes sense and rings a bell. Thanks. So Private Eye satirised that or is that a red herring? It’s still true to this day that their editing and proofing is appalling 

17 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

I’d also wondered the OP’s question. Had never - and still don’t I think knowing the story - considered it a form of quiet bullying. All forums are absolutely full of that stuff, and this is very gentle stirring 

I think if JJ was a serious poster then yes it could be considered bad, but realistically there’s absolutely no chance he’s genuine.

Besides, I’d say JJ has reached a point where he’s looked upon quite fondly around these parts. I almost see “Pymild” as a term of endearment.

42 minutes ago, caballosblancos said:

Ahhh that makes sense and rings a bell. Thanks. So Private Eye satirised that or is that a red herring? It’s still true to this day that their editing and proofing is appalling 

Actually, I don't know who is right? Me or Yeti. I've not Googled it, if he has then I've probably got it wrong.

Edit: I've Googled it. Trust  Yeti.

Edited by stuartbert two hats
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I think if JJ was a serious poster then yes it could be considered bad, but realistically there’s absolutely no chance he’s genuine.

Besides, I’d say JJ has reached a point where he’s looked upon quite fondly around these parts. I almost see “Pymild” as a term of endearment.

Yes, I’ve totally been reading it as endearing 

41 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Talking of pies - how infuriating is it when you order a pie in a pub/restaurant and it isn't a fucking pie? Its just some food in a bowl with a pastry lid... 

Yeah you end up giving up on a lot of the good stuff, so much fucking effort. And the amount of pastry that is stuck to the sides you just lose out big time. 

58 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Talking of pies - how infuriating is it when you order a pie in a pub/restaurant and it isn't a fucking pie? Its just some food in a bowl with a pastry lid... 

Dont even fucking start me on those abominations. Pie my arse. If I see pie on a menu I ask if that's the case before ordering. 

4 hours ago, mcshed said:

But it's still a joke account it's not someone's real views so the person being slagged doesn't exist and it's all a reaction for the person behind the account which is presumably the desired effect.

I dunno man, 1000+ posts is a lot of work for a joke account. I just get uncomfortable with a bit of a mob mentality  y'know?

And yes, I may be drunk. I'm looking forward to tomorrow's 2hr review meeting with my supplier. 

On 7/22/2019 at 2:56 PM, blutarsky said:

Have searched, can't find answer. 

Enlighten me!

-------------------------------

Image result for pint of mild

= pimild.

Pymild is just a bastardisation of the above 'original' formula. i think it came over from America, but could be even more vulgar than that!

Oh, and if that's not enough far you, look at this - It's the words 'The Guardian' (and it's proper logo), alongside a pint of mild.

Image result for pint of mild