Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

1 hour ago, HappyWednesday said:

I actually think they'll easily end up making more money than last year, even if they kept the price as is.  Remember the camping extra cost too.  So at present for 4 days with camping it's 90 euros.  Early birds last year were around 100 euros with camping included, so it's not that much cheaper.  Plus it was half full.  So taking a tenner less for tickets but selling 20k more is good maths straightaway, and that's without the increase in food and alcohol sales inside, which will be through the roof.  Makes sense to sell tickets low, sell out, and then maximise on food, drink and merch.  I think the only trick they've missed is that they could have started at 75 euros I reckon and everyone who has bought a ticket already would still have thought they were getting a bargain, so they've prob missed out a bit there.  But good on them for the idea though.  Makes great sense I think.

The new owners of the festival are 99% likely to make substancial cuts in some services. They are the owners of a couple festival i've been and belive me, the organisation, bathrooms, quees and services in general are far worse than fib. 

Anyways, I don't expect them to win money on this edition, they are relaunching the brand and the first step is to sold out. Problably they have a good agreement with the town council in order to have the terrains cheaper with the condition of a sold out. With a low atendance the festival is just not worth it, and have the Benicàssim bussinesowners against you is not a good idea. 

The hotel and restaurant owners were very decieved last year and this one they have a lot of faith in the new organisation. I've talked to some of them to book an hotel and they expect a very good fib this year. 

1 hour ago, jordiskim said:

The new owners of the festival are 99% likely to make substancial cuts in some services. They are the owners of a couple festival i've been and belive me, the organisation, bathrooms, quees and services in general are far worse than fib. 

Anyways, I don't expect them to win money on this edition, they are relaunching the brand and the first step is to sold out. Problably they have a good agreement with the town council in order to have the terrains cheaper with the condition of a sold out. With a low atendance the festival is just not worth it, and have the Benicàssim bussinesowners against you is not a good idea. 

The hotel and restaurant owners were very decieved last year and this one they have a lot of faith in the new organisation. I've talked to some of them to book an hotel and they expect a very good fib this year. 

One of my worries was that benicassim would lose the organisation and smoothness of previous years. I’m just hoping they’re going to just hardball the services of previous years and just tell them beni is back and they don’t want to miss out! If they get the crowds back after last year’s numbers I doubt they’ll want to give the majority anything to moan about 

I genuinely think they’ll keep everything the same, it ran well just the last promoters must have ran out of money, I mean they must have seen profit to take it on. After 25years I can’t see they coming in and shaking the lot up? Maybe I’ve just got cabin fever with it and I just don’t want any change at all ?

On 12/12/2019 at 5:39 PM, jordiskim said:

I just don't know what services they could look to make cuts in to be honest.  It's pretty basic festival as it is.  Concrete everywhere, most toilets are standing structures or walls, they won't cut back on bars because there'll be more people there, and the food stalls will all be eager to cash in.  I think it will be very similar to previous editions, as it was pretty stripped back in the first place.  Will be interesting to see what they do with the stages and whether they make them a bit more sensible than in the last couple of years.  But other than that I think it will be similar, fuller, and a lot better.  The only problem in recent editions has been the line ups.  I guess they could hike the beer prices, but they were pretty steep already compared to the town.

I’ve never had a problem with the drink prices, €9 for almost 2 pints and those €6 wines are an absolute treat as well! The mixers could knock out a rhino sometimes as well! I can’t see them making many alterations to the festival...maybe cutting a stage out? But then again there would be nothing to put in the space if they did. The price change is tonihjt isn’t it? That Might mean more names soon? 

7 hours ago, anon2526367 said:

is it likely there will be an decrease in drinks price this year with the current extortionate price of 9 euros for a pint or a mixer

Problably, not only with a decrease in the price, also with promos and discount.

This people know how convince people to get drunk with their stuff, with happy hours, packs and discounts for purchasing the tokens with anticipation.

But expect also a decrease in alcohol quality, they will probably use the same supliers than the ones in Viñarock and Arenal Sound, Ive been to both  and the quality is shit. The Vodka is from a brand called Poliakov and is pure horseshit and the beer is going to bee Heiniken for shure.

