Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

5 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

Does anyone know if this takeover will bring a whole new team? Or do they just oversee the operation? What I mean is will the bookers from previous years still have their jobs or is it a complete overhaul? I did find one of the bookers in twitter but a drunken tweet of a picture of the crowd size of vetusa morla got me blocked by him. 

It's a whole new team.  The Maraworld office has closed, and so I've been told it's a complete overhaul.  My concern is if they have the contacts, pulling power and €€€'s to bring it back to a standard Benicassim line up.  I guess we'll find out over the next 6-9 months.

9 hours ago, andytommo said:

It's a whole new team.  The Maraworld office has closed, and so I've been told it's a complete overhaul.  My concern is if they have the contacts, pulling power and €€€'s to bring it back to a standard Benicassim line up.  I guess we'll find out over the next 6-9 months.

Yeah I see your concerns 100%, i was harsh on the bookers last year but looking through the years they had the right ideas and knew how to please the crowds but they must have been held back so much last year with the budget and I bet the take over halted spending as their time was up so wouldn’t have been any point in piling the money in! 

Having said that, a whole new team with new ideas could bring in something special! I think the name of FIB could bring in names on its own but it’s not like a massive festival where acts take pay cuts to pay, I just hope they had a plan in place budget wise

Edited by TipToes24

57 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

First tweet since last festival! The list of acts to pick from gave me a little twinge in my pants I’m not going to lie! Some belting DJs in there as well! Hopefully exciting things to come 

Seems like a realistic list as well. Hopefully they actually listen to the responses. That’s me got a bit of the buzz back again.

Wonder if they’re using data/votes from last year, or the new owners have their arse in gear and already scouted with agents that a lot of the provided names are potentially available for next summer.

don't want to say it looks promising yet though, seen it all too often with FIB.

but an interesting list of names anyhow

Rather perculiar that this year they've provided a predetermined list to select from. Would be extremely strange to end up with a headliner which wasn't one of those listed.

Best surprises on the list for me,

The Rapture, Yo La Tengo, Supergrass, Depeche Mode, Phoenix, The Hives and Green Day - Give me 3 of them and ill be happy!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Rather perculiar that this year they've provided a predetermined list to select from. Would be extremely strange to end up with a headliner which wasn't one of those listed.

Best surprises on the list for me,

The Rapture, Yo La Tengo, Supergrass, Depeche Mode, Phoenix, The Hives and Green Day - Give me 3 of them and ill be happy!

Looks to me like they’ve actually done their homework to see who’s potentially available to them next summer and not just thrown together some unrealistic list (like TRNSMT have).

Edited by Jonesy1

3 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

Hopefully we get something next week about dates, prices and maybe even location! I keep flicking through the list they tweeted out with all the acts and I must say it’s well and truly sucked me back in 

List ?

16 minutes ago, gedkelly said:

List ?

THe last tweet they did had like a list of acts and you could pick who you would like to see, obviously took it all with a pinch of salt but some of the mid to smaller tier acts on there could be a real possibility! Just shown some serious intent from them to throw some of the names on there out for people to pick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Just announced billie eilish as well, That was my mates back up festival, thank fuck we waited, no news is still good news ?

There’s a TBA next to Spain but the dates about a week too early for beni.

Anyway, into October on Tuesday, certainly taking their time.

I can’t see why they’d drop the survey if they weren’t planning on going ahead with everything. I feel like last year’s figures can’t have been the best so maybe they’re looking at ways of lowering costs but still trying to produce something special. But I couldn’t agree more with the fact that it wouldn’t take a lot to top last year’s bill ?

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

With no luck in last nights Glastonbury sale, and no current news on Benicassim, i'm feeling seriously downhearted about this upcoming festival season. 

Surely an announcement of the festival date this week? 

I love the way we are in October and you talk about next year's festival season as upcoming!  That's an optimistic viewpoint, and one I share!