Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

4 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Loving your optimism! Even when the dates gets announced (if they do at all) i think im going to have a hard time convincing my group to book flights. 

For me its worth the risk, 100%

Out of interest, have you ever camped / glamped before? Or have you always stayed in Hotel Orange? 

I camped one year, fuck me it’s a shift and a half, if I’m brutally honest I wouldn’t advise it at all. I’ve heard the glamping is much better but the camping was torture for me. Plus we got shafted in a field with 0 shade anywhere! But I’m not too sure how much help any shade would have been though 

37 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

I camped one year, fuck me it’s a shift and a half, if I’m brutally honest I wouldn’t advise it at all. I’ve heard the glamping is much better but the camping was torture for me. Plus we got shafted in a field with 0 shade anywhere! But I’m not too sure how much help any shade would have been though 

haha, i find it strange how there's no middle ground, people either love the campsite and everything that comes with it, or people genuinely despise every minute spent there! 

Ive only ever Glamped so would be unfair for me to comment on the general camping (Or 'peasant camp' as a few of our group refer to it in jest) but i cant help but feel thats one of the attractions of the festival that keeps making us return. We can literally pop back to the tent have a few drinks and be back in the arena in no time. 

Admittedly, we do use another hotels pool during most of the days, dont think we'd be able to just chill at the campsite anymore like we did when we first went. 

Are you planning on returning if the festival is on?

28 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Hotel Orange is ideal for us. Festival is at the end of the road, cheap cider at the hotel bar, huge measures and a few bars and restaurants round about. Can get expensive though if you leave it late in booking.

To be fair ive only ever heard good things about Hotel Orange. 

Think location is key, have heard some horrendous stories of people being stuck in the car parks overnight after giving up on taxis.

18 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

haha, i find it strange how there's no middle ground, people either love the campsite and everything that comes with it, or people genuinely despise every minute spent there! 

Ive only ever Glamped so would be unfair for me to comment on the general camping (Or 'peasant camp' as a few of our group refer to it in jest) but i cant help but feel thats one of the attractions of the festival that keeps making us return. We can literally pop back to the tent have a few drinks and be back in the arena in no time. 

Admittedly, we do use another hotels pool during most of the days, dont think we'd be able to just chill at the campsite anymore like we did when we first went. 

Are you planning on returning if the festival is on?

As a group we said we could keep an eye on things Covid wise, if hotel orange release prices for the dates with free cancellation again then I think we would be silly to not take a gamble and sort flights out nearer the time. But a fair chunk of my group have said they’d rather just stick to UK festivals Incase we have the same nightmarish ordeal with cancellations and refunds like we did this yeAr! I’d 100% make a return to the place at some point. Just with the way things are still going I can only see a few of us taking the gamble 

On 10/17/2020 at 9:10 AM, TipToes24 said:

As a group we said we could keep an eye on things Covid wise, if hotel orange release prices for the dates with free cancellation again then I think we would be silly to not take a gamble and sort flights out nearer the time. But a fair chunk of my group have said they’d rather just stick to UK festivals Incase we have the same nightmarish ordeal with cancellations and refunds like we did this yeAr! I’d 100% make a return to the place at some point. Just with the way things are still going I can only see a few of us taking the gamble 

Yeah thats a good shout. Apart from 2016 we've managed to never pay more than £100 for return flights, usually because we book so early. Like you i think i'll leave any flights to as close as possible or when the likelihood of it going ahead is high. 

Just checked and last year we didn't hear anything till November in regards to tickets and lineup. Hoping thats the stance of the new owners and they'll approach next year the same - Not much longer now then if so!

At the risk of being negative and ruining people’s optimism, can people really see us going from not being allowed in groups of more than 6 in October/November to it being widely acceptable to be stood 35,000 in a car park in Spain? For me I say let the party commence but with the second lockdown mafia about who kick and scream about anything can you see governments caving to this? 

