Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

Apart from Primavera postponing till August, have their been any festivals in Spain that have outright cancelled so far? 

Just reading about Spain’s four phase plan to reopen the country. It mentions restaurants and hotels expected to be opened (albeit on a limited basis) before mid June and the beaches just after. 

3 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Apart from Primavera postponing till August, have their been any festivals in Spain that have outright cancelled so far? 

Just reading about Spain’s four phase plan to reopen the country. It mentions restaurants and hotels expected to be opened (albeit on a limited basis) before mid June and the beaches just after. 

Well mad cool tweeted on the 17th of this month as Taylor swift has cancelled all her European shows and they confirmed they’re still doing all they can for the festival to go ahead, even though there’s not a lot they can do. But the radio silence from benicassim says it all for me. Plus with the movement of dates that means trying to get old flights refunded and new ones booked, also, hotels will have plenty of notice to spike prices this time around so there’s that increase as well, even if t is rearranged I can’t see many Brits making the trip with all the hassle and cost it could bring, for some losing the £65 would be a better option 

8 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

Well mad cool tweeted on the 17th of this month as Taylor swift has cancelled all her European shows and they confirmed they’re still doing all they can for the festival to go ahead, even though there’s not a lot they can do. But the radio silence from benicassim says it all for me. Plus with the movement of dates that means trying to get old flights refunded and new ones booked, also, hotels will have plenty of notice to spike prices this time around so there’s that increase as well, even if t is rearranged I can’t see many Brits making the trip with all the hassle and cost it could bring, for some losing the £65 would be a better option 

After a quick rally round my group I was surprised to see that all bar 1 (out of 15) would be willing to buy new flights if the festival was rearranged till September onwards. Most of us already have flights but would be willing to lose out on them if it meant having something to look forward to at the end of what appears to be a either dull summer. 

obviously if the festival announced tomorrow it was rearranging we wouldn’t all dive in, but it seems we would all aim towards it and assess the situation week by week ready to buy if the likelihood of it going ahead changed. 

5 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

After a quick rally round my group I was surprised to see that all bar 1 (out of 15) would be willing to buy new flights if the festival was rearranged till September onwards. Most of us already have flights but would be willing to lose out on them if it meant having something to look forward to at the end of what appears to be a either dull summer. 

obviously if the festival announced tomorrow it was rearranging we wouldn’t all dive in, but it seems we would all aim towards it and assess the situation week by week ready to buy if the likelihood of it going ahead changed. 

Don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble but there is an absolute 0% chance of this festival being rescheduled for this year. 
It’d be much more worthwhile to have it for next year, rearrange flights for that time so it’s at least more guaranteed. 

6 hours ago, Tommy69 said:

Don’t want to burst anyone’s bubble but there is an absolute 0% chance of this festival being rescheduled for this year. 
It’d be much more worthwhile to have it for next year, rearrange flights for that time so it’s at least more guaranteed. 

If possible then wouldn’t the financial loss be minimised if they managed to squeeze in something in September? 

im not saying I’m confident this is what will happen, but they certainly wouldn’t be the first festival to try and postpone it for later this summer than a whole year away.

The good thing about beni is that the purpose built site can be assembled in a matter of days, so any decision can be held off until the last minute. 

• Upvote 1

https://www.diariojaen.es/canal/turismo/festivales-y-conciertos-a-la-espera-de-medidas-especificas-que-no-incluye-el-plan-de-desescalada-CH7081004

Seems like the 5th May is when we'll get our definitive answer. 

Spain wants to return to the "new normal" by the end of June. Seeing as how that's concerts with max capacity of 800 (seating only), I can't see two weeks later them allowing a festival of 10,000s. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

If possible then wouldn’t the financial loss be minimised if they managed to squeeze in something in September? 

im not saying I’m confident this is what will happen, but they certainly wouldn’t be the first festival to try and postpone it for later this summer than a whole year away.

The good thing about beni is that the purpose built site can be assembled in a matter of days, so any decision can be held off until the last minute. 

You’re right, having another event towards the end of the year would generate income, but wouldn’t be driven by internationals. It’s mentally easier to believe this is going ahead rather than cancelling indefinitely. 
The purpose built site is obviously ideal as cost is low for setup and time is much shorter than conventional stage building. Good for certain last minute decisions, not for a global pandemic. 

It would be a miracle that even pubs and clubs open for this year. Generic clubs probably have a max capacity of 1000-2000 where I am. Governments will not let 10,000’s + of all ages gather for a concert. Let alone let people camp when it’s going to be unhygienic.

My thinking is that the government need to get this under control first time round, and whether we’re on lockdown for a couple more weeks or the rest of the year is neither here or there. Let’s look forward to next year where we can enjoy it with no panic. :) 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Tommy69 said:

You’re right, having another event towards the end of the year would generate income, but wouldn’t be driven by internationals. It’s mentally easier to believe this is going ahead rather than cancelling indefinitely. 
The purpose built site is obviously ideal as cost is low for setup and time is much shorter than conventional stage building. Good for certain last minute decisions, not for a global pandemic. 

