Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

2 hours ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

April is very late if they are expecting people to buy tickets based on the line up. Hopefully festi ticket are right and the tickets are running low. 

I think the current situation hasn’t helped, without all this virus stuff and recent panic I think we would all have been in for news this week after the latest comp closed but maybe they’re just playing things a little cautious now just in case 

2 hours ago, Joshuaharvey79 said:

I feel like all the virus stuff must have surely also had an impact on their ticket sales. 

100% they won’t be selling any now no matter what they try, especially for international travellers. Losing£65 isn’t ideal but it could be a lot worse, but for us going the UK and Ireland it’s flights and hotels you miss out on as well. I can’t see them shifting any more due to the uncertainty 

3 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

100% they won’t be selling any now no matter what they try, especially for international travellers. Losing£65 isn’t ideal but it could be a lot worse, but for us going the UK and Ireland it’s flights and hotels you miss out on as well. I can’t see them shifting any more due to the uncertainty 

Think pretty much every festival will be the same now. Might be a chance for anyone that hasn’t booked flights/hotels to take a gamble at cheaper prices.

1 hour ago, Jonesy1 said:

Think pretty much every festival will be the same now. Might be a chance for anyone that hasn’t booked flights/hotels to take a gamble at cheaper prices.

I was curious after reading this and checked booking.com. for our hotel (orange hotel) all the room options have changed to non refundable. What a stupid more like who in their right mind will book that now.v

1 hour ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

I was curious after reading this and checked booking.com. for our hotel (orange hotel) all the room options have changed to non refundable. What a stupid more like who in their right mind will book that now.v

Seems a bit daft. We’re booked in there as well but managed to get free cancellation thankfully.

With glasto down is any one still holding out hope? My insurance messaged today and said I can get refunds on the flights if they’re cancelled and the £65 loss on a ticket isn’t too bad when you take in to account what I could have lost. If they do cancel wonder what it means for the 2021 line up? Also, what it means for the area of benicassim economy wise. 

12 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

With glasto down is any one still holding out hope? My insurance messaged today and said I can get refunds on the flights if they’re cancelled and the £65 loss on a ticket isn’t too bad when you take in to account what I could have lost. If they do cancel wonder what it means for the 2021 line up? Also, what it means for the area of benicassim economy wise. 

I'm going to change my flights to go somewhere else when its safe to do so. I'm gonna need a break after all this shite. I bought my tickets though festi ticket. I'd be happy to take a voucher off them rather than a refund. 

Bare in mind Glastonbury is a much bigger operation that most other festivals, especially Benicassim. Beni could literally prepare itself in less than a week whereas Glastonbury build takes up to 3 months. 

The biggest issue will be the acts, if a large wave of festivals do start cancelling you'd imagine that a lot of artists would start pulling their touring schedule as it may not be as profitable for them to be travelling, especially those from US. 

Im still very much of the mind Beni will take place, mind you, as Spain does seem to be way ahead in terms of the virus than other place.

Heres hoping anyway 

58 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

The biggest issue will be the acts, if a large wave of festivals do start cancelling you'd imagine that a lot of artists would start pulling their touring schedule

I suspect this factor has been a major part of it for Glastonbury. The bands don't even need to pull - there's no flights, and the EU has closed it's borders to non-nationals anyway.

It maybe all over by July but the knock effects will be massive. Acts will need to rearrange their Tours. I can see lots of acts cancelling that have European Tours as they may not want to just come for one or two festivals. There will be loads off counties that will still have restrictions and people will not want to travel. People will not be wanting to book flights; will the companies still be going will hotels be open in business.

I was positive about it until they cancelled Glasto that’s only 5 weeks before.

Edited by Davidoff

Spoke to my friend in Murcia who owns a bar, he says they’re in complete lock down, he’s had to shut the bar completely and lay off all his staff, he’s been all but confined to his house for 6 days and as a business owner he’s been told by authorities it could last up till the end of April start of may, so they’re acting fast and hard in order to get the summer up and running. I don’t know if it will have any effect on the festival or any festival in Spain but going off what he’s saying they seem 100% focused on being ready for the summer....but the virus doesn’t care about economics or events so it’s just a case of how long it wants to hang about for.

he also said the rate in Alicante seems to have slowed right down but he’s hearing rumours that Valencia is struggling massively, which is where a lot of people fly in to.