6 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

At the risk of being negative and ruining people’s optimism, can people really see us going from not being allowed in groups of more than 6 in October/November to it being widely acceptable to be stood 35,000 in a car park in Spain? For me I say let the party commence but with the second lockdown mafia about who kick and scream about anything can you see governments caving to this? 

Was reading on the Sziget thread about potential solutions. On site quick testing etc. And I think that’s probably something that Beni would have to look as well in order to get a decent sized crowd.

1 hour ago, Jonesy1 said:

Was reading on the Sziget thread about potential solutions. On site quick testing etc. And I think that’s probably something that Beni would have to look as well in order to get a decent sized crowd.

Theres talk of medical travel passports too. I've started saving for a rainy day last minute panic buy. Just incase we get lucky 

10 hours ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

Theres talk of medical travel passports too. I've started saving for a rainy day last minute panic buy. Just incase we get lucky 

Think I’ll be doing the same for everything I’ve got planned next year. Take the holidays, save up, and make a last minute booking depending on how it’s looking.

3 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Think I’ll be doing the same for everything I’ve got planned next year. Take the holidays, save up, and make a last minute booking depending on how it’s looking.

I opened a group revolut vault with a few friends and we all throw money into it every week. Come next year we can all just book whatever when the time comes. Chances are its gonna cost more for whatever we book because it will have to be done last minute  

On 10/25/2020 at 8:21 PM, TipToes24 said:

If we'd have a proper second lockdown (circuit breaker, fire break, whatever) I think that'd increase our chances of being allowed into Spain by July because clearly our track and trace is shit and not up to the job. If Spain is in a better state by July, I'd worry about their view on letting Brits in if we can't get ourselves sorted. 

I'm all for following the rules and have followed them stringently as possible but I'm pinning my hopes on a vaccine and/or precautions in place for July. 

I've got an optimistic holiday booked for Japan in April next year and from what I've seen, Japan is going to start letting tourists back in that month to trial precautionary measures in time for the Summer Olympics. From the rumours I've seen, that includes getting a test before and after your flight, having insurance that covers you for medical treatment and logging your health status on an app each day. 

If they can roll out rapid testing as a requirement for entry into the festivals, I'd be happy to have that done if it meant to could go ahead although I'd expect the cost of the tickets to go up to cover all the additional measures. I can't see the events industry being quite so accepting to sacrifice another summer for public health. 

• Upvote 1

Before they even contemplate how to overcome any issues associated with Covid for next year, they'll need to come up with a plan to deal with the thousands of refunds they haven't issued. Literally every activity from them on twitter is met instantly with replies stating they're still waiting on returns. 

If they are to announce a date for next years festival across all of their social media pages, they better be ready for the onslaught of negative refund related posts!

How are they going to play it out? No idea. But it's certainly going to be entertaining thats for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

I'm just looking on booking.com. no hotel orange showing for them dates or on the website and most places are looking for pay in advance. 

Hotel orange are always quite late to release dates. Can only hope it’s before they’re officially announced.

Just had a look and last years dates weren't even officially announced until the 18th November, and then the lineup was dropped on the 21st. So, even with COVID, we'd still be ahead of schedule if they announced anything today! 

Ive been sat here convincing myself that we should have had everything by now 😆

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Just had a look and last years dates weren't even officially announced until the 18th November, and then the lineup was dropped on the 21st. So, even with COVID, we'd still be ahead of schedule if they announced anything today! 

Ive been sat here convincing myself that we should have had everything by now 😆

In kind or hoping they increase the ticket prices and make the line up good. Nothing beats the location. It would just top off everything.

5 minutes ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

In kind or hoping they increase the ticket prices and make the line up good. Nothing beats the location. It would just top off everything.

Id happily take last years lineup again for the price! Too many years have been top heavy and you find yourself waiting around for the main act each night. Few decent bands and a relatively big name as a headliner each day and i'm a happy man :)