It would be a miracle that even pubs and clubs open for this year. Generic clubs probably have a max capacity of 1000-2000 where I am. Governments will not let 10,000’s + of all ages gather for a concert. Let alone let people camp when it’s going to be unhygienic.

My thinking is that the government need to get this under control first time round, and whether we’re on lockdown for a couple more weeks or the rest of the year is neither here or there. Let’s look forward to next year where we can enjoy it with no panic. :) 

Yeah I think I’m just finding it hard to come to terms with a festival-less summer. I had 5 booked by February and so far 2 have cancelled, so have been clinging on to whatever hope there was for the final 3. But as you’ve succinctly put, this year is a complete write off. 

Gutted, but as you’ve mentioned, let’s look forward to next year which by all accounts should be an absolute belter! 

27 minutes ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

I'm still paying an instalment plan with festicket for 3 tickets. The last one is due the end of may. I wonder will they cancel it before they have all the money in

I think you’re on to something here, even though they can’t stay quiet for that long surely? 

1 hour ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

I'm still paying an instalment plan with festicket for 3 tickets. The last one is due the end of may. I wonder will they cancel it before they have all the money in

Contact your bank and tell them to stop the continuous payment authority (CPA) so that they cant take the last payment in May. At least you’ll claw that back if they start pissing about with refunds as suspected.

Edited by ipr44

1 hour ago, ipr44 said:

Contact your bank and tell them to stop the continuous payment authority (CPA) so that they cant take the last payment in May. At least you’ll claw that back if they start pissing about with refunds as suspected.

If I do that il get nothing at all back. I wouldn't mind if it was 1 ticket but it was 3 and I got stung by festi ticket on the first day they came out and ended up paying other 100 each for them. 

I know no it’s disappointing for everyone involved but it should of been cancelled weeks ago!! Let people get their heads around it, no need for anymore uncertainty in these weird times. They should put their customers and staffs safety first and stop money grabbing. 

2 hours ago, Chippdiddy said:

I know no it’s disappointing for everyone involved but it should of been cancelled weeks ago!! Let people get their heads around it, no need for anymore uncertainty in these weird times. They should put their customers and staffs safety first and stop money grabbing. 

It’ll have something to do with insurance. They probably can’t afford to cancel off their own back without an official government forced closure. But yeah, even if they just released a statement highlighting this then it would make me feel slightly more reassured in their handling of the situation than their current silence. 

When the inevitable happens I’m 100% going to be carrying my ticket over, so it’s not as if I’m being impatient due to wanting my money back. New owners or not, this festival has been the mainstay of my groups summer for the last 9 years, and anything I can do to sustain its future sits well with me. 

12 hours ago, Chippdiddy said:

I honestly don’t think we’ll have anything cancelled until all the money is in, so when ever the payment plans are up they’ll pull the plug. It’s just about taking the positives, at least I won’t run the risk of accidentally seeing aitch or lil pump this summer....plus beni 2021 (if there is one) will bring a whole new line up.

12 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

It’ll have something to do with insurance. They probably can’t afford to cancel off their own back without an official government forced closure. But yeah, even if they just released a statement highlighting this then it would make me feel slightly more reassured in their handling of the situation than their current silence. 

When the inevitable happens I’m 100% going to be carrying my ticket over, so it’s not as if I’m being impatient due to wanting my money back. New owners or not, this festival has been the mainstay of my groups summer for the last 9 years, and anything I can do to sustain its future sits well with me. 

Arent we so lucky the tickets were for nothing. Anything I booked this year I will be carrying over. Next year needs to be great 🥂

9 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

I see TRNSMT have just rolled over this years line up to 2021, I’d be more than happy if beni did the same....minus lil pump and aitch 

I think that will be our best option. I couldn't be arsed chasing after refunds. I just hope our flights get cancelled so I can reschedule them for next year. 

Has anyone seen the post from nos alive stating that there will be only vouchers given for the cancelled event and that it was a government decision. Something is telling me the Spanish festivals are working with the government to come up with the same thing. Here is a post from mad cool. 

Screenshot_20200508-212521_Facebook.jpg

13 hours ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

Has anyone seen the post from nos alive stating that there will be only vouchers given for the cancelled event and that it was a government decision. Something is telling me the Spanish festivals are working with the government to come up with the same thing. Here is a post from mad cool. 

Screenshot_20200508-212521_Facebook.jpg

I think rolling the tickets over is the only option they will give people. I don’t know what they stand to lose but they'll try and claw every penny they can! It’s the effect of next year’s line up/budget that worries me. I hope they do a TRNSMT and just announce the same line up but if it’s a new line up from scratch I hope they’ll have the funds to pull something out the bag like this years

1 hour ago, TipToes24 said:

I think rolling the tickets over is the only option they will give people. I don’t know what they stand to lose but they'll try and claw every penny they can! It’s the effect of next year’s line up/budget that worries me. I hope they do a TRNSMT and just announce the same line up but if it’s a new line up from scratch I hope they’ll have the funds to pull something out the bag like this years

I dont mind either way but I'm thinking that's what the hold up is on the cancellation. If they have paid deposits to artists I think it's only fair that they hold up their end of the bargain and do the following year