Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Anyone else noticed that they haven’t actually changed the ticket price once? I’m sure they’ve mentioned multiple times that the price will increase yet you can still snap one up for 65 euros...

Aaaaaaaand, they have postponed price raise to 15/12 :D

Ian Brown have just been announced for the Victorious Festival, good option for today's announcement

• Upvote 1

Someone on here did say a while ago that Brown had been booked, but before it’s only 1 name I’m presuming it’s a headliner, would he headline? My guess is LG

Edit: Saw disclosure announced a few live shows for next summer, would be quality to have them back 

Edited by Jonesy1

6 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

Only thing I can think of is they only have one of the Gallaghers numbers, poor Noel hasn’t had the call up in a while! 3rd time in 4 years I’ll be seeing him there, he almost had more appearances than me ?

I find it really surprising how Liam has way more hype behind him than Noel who's by all accounts better, he has a better band and sings better, has longer shows etc.

The "only" things Liam has on for him are the attitude and a bit of rasp in the voice :D 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

I find it really surprising how Liam has way more hype behind him than Noel who's by all accounts better, he has a better band and sings better, has longer shows etc.

The "only" things Liam has on for him are the attitude and a bit of rasp in the voice :D 

But Liam is happy to play Oasis tunes , Noel is not . Liam all the way for me though 

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

Noel may be more talented but live performances Liam wins every day of the week, and at this moment in time is a bigger attraction for selling tickets

• Like 1

I actually think both of them are cracking live. Was seeing Liam a couple of weeks ago and he had the place bouncing. Noel puts on a completely different show but still very good.

As far as I’m aware no festivals had them on the same weekend since they split up, would be good if Beni could be the first

2 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

I actually think both of them are cracking live. Was seeing Liam a couple of weeks ago and he had the place bouncing. Noel puts on a completely different show but still very good.

As far as I’m aware no festivals had them on the same weekend since they split up, would be good if Beni could be the first

One in Milan did last year I believe.

It's mad that a 4 day ticket for this costs less than a ticket to see LG in Britain.

Just now, didinowanttohearthat said:

One in Milan did last year I believe.

It's mad that a 4 day ticket for this costs less than a ticket to see LG in Britain.

Yeah it’s mad, I paid 65 quid for his heaton park gig next year and was 48 for this. Looking forward to next year to see what music republic do with Beni 

4 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Yeah it’s mad, I paid 65 quid for his heaton park gig next year and was 48 for this. Looking forward to next year to see what music republic do with Beni 

I've no idea how they hope to turn a profit tbh. Assumed it relied on the prices rising rapidly but that hasn't happened yet. Would be good for Beni to sell well tho, I went in 2017 and 2018 and it's a great festival. The lineup is usually spot on, it's dead cheap and the beach is class.

4 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I've no idea how they hope to turn a profit tbh. Assumed it relied on the prices rising rapidly but that hasn't happened yet. Would be good for Beni to sell well tho, I went in 2017 and 2018 and it's a great festival. The lineup is usually spot on, it's dead cheap and the beach is class.

I’m presuming they’ll be needing a sell out, which will mean a lot more money through the bars etc. Will be interesting to see what major sponsors they get as well

But yeah, cracking festival, location and atmosphere 

3 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

I actually think they'll easily end up making more money than last year, even if they kept the price as is.  Remember the camping extra cost too.  So at present for 4 days with camping it's 90 euros.  Early birds last year were around 100 euros with camping included, so it's not that much cheaper.  Plus it was half full.  So taking a tenner less for tickets but selling 20k more is good maths straightaway, and that's without the increase in food and alcohol sales inside, which will be through the roof.  Makes sense to sell tickets low, sell out, and then maximise on food, drink and merch.  I think the only trick they've missed is that they could have started at 75 euros I reckon and everyone who has bought a ticket already would still have thought they were getting a bargain, so they've prob missed out a bit there.  But good on them for the idea though.  Makes great sense I think.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1