Origins of 'Pymild'

blutarsky

Thought it was the same as the kind of people who're quite pleased with themselves at spelling 'Guardian' as 'Grauniad', as if to allude to some kind of in-joke. Spell it as it's spelt, hipster douchebags.

Edited by kalifire
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, kalifire said:

Thought it was the same as the kind of people who're quite pleased with themselves at spelling 'Guardian' as 'Grauniad', as if to allude to some kind of in-joke. Spell it as it's spelt, hipster douchebags.

If you take away in-jokes and Simpsons memes we might just as well not bother! :lol:

13 hours ago, kalifire said:

But 'Grauniad' is an in-joke.  It originated and has been running in Private Eye for decades, and reading the Guardian confirms it's still apt.

People are free to spell Pyramid however they choose, and they don't need to be called names for it.

36 minutes ago, Quark said:

OK I'm gonna be the one to say this first up.

Can we please not just turn this into a weird passive aggressive thread for bashing jj200?

We've now got Prime Minister Johnson for fucks sakes. Common enemy and all that.

I think you'll find its spelt pime minister...

Edited by Mattymooz

1 hour ago, Quark said:

OK I'm gonna be the one to say this first up.

Can we please not just turn this into a weird passive aggressive thread for bashing jj200?

We've now got Prime Minister Johnson for fucks sakes. Common enemy and all that.

Can we openly bash him then rather than doing it passive aggressively?

Surely posting joke line ups in line up threads gets old pretty quick.

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Can we openly bash him then rather than doing it passive aggressively?

Surely posting joke line ups in line up threads gets old pretty quick.

So reply to those posts directly and call him out.  Or add him to your ignored users list.  A thread that's just repeated posts bashing someone that's not in the conversation is just a bit shit.

EDIT: bit short tempered this afternoon....tiresome but it's hardly trolling on the level of the knobhead that was on about burning tents and breaking in, who absolutely deserves to be pilloried. I just think react accordingly.  When threads like this kick off they just have a horrible feel of the sharks circling.

Edited by Quark

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

So reply to those posts directly and call him out.  Or add him to your ignored users list.  A thread that's just repeated posts bashing someone that's not in the conversation is just a bit shit.

How is he getting bashed?

Also, isn’t copying ‘pymild’ taking the piss out of him too?

Just now, dentalplan said:

It's building that way, hence getting it in early.

Pymild - maybe. Might be a fair call.  It's kind of become one of those things in this place like Pablo Honey being at 9 to me as it's generally used without a direct reference back to where it came from.  But fair point.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think it is. And I'm pretty uncomfortable with it personally. If the source of the the joke isn't in on the joke, then it's somewhat at their expense.

Which is a bit mean. Which I'm not down with.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

EDIT: bit short tempered this afternoon....tiresome but it's hardly trolling on the level of the knobhead that was on about burning tents and breaking in, who absolutely deserves to be pilloried. I just think react accordingly.  When threads like this kick off they just have a horrible feel of the sharks circling.

But it's still a joke account it's not someone's real views so the person being slagged doesn't exist and it's all a reaction for the person behind the account which is presumably the desired effect.

23 hours ago, kalifire said:

Was taught this spelling by my mum 30 years ago. Not gonna change it now because someone thinks it’s hipster. Must be at least a 40 year old variation based on the fact the Guardian’s editors are fucking illiterate as fuck