Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

Circumstances dictated that we could not make this years fest , we have been to the last 10 ! Then Covid hit and no fest ! But I am not even contemplating next year . If it was going to happen something would probably have been posted by now 

• Like 1

The festival brand itself will return in one way or another. Yeah its had a few bad years but its still one of the most popular overseas festivals abroad for Brits (this is an educated guess). 

Im sure the town of Benicassim will do all it can in its power to ensure the festival returns.

At least i hope so anyway...

Just now, TheFullShaboo said:

The festival brand itself will return in one way or another. Yeah its had a few bad years but its still one of the most popular overseas festivals abroad for Brits (this is an educated guess). 

Im sure the town of Benicassim will do all it can in its power to ensure the festival returns.

At least i hope so anyway...

Here’s hoping 

Years not so sure but QOTSA Specials Arcade Fire Slaves Arctics Kasabian The Prod Knife Party ....I could go on mate . I think I would have to have the posters in front of me , they have all melded into one fantastic memory . We have made some special friends in Oropesa and sadly , remarkable and coincidentally should have been there for 10 days as of TODAY ! 

There are dozens of bands I thought I didn’t like and thoroughly enjoyed at the fest , it’s easy when it’s 3am , with friends and pissed .

i will search the posters , I will pick a year and I will enjoy looking 

one of my wife’s favourite stories is that geezer on the  Kebab stall recognises me ! Sad but true !

see you down the front 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

I think it’s game over. Either no festival or a massively scaled down version which is nothing like it was.

game over for good? Ive noticed that the other festival the management company runs - Arenal Sound - has already provided dates for next years festival as well as the first confirmed acts..

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

game over for good? Ive noticed that the other festival the management company runs - Arenal Sound - has already provided dates for next years festival as well as the first confirmed acts..

Potentially, I don’t think it helped that it didn’t go ahead on what would’ve been the launch year for the new company. Do they cut their losses or try and power through?

20 hours ago, KitCat said:

Is anyone else still waiting for a refund? I'm getting pretty fed up trying to get in contact with FIB about this...

Just the one out of our group, he's accepted defeat and stopped messaging them anymore. 

Unfortunately i cant see them responding to anyone on social media, email etc until they make a big announcement - dates for 2021, lineup, ticket sales etc - which, by the way things are looking, doesn't look anytime soon, if at all. 

I presume you bought it through FIB website? I think Festicket have been slightly better in refunds from what ive read...

Raffling tickets for a festival that doesn’t have dates and customers from last year still haven’t received refunds, it’s a ballsy move I must admit. As much as I hope they do go ahead I can’t see the hotel prices being too cheap this year. They’re pricey enough and then to take into account what they’ve already lost. THEN the fact that some might have already gone under leaving the monopoly for those left (that’s just a wild punt I have no Idea if any have). Fingers crossed there isn’t any issues from here on! 

Another major festival that was happening in Benicassim this year - SanSan festival - also hasn’t released its dates for next year. The message on their website states that they’ll release the dates when “the public administrations can confirm the complete safety”. 
Wonder if the reason behind no dates is to do with the local council in Benicassim, and not the festival? 
Would make sense with all the other festivals owned by the owners having their Festivals fully announced for next year.

49 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Surely they’ll aim for the same rough dates as usual? Or do people think they’ll completely change months? 

3rd weekend in July as usual I’d say. Trying to get a booking in for hotel orange just now but they aren’t taking that far in advance yet.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

3rd weekend in July as usual I’d say. Trying to get a booking in for hotel orange just now but they aren’t taking that far in advance yet.

Loving your optimism! Even when the dates gets announced (if they do at all) i think im going to have a hard time convincing my group to book flights. 

For me its worth the risk, 100%

Out of interest, have you ever camped / glamped before? Or have you always stayed in Hotel Orange? 

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Loving your optimism! Even when the dates gets announced (if they do at all) i think im going to have a hard time convincing my group to book flights. 

For me its worth the risk, 100%

Out of interest, have you ever camped / glamped before? Or have you always stayed in Hotel Orange? 

Always get pay at the property and free cancellation with booking . Com so even if it doesn’t happen or the lineup isn’t for us it’s not a big hassle cancelling.

Stayed in Hotel orange the last 3 years and Marina D’or for a few years before that, no experience with the camp site.