Edited by TipToes24

On 3/18/2020 at 1:11 PM, TheFullShaboo said:

Bare in mind Glastonbury is a much bigger operation that most other festivals, especially Benicassim. Beni could literally prepare itself in less than a week whereas Glastonbury build takes up to 3 months. 

The biggest issue will be the acts, if a large wave of festivals do start cancelling you'd imagine that a lot of artists would start pulling their touring schedule as it may not be as profitable for them to be travelling, especially those from US. 

Im still very much of the mind Beni will take place, mind you, as Spain does seem to be way ahead in terms of the virus 

This will be me with Armin van Buren on spotify if this festival doesnt go ahead 

Screenshot_20200319-201351_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

At the moment, a lot of international goers are concerned about the amount of money that they’ve committed and the grey area surrounding insurance. Us and I’m sure all of you have spent around £1000 on accommodation + flights (not inc money when we get there) for a festival that might not go ahead. If the festival is to be cancelled, they should do it well ahead of time. Just to allow people to make rearrangements and claw back whatever money they put in. 
Airlines have also suffered massively and if the festival is to go ahead, there’s uncertainty whether or not you can even fly out there (not an issue for the locals).

Obviously gutting as we went the year before and the lineup was horrific. This year is looking good so far and with more announcements to follow suit you can’t really go wrong.
The festival won’t have the facilities to accommodate any coronavirus issues, and if cases pop up in hotels then it’s lock down for everyone.

My only hope is that the virus dies down when summer starts and everything goes ahead as planned. But would like to think the festival would cancel now to allow everyone rebook/refund. 

3 hours ago, abcdeffion said:

With the Olympics now postponed, I’m not holding out a lot of hope for Beni to go ahead...

Olympics never had a chance imo. Beni’s a bit different, not sure how long they can leave it before making a decision. Beginning of June latest?

5 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Olympics never had a chance imo. Beni’s a bit different, not sure how long they can leave it before making a decision. Beginning of June latest?

They’ll take it to the wire I think. I’ve said to my group they’ll leave it till mid June before they decide. Only problem will be if people travel or not, I know a few people we meet every year who have tickets but no flights or tickets, flights but no hotel. They obviously aren’t looking anything at the moment as they won’t be covered by insurance but I think there could be a few in the same boat. As we learnt last year a small crowd can have a massive impact on the place! I still remain hopeful though, just have to sit and wait it out. 

6 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Free month of Babbel for anyone looking to overcome lockdown boredom. Hopefully a month of this and ill be able to order more a little bit more than just 2 beers at the bar when we are finally back at Beni 

https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/babbel-free-month-for-students

Thanks for this. Are you a student of can anyone get it?

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Wonder if they’ll even bother announcing anymore acts for this until they have something definitive as to whether the festival will be going ahead? 

I had a reply on Instagram that I stuck in here saying they were announcing more in April. I am sure that with the current situation the announcement won’t hold any names of weight, unless the acts were booked ahead of the lock which is possible due to the last announcement being in Feb. I’m personally starting to become more pessimistic on the whole thing but who knows? I think I’ve been wrong more times in life than I have been right

16 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

I had a reply on Instagram that I stuck in here saying they were announcing more in April. I am sure that with the current situation the announcement won’t hold any names of weight, unless the acts were booked ahead of the lock which is possible due to the last announcement being in Feb. I’m personally starting to become more pessimistic on the whole thing but who knows? I think I’ve been wrong more times in life than I have been right

Yeah I’m starting to think it won’t go ahead. Heartbreaking stuff after the news of Glastonbury cancelling as well as my trip to Sri Lanka which was due to begin next week. 

Only hope is that the situation starts to improve over the next few weeks...