Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

On 5/18/2020 at 8:34 PM, TipToes24 said:

Well that’s the refund requested and hotel cancelled. Felt like crying when I was doing it 😂 but there’s bigger problems in the world. Gunna be a bastard next year with hotel prices and ticket prices, think there will have to be some negations with the girlfriend to see if she fancies it next year as she was telling me this was our last year there 🤣 doubt hotel orange will offer free cancellation and we won’t get the rooms that cheap again! Onwards and upwards troops, maybe it’s too soon it start a beni 2021 thread aye 🤪

If anyone had flights booked mine just got cancelled with ryanair from dublin

1 hour ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

If anyone had flights booked mine just got cancelled with ryanair from dublin

Very surprised yours (congrats anyway) has been cancelled this early, just checked Ryanair and they haven’t cancelled mine from Stansted to Valencia... I know they’re trying to rush to get open but hoping I’m in the percentage that gets cancelled lol. 
I’d wait before any of you guys start cancelling hotels from your own accord (or wait till the last day of free cancellation). It’s risky, however if you’re on a single contract ATOL, and if the flights do cancel, you’re entitled to a full refund of the entire package cost. 
I know Ryanair are looking to operate at 40% capacity so good chance a lot of us will fall in the 60% of cancelled flights around July time.

4 minutes ago, Tommy69 said:

Very surprised yours (congrats anyway) has been cancelled this early, just checked Ryanair and they haven’t cancelled mine from Stansted to Valencia... I know they’re trying to rush to get open but hoping I’m in the percentage that gets cancelled lol. 
I’d wait before any of you guys start cancelling hotels from your own accord (or wait till the last day of free cancellation). It’s risky, however if you’re on a single contract ATOL, and if the flights do cancel, you’re entitled to a full refund of the entire package cost. 
I know Ryanair are looking to operate at 40% capacity so good chance a lot of us will fall in the 60% of cancelled flights around July time.

Well I checked the flights yesterday and it said they were sold out going out and coming back. But they were still selling flights for the 15th going out. 

I might of just been lucky and they were cutting the capacity but my friend had her flights from dublin to liverpool cancelled this moring for july too. 

7 hours ago, Tommy69 said:

My flights from East Midlands to Valencia got cancelled yesterday so I’m in the lucky few! 

6 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

When requesting the refunds, did anyone get an email to say you had requested your money back? I haven’t and I don’t know if thats right or wrong. 

No. Thinking about it it’s an absolute disgrace what they’re doing. Keeping the individual transaction fees from each ticket (which is 3 tickets in my case), setting a deadline to when you can’t claim your money back and the risk of losing absolutely everything if you forget to fill the form out. The fact that they aren’t even asking for bank details on the online form proves that the process could have been automated. 

I genuinely think they’ll make a hefty amount from their intentionally ambiguous process. 

19 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

No. Thinking about it it’s an absolute disgrace what they’re doing. Keeping the individual transaction fees from each ticket (which is 3 tickets in my case), setting a deadline to when you can’t claim your money back and the risk of losing absolutely everything if you forget to fill the form out. The fact that they aren’t even asking for bank details on the online form proves that the process could have been automated. 

I genuinely think they’ll make a hefty amount from their intentionally ambiguous process. 

Would that money not already be gone to the ticket agents ?

22 minutes ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

Would that money not already be gone to the ticket agents ?

Yeah probably... I wouldn’t be surprised though if they make a slight cut out of that as well. To be honest I have no idea how the booking fees / additional costs work, just feeling slightly frustrated today about the whole process and needed to vent! They’ve literally been non-existent on social media and can’t see them changing that until after the deadline. There’s loads of messages towards them on twitter that are going unanswered. 

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I know I’ve done it, but I keep wondering if I should just do it again to see if any sort of confirmation comes through. Id just like something as proof I have tried because I can see them trying to claim loads of people haven’t tried...with no proof we have no chance. 

10 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

I know I’ve done it, but I keep wondering if I should just do it again to see if any sort of confirmation comes through. Id just like something as proof I have tried because I can see them trying to claim loads of people haven’t tried...with no proof we have no chance. 

Same. A few of us have interpreted it in different ways, in particular the date of purchase. Not sure whether it’s best just to submit it again like you said as I can’t see them acknowledging whether or not it’s correct? 

At least we have this forum to keep one another posted on whether we hear anything. As soon as the moneys back in we can get the 2021 thread started!

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Same. A few of us have interpreted it in different ways, in particular the date of purchase. Not sure whether it’s best just to submit it again like you said as I can’t see them acknowledging whether or not it’s correct? 

At least we have this forum to keep one another posted on whether we hear anything. As soon as the moneys back in we can get the 2021 thread started!

