Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:29 PM, gedkelly said:

My mate has a bar in Oropesa and the local council won’t allow him to open yet 

Yer spoke with a friend with a bar in Beni today..she’s says there’s no way the festival will go ahead and Beni itself will probably not be fully open this summer.

50 minutes ago, shaun64 said:

Yer spoke with a friend with a bar in Beni today..she’s says there’s no way the festival will go ahead and Beni itself will probably not be fully open this summer.

If bar owners know this then what are messing about at 😂 it’s mind blowing! 

20 hours ago, shaun64 said:

How you doing fella ? Hope you keeping well 

On 5/15/2020 at 3:54 PM, gedkelly said:

How you doing fella ? Hope you keeping well 

All good pal and you and yours?

gutted my run at Beni is coming to a end! But hey ho there’s worse things to think of! Like my team not getting promoted!!🤣🤣

8 minutes ago, Furg said:

What’s this saying? It’s in Spanish as far as I can see, presuming it’s saying the festival cancelled but what specifics?

Its cancelled due to the ongoing situation, those with tickets will be able to claim a refund on their purchases via FIB website, or Festicket if bought through them.

Does mention that they had managed to sell 37,000 tickets, which as far as i can remember is already better than 2019?

Nothing yet on next years date though or anything about rolling over tickets though...

Edit: FIB website has now been updated with a statement in both Spanish and English 

Edited by TheFullShaboo

Hello Fibers, with all the regret of our heart we regret to announce the cancellation of #FIB2020 due to the global emergency situation we are experiencing. The first thing for
We are always your health, as well as the well-being of all artists and fibers from around the world who travel to Benicàssim.
We appreciate your loving positive and supportive comments. It's being a complicated moment inside and out of the country, and it's more necessary than ever for music to keep playing.
Very soon we will see each other again, to feel the sand of our Coast of Azahar on the feet, the Mediterranean breeze on the face and hugs of our friends when crossing the entrance of the
festival seconds before taking a photo about that image of FIB that year after year awaits us impatient to welcome us and head to the mythical scenario of "Las Palmas". There are traditions that should not be missed and ours will always continue to beating in our spirit blue as the sea. I love you so much

You can now request the refund of your ticket and products purchased at www.fiberfib.com, filling out the form you will find on the web.
The form will remain open until July 15, 2020. Money return will be made within a maximum of 30 days after you complete this form.
If you have purchased your ticket through Festicket, you can contact them at: https://support.festicket.com/hc/es

Benicàssim's neighbors who purchased their fertilizer physically will be able to request refund in person on June 2, 10 pm to 19 pm at the Municipal Sportivo. You'll need to bring some documents that we detailed you at www.fiberfib.com.

Long live Benicàssim!
Long live FIB!

5 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Thought they would’ve tried to carry tickets over. I’ve got a feeling this might be the end for the festival.

Really strange one, no mention of rolling them over but their Facebook and slogans are now: Fib will strike back. 
They haven’t included any acts in this over due message so guessing they haven’t been able to secure any notable acts?

Can see people giving up with the festival, disastrous lineup for 2019, cancelled 2020 and with long, awaited announcements and the constant question mark about us being able to keep our tickets next year.. distances myself from putting in the effort to get people to go. 

Being told to Request a refund doesn’t fill me with hope! With no mention of carrying the tickets over I get the feeling refunds could be a pain in the arse and they’ll end up pocketing a fair bit. I don’t think we’ll be hearing from their social media’s for a while now. I also think next year’s prices will be a lot higher from the start

Edited by TipToes24

Yeah, no option of rolling over the tickets for next year only refunds, meaning that anyone who doesn't fill out their online refund form by the 15th July will just lose their money. 

Their rather ambiguous post is complete shithousery from them. I can imagine a few people will forget to fill out the form before then and will lose out completely. 

1 hour ago, Tommy69 said:

Really strange one, no mention of rolling them over but their Facebook and slogans are now: Fib will strike back. 
They haven’t included any acts in this over due message so guessing they haven’t been able to secure any notable acts?

Can see people giving up with the festival, disastrous lineup for 2019, cancelled 2020 and with long, awaited announcements and the constant question mark about us being able to keep our tickets next year.. distances myself from putting in the effort to get people to go. 

They’ve had a nightmare the last few years. Admittedly it is out of their control this year. I think we’ll either not see them again, or to make back the money they’ve lost it’ll be up to 150 odd quid a ticket next year.

Shame.

Well that’s the refund requested and hotel cancelled. Felt like crying when I was doing it 😂 but there’s bigger problems in the world. Gunna be a bastard next year with hotel prices and ticket prices, think there will have to be some negations with the girlfriend to see if she fancies it next year as she was telling me this was our last year there 🤣 doubt hotel orange will offer free cancellation and we won’t get the rooms that cheap again! Onwards and upwards troops, maybe it’s too soon it start a beni 2021 thread aye 🤪

4 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Notice quite a few people on Facebook not happy about the €5.50 management fee not getting returned. Just over 200k if they’ve sold 37k tickets.

Add to that those who didn’t realise they had to fill out a form, those who forget and those who just couldn’t be arsed to fill it out. Can see them making a fair bit of money out of their ambiguity. 

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Add to that those who didn’t realise they had to fill out a form, those who forget and those who just couldn’t be arsed to fill it out. Can see them making a fair bit of money out of their ambiguity. 

Compared to BKS count yourselves lucky 😝