Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

13 hours ago, Joshuaharvey79 said:

What is everyone’s opinion on the coronavirus panic. Anyone actually recon events like FIB are going to get cancelled?

If the coronavirus is still about in 4 months I think we may have bigger problems than a cancelled festival 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

Some sort of news from them this week would be great to get me back in the spirit of looking forward to it. It's all doom and gloom with festivals getting cancelled and the carona virus 

I haven’t seen any hinting on their social media and that’s usually a sign something is coming....I’ve still got my fingers crossed for something though

On 3/11/2020 at 4:05 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

They were apparently down for the Thursday on the preliminary poster, so presume this could still be true? Or would they need a day travelling between the two places? 

If they were to play the Thursday then as far as the line ups go Thursday would be up there as the best day, compared to the usual Thursdays with lower numbers and usually the “urban” headliner it’s a very different direction they are going in this year! 

1 hour ago, Jonesy1 said:

New guessing game ends 18th, so the announcement will be after that

They’re already asking what acts should be there next year so there must be enough ticket wise for them to be looking a year in advance, anyone on that list is a no go for this year though which is a shitter as I was certain idles would be there

8 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

They’re already asking what acts should be there next year so there must be enough ticket wise for them to be looking a year in advance, anyone on that list is a no go for this year though which is a shitter as I was certain idles would be there

I wouldn't pay any attention to it, they are just looking for followers and we already know we cant trust anything they say. I have had 2 emails in the last few weeks from festiticket saying that the tickets for beni are running very low and get them quick. I've been buying tickets off them 5 years and it's the only festival I've got an email like that for. It makes me think they havent sold many tickets at all and they are giving it a push. 

8 minutes ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

I wouldn't pay any attention to it, they are just looking for followers and we already know we cant trust anything they say. I have had 2 emails in the last few weeks from festiticket saying that the tickets for beni are running very low and get them quick. I've been buying tickets off them 5 years and it's the only festival I've got an email like that for. It makes me think they havent sold many tickets at all and they are giving it a push. 

Screenshot_20200312-213507_Gmail.jpg

25 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Would be very happy with the snuts and inhaler off the list of upcoming bands for this year.

My mate lives in Oropesa which is 9km from Beni and he tells me the coast is on short term “emergency status” because of issues in land they expect the coast to be  busy with people trying to get away . Beaches are closed and only necessary journeys advisable . It’s early yet and this is initially a short term fix but shit is getting real !

15 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

My mate lives in Oropesa which is 9km from Beni and he tells me the coast is on short term “emergency status” because of issues in land they expect the coast to be  busy with people trying to get away . Beaches are closed and only necessary journeys advisable . It’s early yet and this is initially a short term fix but shit is getting real 

The sooner they do it and get things under control the better. I would hope by July we will be good to go

18 minutes ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

The sooner they do it and get things under control the better. I would hope by July we will be good to go

Let’s hope so I have a holiday booked in the South of Spain end of June so fingers crossed 

A few more names have been added to the list of acts people would like to see next year, including the DMAs, Fontaines DC and Lewis capaldi so they’re all stricken off the list, mabel and sea girls are added to the list for this year’s break through acts though  

Edited by TipToes24

3 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

A few more names have been added to the list of acts people would like to see next year, including the DMAs, Fontaines DC and Lewis capaldi so they’re all stricken off the list, mabel and sea girls are added to the list for this year’s break through acts though  

I’ve also just noticed biffy clyro are in there for next year’s section, that rules them out and the other acts mentioned on the all illusive preliminary poster? 

3 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Mate of mine messaged them a few weeks back asking if there’s more to come and they got a reply last night saying very very soon. Probably be this week after the competitions done.

Here’s to hoping, I can’t see us getting anything too big name wise but at least the earlier we get what’s left the more time you get unearthing the hidden gems. But I do agree we’ll get it after the comp closes.