Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

7 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Has he heard anything specific about the likelihood of the festival going ahead? 

He’s heard that it “probably” won’t happen this year . Again it’s not official just gossip in the business community in the area 

16 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

Lollapalooza Paris has been cancelled, the same weekend as benicassim and shared a few acts 

Add to this the fact there’s been no Instagram posts in 4 days and that’s where they’re most active, maybe it’s time to brace for impact 😅

On 4/10/2020 at 6:55 PM, gedkelly said:

He’s heard that it “probably” won’t happen this year . Again it’s not official just gossip in the business community in the area 

Anything gossip on whether they’d postpone it to later on in the year? 9th year in a row for us lot and worried that if this year doesn’t go ahead many of us will probably look elsewhere for next year ☹️

4 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Anything gossip on whether they’d postpone it to later on in the year? 9th year in a row for us lot and worried that if this year doesn’t go ahead many of us will probably look elsewhere for next year ☹️

Would have been our 11th ! But had made other plans after last years clusterfuck !

If it is called off will there be a benicassim in 2021? I mean it’s been well documented that’s its struggled in previous years, the new promoters would have piled in a pretty penny for this year with it only to be cancelled..would it be the final straw? 

On 4/12/2020 at 6:06 PM, TipToes24 said:

10 years in the bounce is some going! Out of interest was last year’s the worst...well least enjoyable out of your 10 trips? 

We still had a fantastic time but it was a shadow of its former self , upset the Mrs when we went in on the Thursday and the main arena was roped off ! We still enjoyed it , we had some friends with us  on their first visit and they loved it ! And hopefully we will get the opportunity to go again , maybe next year for my 60th bday . Seen some great bands and had the best of times discovering new ones 

• Upvote 1

On 4/13/2020 at 11:24 PM, gedkelly said:

We still had a fantastic time but it was a shadow of its former self , upset the Mrs when we went in on the Thursday and the main arena was roped off ! We still enjoyed it , we had some friends with us  on their first visit and they loved it ! And hopefully we will get the opportunity to go again , maybe next year for my 60th bday . Seen some great bands and had the best of times discovering new ones 

I've come to terms with the fact that I not going now but the thing that is bothering me is wondering who else was on the line up 😂

On 4/19/2020 at 4:37 PM, Sarahwalsh24 said:

I've come to terms with the fact that I not going now but the thing that is bothering me is wondering who else was on the line up 😂

I’ve decided that in my own head I’m going to pretend the rest off the line up was shit and I’m also desperately trying to convince myself that I wasn’t even excited anyway 😂 they replied to me on insta in March saying more acts in April and I can’t see that happening now so it’s all about kidding ourselves now 🤪

14 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

I’ve decided that in my own head I’m going to pretend the rest off the line up was shit and I’m also desperately trying to convince myself that I wasn’t even excited anyway 😂 they replied to me on insta in March saying more acts in April and I can’t see that happening now so it’s all about kidding ourselves now 🤪

Theres a thread on the Madcool site regarding waiting for the government to cancel it then the festival is not responsible for the return of all monies paid , excuse the spelling but force majore comes into place ( I feel I should have checked the spelling ) 

25 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Out of curiosity, is anyone who’s already bought flights still planning on flying out to Spain for the duration of the festival, providing flights are allowed to go ahead? 

We are 15 lads booked onto the festival for a stag do (dont worry we are far from raucous!) but this may be our plan B.

The festival has to be off, it has to be.

The waiting for the force majeure stands to reason - it’s 12 weeks until the event, radio silence for any longer is unacceptable.

We are flying to Barca so if Spain is open for tourists (big if) I guess we’ll likely use our flights and make the best of it down the Costa Brava (Lloret De Mar...yippee!!)

The smart money says that travelling to Spain in a tourist capacity within the next 12 weeks is nigh on impossible.

31 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Out of curiosity, is anyone who’s already bought flights still planning on flying out to Spain for the duration of the festival, providing flights are allowed to go ahead? 

Theres 6 of us thinking of still going. Were flying into Valencia thinking of booking something there instead as I think beni will be really quiet. 

47 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

We’ve got flights but only cost 50 quid so we’re not too bothered about losing it.

33 minutes ago, Tommy69 said:

Are you guys leaving it to the last minute to cancel it freely or try and reschedule it? 
Would be decent if the festival can hurry up to give us guys time to rebook lol 

I'm just waiting to see what's happening with flights. We booked with ryan air and if they cancel the flights we will get a voucher and rebook for the next year. Hope for the best after that. If the flights not cancelled then we will probably look into using them. 

Y not festival has just been pulled, even though the final nail has been in the coffin for a week or two now that’s my last 0.5% of optimism I had left Gone. We can get refunds on our flights so I’ll claim that and get rid of the hotel. It is a kick in the balls but there’s bigger problems in the world. 

Out of interest does anyone think they’ll roll then tickets over for next year? Or is that the tickets/money just gone? For £65 I’m not too bothered but it just seems like a PR disaster for them to just offer nothing in their first year of running it 

I wont be rolling over or letting any money go if they somehow loophole out of refunds.

I stupidly booked through Festicket at the time but it looks like it could be a blessing in disguise as they may still be obligated to provide a refund if Fiber are not - mention of a small claims court usually does the trick.

Lastly i’ll just dispute the transaction with my bank as ‘service/product undelivered’ and see if they stump it up.

As you say, would leave a bitter taste in the mouth if they dont offer refunds regards to next year.

I believe the festival will aim to retain as many tickets as possible through rolling them over. Will make it difficult to get a refund and wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a clause at the time of purchase, although at 50-60 euros per head isn’t a major loss. 

36 minutes ago, ipr44 said:

One mans penny is another mans pound I suppose.

We’ve got over €1000 wrapped up in tickets and 50% of our party probably moved mountains to make it this year.

It’s an absolute loss for everyone and I hope we can all get our money back one way or another. Despite the lineup and sun, it is a deadly disease and our health needs to be come first, money second. 
It has, however, arrived at the point where it’s completely unacceptable that the festival delay the cancellation any longer, baring in mind Spain now have more than 20K deaths. 

Regardless of where UK is at in all of this, we’ve already cancelled Glastonbury and a couple of other notable festivals well ahead of time. With a vaccination still miles away I can’t see anything going ahead this year. Next year is a complete mystery and I can’t see anyone booking something for 2021 having just spunked xyz on this year.

• Upvote 1