The services that they may be cutting off are the volunteers at the campsite that help you to acomodate so probably the camping is going to be more anarchic. Also a decrease in cleaning services and shuttle bus service. 

8 minutes ago, jordiskim said:

Problably, not only with a decrease in the price, also with promos and discount.

This people know how convince people to get drunk with their stuff, with happy hours, packs and discounts for purchasing the tokens with anticipation.

But expect also a decrease in alcohol quality, they will probably use the same supliers than the ones in Viñarock and Arenal Sound, Ive been to both  and the quality is shit. The Vodka is from a brand called Poliakov and is pure horseshit and the beer is going to bee Heiniken for shure.

The services that they may be cutting off are the volunteers at the campsite that help you to acomodate so probably the camping is going to be more anarchic. Also a decrease in cleaning services and shuttle bus service. 

The deal they’re doing for tokens just now is quite decent, 20% free I think

1 hour ago, jordiskim said:

I’d of taken shit beer, shit vodka and shit campsites (I don’t camp) last year over the line up we got! If cuts mean a better line up then Bring on the cuts ?

1 minute ago, TipToes24 said:

I’d of taken shit beer, shit vodka and shit campsites (I don’t camp) last year over the line up we got! If cuts mean a better line up then Bring on the cuts ?

Get absolutely tanked up on the €4 litres of vodka and the hotel orange bar and you can spend about 20 quid in the festival 

On 12/12/2019 at 3:04 PM, jack12895 said:

Noel may be more talented but live performances Liam wins every day of the week, and at this moment in time is a bigger attraction for selling tickets

How so? Performance wise I'd say Noel is doing a better job, no? His band has much 'depth' and at this point I'd say Noel sings better than raspy Liam... I really think Liam gets more headline slots because he plays more of his old band's songs ? But that doesn't say anything about the performance obv.

Both are playing the 'being a statue and not even trying to smile' game though.

24 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Get absolutely tanked up on the €4 litres of vodka and the hotel orange bar and you can spend about 20 quid in the festival 

Those vodka slush did me last year at hotel orange, €6 a pop I think but get the right bar man and it’s about a half and half measure! They may hold the key next year if I’m going into the festival to get served home brewed ethanol 

19 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Those vodka slush did me last year at hotel orange, €6 a pop I think but get the right bar man and it’s about a half and half measure! They may hold the key next year if I’m going into the festival to get served home brewed ethanol 

One of the guys behind the bar was saying “tell me when to stop”, half pints of vodka before the festival starts was the main reason it went downhill for me. The Spanish cider as well was like apple juice with a percent, lethal 

Surely they’ll hit us with more acts on this price change? They’ve bled the current acts dry and I can’t see how tickets can still be flying out despite the price! Or maybe I’m just being impatient....it’s mainly because if they have more acts good and ready to confirm I just want them too ?

47 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Surely they’ll hit us with more acts on this price change? They’ve bled the current acts dry and I can’t see how tickets can still be flying out despite the price! Or maybe I’m just being impatient....it’s mainly because if they have more acts good and ready to confirm I just want them too ?

Mike Skinner said on the BBC the other night that The Streets have some European shows to announce after Christmas, and with them playing Manchester 10th July, you can risk the house on them being at Bilbao or Benicassim for me. Either way, Spanish announcements tend to be close enough together so I would say expect Feb/Mar? maybe end of Jan, but nothing too close into the start of the new year, everyone is el skinto and waiting on that first post Christmas pay

4 hours ago, CJTM said:

Mike Skinner said on the BBC the other night that The Streets have some European shows to announce after Christmas, and with them playing Manchester 10th July, you can risk the house on them being at Bilbao or Benicassim for me. Either way, Spanish announcements tend to be close enough together so I would say expect Feb/Mar? maybe end of Jan, but nothing too close into the start of the new year, everyone is el skinto and waiting on that first post Christmas pay

Add them, TDCC, Sum 41 on Saturday, some young/new bands to each day and this is a wonderful lineup.

• 2 weeks later...