Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

10 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Lack of communication has been ridiculous. Nothing on social media since April 7th. I noticed that bars in places like Ibiza and Benidorm have opened back up again.

Surely they won’t try and push forward with this?

Ryan air are saying they will have 1000 flights a day operational by the 1st of july aswell. The festival wont go ahead but I think were going to loose out on the flights. I wont bother going the next year if I have to pay for new flights. Wish they would just make an announcement its ridiculous at this stage. 

13 minutes ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

Ryan air are saying they will have 1000 flights a day operational by the 1st of july aswell. The festival wont go ahead but I think were going to loose out on the flights. I wont bother going the next year if I have to pay for new flights. Wish they would just make an announcement its ridiculous at this stage. 

Can only hope you’re offered a chance to reschedule them. We were only 48 quid return with easyjet so not really losing out thankfully.

21 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Can only hope you’re offered a chance to reschedule them. We were only 48 quid return with easyjet so not really losing out thankfully.

Ours were 180 each and for 6 of us. I hope we are offered to reschedule but with ryan air I cant see it. It seems to be just the spanish festivals that are terrible for communication so there has to be some sort of reason behind it

Lockdown bollocks saga continues

The confusion that the UK government and airlines have outlined these couple days is quite fucking unreal.

We have Matt HanCOCK on one side saying “it’s likely” that summer holidays will be cancelled. 
And then Ryanair have announced that they expect to be running 40% capacity at the start of July (permitting the Chinese man made virus doesn’t spread further).

I can see refunds becoming a ball ache (especially for those who have £££ package holidays). With FIB to cancel, well, whenever their PR get back from the beach and us left chucking more money into this year. 

Are insurance companies going to turn around and say well actually the holiday is fine, your flights are on and the hotel seem open, brilliant.

I genuinely don’t know what they are waiting for? Everyone knows what’s coming, simmer festivals as late as August are being cancelled now so we all know what’s coming. It’s been a massive own goal for them, it comes across as half arsed and lazy. They’ve had a few slip ups already with the constant price changes then waiting 3 months since the first line up announcement to only give us a whopping 9 more acts. I had a stag cancelled for April and we’ve only just started getting somewhere with the refund and that’s after almost 6 weeks of being ignored and constant phone calls and emails so I can’t wait to do than all over again when these divs finally cancel.... on a side note has anyone from hotel orange already cancelled their hotel? Me and my group were thinking of doing it ASAP in case they try to pull any dirty tricks 

1 hour ago, TipToes24 said:

I genuinely don’t know what they are waiting for? Everyone knows what’s coming, simmer festivals as late as August are being cancelled now so we all know what’s coming. It’s been a massive own goal for them, it comes across as half arsed and lazy. They’ve had a few slip ups already with the constant price changes then waiting 3 months since the first line up announcement to only give us a whopping 9 more acts. I had a stag cancelled for April and we’ve only just started getting somewhere with the refund and that’s after almost 6 weeks of being ignored and constant phone calls and emails so I can’t wait to do than all over again when these divs finally cancel.... on a side note has anyone from hotel orange already cancelled their hotel? Me and my group were thinking of doing it ASAP in case they try to pull any dirty tricks 

I’ll be cancelling hotel orange by the end of the week. Crossed my mind as well that they’d try and pull something.

2 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

I genuinely don’t know what they are waiting for? Everyone knows what’s coming, simmer festivals as late as August are being cancelled now so we all know what’s coming. It’s been a massive own goal for them, it comes across as half arsed and lazy. They’ve had a few slip ups already with the constant price changes then waiting 3 months since the first line up announcement to only give us a whopping 9 more acts. I had a stag cancelled for April and we’ve only just started getting somewhere with the refund and that’s after almost 6 weeks of being ignored and constant phone calls and emails so I can’t wait to do than all over again when these divs finally cancel.... on a side note has anyone from hotel orange already cancelled their hotel? Me and my group were thinking of doing it ASAP in case they try to pull any dirty 

I just cancelled through my original booking email. It was easy. I had a free cancellation tho. With the lack of communication from the festival  and ryanair going ahead with flights its unlikely I will bother with going in 2021. And I will be more likely to look for a refund from the festival. 

35 minutes ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

I just cancelled through my original booking email. It was easy. I had a free cancellation tho. With the lack of communication from the festival  and ryanair going ahead with flights its unlikely I will bother with going in 2021. And I will be more likely to look for a refund from the festival. 

Yeah I’ve already had to cancel one booking for this year there as I booked the wrong sized room first time around 😂 but that was quick and easy I’m just hoping they don’t try and dirty moves, as it stands it’s gunna be a massive hit for the area money wise so I hope they won’t try to shaft anyone to claw some money in

The lack of any communication is disappointing. My group is well aware it won't be going ahead and I was thinking about just keeping the ticket till next year but I don't think it really makes any sense to. They've gone from non stop communication (promoting, artists etc) to nothing, not even an update saying they will let us know when they can. If a refund is offered I will be taking it 100% and then assessing the situation next year, who knows what will happen over the next year with this virus and financial situation so for me just not worth the risk to keep money with someone else when it could be in my account.

On 5/12/2020 at 1:30 PM, Jonesy1 said:

Lack of communication has been ridiculous. Nothing on social media since April 7th. I noticed that bars in places like Ibiza and Benidorm have opened back up again.

Surely they won’t try and push forward with this?

My mate has a bar in Oropesa and the local council won’t allow him to open yet 

P1ss poor the lack of communication from the newbies running it. Does not bode well in my opinion regards to their organisational ability for next year.

My group (15 people) have now decided to roll our tickets over to next year, but they hardly deserve it the way they’ve behaved.

That arenal sound announcement is baffling, to think it’s the same company as well. As much as I’d love to fuck them off and get the refund if they offer to roll the tickets I can’t see myself doing that for £65. Only thing I can think of is if they are going to do a creamfields and announce some of next years acts with the cancellation? But going on how things have been this far that’s a massive longshot! 

11 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

That arenal sound announcement is baffling, to think it’s the same company as well. As much as I’d love to fuck them off and get the refund if they offer to roll the tickets I can’t see myself doing that for £65. Only thing I can think of is if they are going to do a creamfields and announce some of next years acts with the cancellation? But going on how things have been this far that’s a massive longshot! 

I dont think anything positive will come from their announcement and that's why they are leaving it on the long finger. They should of said something by now. Anything at all. 

1 hour ago, TipToes24 said:

Crossed my mind that they might be completing this years line up then announcing it’ll be rolling over til next year.

Probably not though.