Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

9 hours ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

Is there anything on after the festival 

I always stay the Monday night after the festival and it’s very quiet...and we never feel like going out out on that night as the recovery starts then! But there’s still bars on the beach front if you want to power through 

22 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

My guess is they’ll change it to Sunday after we get this latest bunch of price change posts 

Yeah sounds similar to what they've been doing so far.

Are we still unsure if we're getting any more artists? As someone mentioned earlier the '& more to be announced' has gone from the website

48 minutes ago, latm said:

Are we still unsure if we're getting any more artists? As someone mentioned earlier the '& more to be announced' has gone from the website

They’ve still got “and many more” at the bottom of the lineup on the website. Anyway, we’ve still got the south beach lineup to come.

1 hour ago, latm said:

Sunday we have 15 names while only 9 on saturday. So we will have a lot of anoumcments  and "big" ones too. 

Expect 6 artist per stage, with a minimum of three stages or a maximum of four, plus south beach. 

I

1 hour ago, TipToes24 said:

The benicassim twitter page have faved a tweet from someone asking for biffy to be there. The hype of the preliminary poster is back on 😂😂

They would do anything to sell the tickets 😂. They also retweeted a blog from someone that basically said the line up is not as good as other festivals but the location is great 🙈

15 hours ago, The_Preach said:

I think I figured out when we can expect the new announcement. Until now Sziget has posted a headliner (with clip) every day starting from Monday. Until now 17 Feb Dua, 18 Feb Calvin, 19 Feb KoL

20 Feb Major?, 21 Feb Strokes?, 22 Feb Shawn?, 23 Feb Eminem? 

Would be nice though

I don’t understand how you’ve worked out the benicassim announcement date out from that? 

16 hours ago, The_Preach said:

I think I figured out when we can expect the new announcement. Until now Sziget has posted a headliner (with clip) every day starting from Monday. Until now 17 Feb Dua, 18 Feb Calvin, 19 Feb KoL

20 Feb Major?, 21 Feb Strokes?, 22 Feb Shawn?, 23 Feb Eminem? 

Would be nice though

They posted on Facebook about The Strokes and KoL on 16 Feb...

32 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

I don’t understand how you’ve worked out the benicassim announcement date out from that? 

The leakers on the Sziget thread said that Eminem will announce his whole tour on the same day at the same hour, so maybe he is predicting him for Benicassim too.

Edited by #1SzigetFan

On 11/26/2019 at 12:26 PM, equis said:

Music Republic always sells the tickets with this "inminent increase" method. They will start with 49€ but I'm sure none of us will get this price. In a few minutes they will be at 59, then 69 and in a short time it will be closer to 100-150. The quotas are very small and begin to be large when it is already expensive. Also, Fees are always 10%. 

I've seen the preliminary poster with Liam (th), Biffy (th), Two Door Cinema Club (sat), Sum41 (sat), Bastille(fri) and MGMT(Su) and other spanish names.

Just resurfacing this again seeing as we now have Liam and Two Door confirmed for those exact positions. Hoping that the rest of the names listed are confirmed soon. 

@equis Not sure if you've got any further information on this?

6 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Just resurfacing this again seeing as we now have Liam and Two Door confirmed for those exact positions. Hoping that the rest of the names listed are confirmed soon. 

@equis Not sure if you've got any further information on this?

Only issue might be if any of the bookings fell through. I’m guessing the reason they weren’t on the first lineup was because they weren’t fully confirmed. Hopefully none of them fell through.

I remember in 2017 hinds uploaded something to their instagram story and in the background was a beni poster with RHCP ans the stone roses on (their manager was the benicassim Booker). Obv rhcp turned and roses didn’t. Maybe they just created it to see what it looked like 😂😂

9 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Only issue might be if any of the bookings fell through. I’m guessing the reason they weren’t on the first lineup was because they weren’t fully confirmed. Hopefully none of them fell through.

True! Seems strange to me though that they would even go through the bother of creating a poster with bands they haven't yet had full confirmation from? I'm hoping that the preliminary poster is actually the final poster, and that the big names they are yet to announce are being saved to try and justify any price increase.

4 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

True! Seems strange to me though that they would even go through the bother of creating a poster with bands they haven't yet had full confirmation from? I'm hoping that the preliminary poster is actually the final poster, and that the big names they are yet to announce are being saved to try and justify any price increase.

I’m sure if anyone was actually meant to see it right enough. I’ve got my doubts about MGMT, they’d be a European festival exclusive I think and surely Beni would want that announced early. Still think Biffy are in with a shout though.

17 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

I remember in 2017 hinds uploaded something to their instagram story and in the background was a beni poster with RHCP ans the stone roses on (their manager was the benicassim Booker). Obv rhcp turned and roses didn’t. Maybe they just created it to see what it looked like 😂😂

I think the roses were pencilled in but it fell through, hence the trio of headliners on the Friday. What a lineup that would’ve been if they got the roses as well.

7 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Hopefully we will get something in early March then. And hopefully we get more than 9 names 😭

I think we are going to at least get 2 bigger names for Saturday and one for Friday. If there are other stages surely they are going to have to bulk up the line up. My hope is that with them taking over the festival for the first year they will want to make a name for themselves and hit the ground running.