It looks like they’re using a google doc format for their refunds, I don’t think they’re using a platform where you’d normally get an email confirmation haha

6 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

When are people expecting to hear back about the refunds? I’m honestly expecting it to get to the cut off date and be told I didn’t apply correctly or at all 😂 I’ve got absolutely no faith that I’ll see my money back 

I'm not expecting to get anything back through festicket. People are waiting for refunds since March and they are not getting any replys from them. If you bought them through the website I'd say it will be ok. 

On 5/21/2020 at 5:57 PM, TipToes24 said:

When requesting the refunds, did anyone get an email to say you had requested your money back? I haven’t and I don’t know if thats right or wrong. 

Hey mate. I got an email from them thanking me for filling out the refund form and that i would get the money back within 30 days. Has no one else had that? I bought my tickets from the official website and not festicket. 

Edited by Amsy

3 hours ago, Amsy said:

Hey mate. I got an email from them thanking me for filling out the refund form and that i would get the money back within 30 days. Has no one else had that? I bought my tickets from the official website and not festicket. 

I got the email aswell.

it documents what you filled in on the form  and as above I will be refunded within 30 days 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Amsy said:

Cheers for the heads up, just reapplied and got the emails through, unsure why they didn’t last time but might have been an error on my side or they were just swarmed with people filling it out. I feel much better now I’ve got proof of applying 

21 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Cheers for the heads up, just reapplied and got the emails through, unsure why they didn’t last time but might have been an error on my side or they were just swarmed with people filling it out. I feel much better now I’ve got proof of applying 

nice one mate. My flights with Ryanair were cancelled and I applied for a refund a week ago but they haven't sent me a confirmation. Has anyone else heard anything from their airlines about refunds?!  I'm worried that Ryanair will pull a fast one lol

6 minutes ago, Amsy said:

nice one mate. My flights with Ryanair were cancelled and I applied for a refund a week ago but they haven't sent me a confirmation. Has anyone else heard anything from their airlines about refunds?!  I'm worried that Ryanair will pull a fast one lol

Honestly mate be prepared to wait a while for any refund to happen. People who had their flights cancelled backdating from March are still waiting for their money back. I had my Ryanair flight cancelled for early June (for EJEKT in Athens) and submitted an application for a full refund a few weeks back.
Got an email from them for a voucher. Email basically said you can accept the voucher or click the link to get a refund...

But the link takes me to their “Contact us” page on their website??? 

Ryanair are obviously trying to make it impossible to get a refund. Best thing to do would be to get into the live chat and ask them if your booking is in the refund process. Take screenshots of everything etc as they’ll no doubt change regulations. 

If you’ve paid for anything with a credit card you’re protected under Section 75 and you can request a chargeback claim with your associated bank. Debit cards are a bit tricky and claims can only be made for amounts below £100.

I know for some people money is tight with the virus but I’ve been looking at it like everything is a loss and any money gained back is an absolute fucking win. 

Happy 2020

8B09E2D6-3F69-4446-8CE9-39096C9FD2C8.png

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Amsy said:

There was a time frame of 6 months put out for refunds for flights so I contacted them today and requested a voucher instead. I cant be arsed waiting that long and as soon as I get the chance il be on a plane. Dont care where to. 

32 minutes ago, Tommy69 said:

Honestly mate be prepared to wait a while for any refund to happen. People who had their flights cancelled backdating from March are still waiting for their money back. I had my Ryanair flight cancelled for early June (for EJEKT in Athens) and submitted an application for a full refund a few weeks back.
Got an email from them for a voucher. Email basically said you can accept the voucher or click the link to get a refund...

But the link takes me to their “Contact us” page on their website??? 

Ryanair are obviously trying to make it impossible to get a refund. Best thing to do would be to get into the live chat and ask them if your booking is in the refund process. Take screenshots of everything etc as they’ll no doubt change regulations. 

If you’ve paid for anything with a credit card you’re protected under Section 75 and you can request a chargeback claim with your associated bank. Debit cards are a bit tricky and claims can only be made for amounts below £100.

I know for some people money is tight with the virus but I’ve been looking at it like everything is a loss and any money gained back is an absolute fucking win. 

Happy 2020

8B09E2D6-3F69-4446-8CE9-39096C9FD2C8.png

Cheers for taking the time to provide me with all that useful information mate. I really appreciate it. I had other festival flights for primavera sound booked through Ryanair too so I will live chat them in the morning and try to get it sorted! Hope you are keeping well despite everything going on at the moment! 

Edited by Amsy
Typo
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

There was a time frame of 6 months put out for refunds for flights so I contacted them today and requested a voucher instead. I cant be arsed waiting that long and as soon as I get the chance il be on a plane. Dont care where to. 

Yeah i don't blame you. I can't wait to get back on plane myself - just hope it's going to be fib 2021! 😊