Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

5 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

If the preliminary poster is true then I imagine they’ll be nothing more added in the next way of big name acts. I’m sure someone said that there is 3 larger names each day which you would presume are the final “headliners” of each day? 

Yeah it’s enough for me to be more than happy but if they’re not adding I can’t see why they don’t just release it and do the price change, I mean they know they posted it by mistake and with the inerneg you can never get away with anything nowadays. I just feel like surely the social media team must be embarrassed by all the price change tweets they keep putting 

Yeah I agree. Especially because rival festivals such as mad cool, bilbao bkk live and primavera sound have announced so much of their lineups!... I think it's amazing value for money but a part of me does wish the festival would announce bands like chili peppers, killers or the strokes like other festivals have announced! 

Edited by Amsy

20 minutes ago, Amsy said:

Yeah I agree. Especially because rival festivals such as mad cool, bilbao bkk live and primavera sound have announced so much of their lineups!... I think it's amazing value for money but a part of me does wish the festival would announce bands like chili peppers, killers or the strokes like other festivals have announced! 

Unfortunately, when it comes to booking big name acts and the depth of its lineup, Benicassim doenst compete with any of those. However, IMO, the logistics, vibe and festival location beats any of the others hand down. Having done BBK, Mad Cool and Nos Alive i can say that Benicassim has a much better feel about the place if you're there to let your hair down and have a good laugh for a week.

Think they’ll wait now until the buzz around the primavera line up has calmed down a bit. They obviously can’t compete with the bigger Spanish festivals but in terms of what they’re offering this year for the price of a ticket, I’d say they’ve done a decent enough job

7 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Unfortunately, when it comes to booking big name acts and the depth of its lineup, Benicassim doenst compete with any of those. However, IMO, the logistics, vibe and festival location beats any of the others hand down. Having done BBK, Mad Cool and Nos Alive i can say that Benicassim has a much better feel about the place if you're there to let your hair down and have a good laugh for a week.

Yeah I've done these festivals too and am looking for something different this year. Have you ever camped there? We've booked a hotel in the town centre but were debating whether to go for the glamping. 

1 hour ago, Amsy said:

Yeah I've done these festivals too and am looking for something different this year. Have you ever camped there? We've booked a hotel in the town centre but were debating whether to go for the glamping. 

You should consider if sleeping is an important thing for you.

Camping/gamping is very convinient because you are 5 minuts away from the festival, it's cheap and the vive is good, but you will be up arround 8 am because of the heat. Aniways, hotel prices in town are crazy and book the hotel outside Benicassim is very unconvinient because you depend on the buses and the lines to get in are masive.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Amsy said:

Ive only ever camped within Glamping. The tents are much better positioned than general with all of them receiving ample shade, have their own separate shower and toilet facilities,  and much more communal space for you and your friends to sit around. Ive had friends who have stayed in Hotels and they all regretted it. During busy years its almost impossible to get a taxi back to your Hotel after the music finishes, whereas if you are camping you can pop back to the tent in 5 minutes if you don't like an act thats playing (and consume the cheap alcohol you have back at the tent) All those in Hotels are stuck in the arena until they're ready to go home.

Yeah, its hot by 8am, but were not going to the festival to have a relaxing week - are we?

• Upvote 1

On 1/16/2020 at 12:16 PM, Amsy said:

I was hoping that they would increase the ticket prices by now which in turn hopefully lead to bigger bands being booked. Weren't the other band supposed to be mgmt and two door cinema club? 

Guess we can rule out TDCC since they were announced for Low Festival in Benidorm

20 hours ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

Which hotel did you book

We've booked Hotel Vista Alegre which is apparently a 40 minute walk away from the festival. It's free cancellation so we could end up camping instead cos this forum is starting to convince me to change my plans! Lol... What are your accommodation plans? 

13 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Ive only ever camped within Glamping. The tents are much better positioned than general with all of them receiving ample shade, have their own separate shower and toilet facilities,  and much more communal space for you and your friends to sit around. Ive had friends who have stayed in Hotels and they all regretted it. During busy years its almost impossible to get a taxi back to your Hotel after the music finishes, whereas if you are camping you can pop back to the tent in 5 minutes if you don't like an act thats playing (and consume the cheap alcohol you have back at the tent) All those in Hotels are stuck in the arena until they're ready to go home.

Yeah, its hot by 8am, but were not going to the festival to have a relaxing week - are we?

Yeah and you can't beat the atmosphere of a campsite. It makes you feel really a part of the festival experience. We glamped for rock werchter last year and the tents were roasting from 8am! So we didn't sleep much and got through it with just sheer adrenaline and alcohol 🙂... The bands were great too! 

29 minutes ago, Amsy said:

We've booked Hotel Vista Alegre which is apparently a 40 minute walk away from the festival. It's free cancellation so we could end up camping instead cos this forum is starting to convince me to change my plans! Lol... What are your accommodation plans? 

We are staying in hotel orange which is supposed to be 20 minutes walk. I couldn't camp in that heat and I'm just thinking of fresh bed showers pool and a nice cold pint to wake up to in the morning. The way I looked at it the ticket cost nothing so I put it towards the hotel.

24 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Feel like I’ve stole a bargain with hotel orange. Got it for 280 for 6 nights pp, up to about 550pp for 6 nights.

We got it at 436 but that’s in euros and the money’s not coming out till 10-14 days before so hopefully the point is strong 😂 currently £370 which is a lot cheaper than what I’ve paid in the past! We have 7 nights though, that Monday day/night in Spain sober is the only thing that helps me feel human again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

We are staying in hotel orange which is supposed to be 20 minutes walk. I couldn't camp in that heat and I'm just thinking of fresh bed showers pool and a nice cold pint to wake up to in the morning. The way I looked at it the ticket cost nothing so I put it towards the hotel.

Hotel orange is best location, will be our 3rd year there, rooms are spot on, pools a good laugh and at the end of a night the walk is about as short as it comes hotel wise I think.

42 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Hotel orange is best location, will be our 3rd year there, rooms are spot on, pools a good laugh and at the end of a night the walk is about as short as it comes hotel wise I think.

We went a couple of years ago and stayed in orpresa del mar. Got lost every night 🙈. This will cut all that out. Think we will be stumbling home every night not walking 🤣

1 minute ago, Sarahwalsh24 said:

What dates were you looking at. We booked from the 16th to the 23rd and it's not booked out. Its 500 per person on the website 

I looked from the 16th until the 20th July... Which website did you book yours from Sarah?