Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

2 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

They only confirmed headliner we have is Libertines for the Saturday. Would be a bit much for Liam to play 3 times in 4 years but he would shift tickets.

Is this just based on them being the only ones to tweet they're a headliner? 

If thats true then thats provided me white a lot more hope...

2 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Is this just based on them being the only ones to tweet they're a headliner? 

If thats true then thats provided me white a lot more hope...

Pretty much yeah.

Beni not confirmed anything and Foals only said they’re playing the festival. Would’ve thought they’d have made a bigger deal out of headlining.

5 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

They’re quite cryptic this year, usually they admit they have no idea and it’s all just guess work. In the past they have just released the leaks early if they happen but this year they just put about 5/6 acts in a row who are there and then they put a few who aren’t? Plus they ALWAYS bum off that hinds band on that page and they’re here again this year so I bet they came in their pants when they saw that 

You know that page is ran by @andy tommo 

On 11/21/2019 at 9:24 PM, Jonesy1 said:

Very sure, normal camping is 25, then glamping 50, you don’t have to pay for both. Will end up a bit more than 198 right enough once they’ve added on fees

Hm, info from the official site

Those who have a FESTIVAL TICKET + CAMPING TICKET + GLAMPING ticket can sleep in GLAMPING.

After a bit of persuading certain individuals  - albeit less than anticipated - it looks like our group is returning to Beni for one final time (say this every year)

however the lack of clarity on a few things seem to be causing a few concerns, notably the pricing structure (how high do they go?) and who out of those announced are headliners, and how many more ‘headliner sized acts’ can we expect? Are we expecting another Foals / VW / Libs sized act? Or is it more Kooks and Kaiser Chiefs? 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

After a bit of persuading certain individuals  - albeit less than anticipated - it looks like our group is returning to Beni for one final time (say this every year)

however the lack of clarity on a few things seem to be causing a few concerns, notably the pricing structure (how high do they go?) and who out of those announced are headliners, and how many more ‘headliner sized acts’ can we expect? Are we expecting another Foals / VW / Libs sized act? Or is it more Kooks and Kaiser Chiefs? 

ALmost exactly what’s happening with my lot, pricing is an issue. For me surely they can’t go higher than €150? Which for 4 nights music is €37.50 a night so no complains from me at all! Also, keep getting asked what if it’s just Spanish acts from here on in....but that’s the risk we take! I’m hoping for more axts in jan! But another group we meet out there are waiting till the next load of acts as according to them it’s “fucking awful” so far, so I don’t quite know what will turn it around for them ?

7 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

ALmost exactly what’s happening with my lot, pricing is an issue. For me surely they can’t go higher than €150? Which for 4 nights music is €37.50 a night so no complains from me at all! Also, keep getting asked what if it’s just Spanish acts from here on in....but that’s the risk we take! I’m hoping for more axts in jan! But another group we meet out there are waiting till the next load of acts as according to them it’s “fucking awful” so far, so I don’t quite know what will turn it around for them ?

Even if they just told us how many will be at 49 euros would help be a great help. Few people seem to think that theyll still be at 49 euros at Christmas, and are willing to risk it till then. If they go up to 60 euros after this then i doubt itll make much difference, but if the next price range is 100, then i cant see many others jumping on board.

Not sure if you seen but Benicassim Fans mentioned on twitter that they had sight of a poster before release which had Biffy and Sum41 on it, two acts who never appeared on the initial. Wonder if Biffy is the level of act we can hope to see in the next release?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

What do we think then? We expecting them to be added next? Or do you think that negotiations broke down?

Added next I’d say. Only so much they can announce when the tickets are €49.

They tweeted LG, Biffy and Two Door, they’ve seen the lineup so I expect them to be in the next wave. Biffy Friday headliner, LG Sunday headliner, very solid lineup.

Although it’s not for me, quite impressive they’ve booked Martin Garrix and he’s not headlining, absolutely massive act right now.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

They tweeted LG, Biffy and Two Door, they’ve seen the lineup so I expect them to be in the next wave. Biffy Friday headliner, LG Sunday headliner, very solid lineup.

Although it’s not for me, quite impressive they’ve booked Martin Garrix and he’s not headlining, absolutely massive act right now.

I said this last year about how George Ezra and 1975 weren’t headlining beni but they was elsewhere....then we got vetusa morla 

2 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

I hope Biffy and Two Door are announced, not that bothered about Liam, seems to pop up everywhere at the moment. 

Libertines are the only notable act on the Saturday outside of Spain, so should have a few decent additions there. 

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I hope Biffy and Two Door are announced, not that bothered about Liam, seems to pop up everywhere at the moment. 

Libertines are the only notable act on the Saturday outside of Spain, so should have a few decent additions there. 

Someone said on here Ian Brown was 100% booked, and that was before he announced he was doing anything next year. Add him to the Saturday under the libertines and it’s looking pretty solid.

Think Liams not announcing any summer dates until he announces his heaton park gig, but I think we’ve definitely got a few big names to come.

I find it odd they’d be holding back big acts, maybe contracts aren’t finished or may be disputed but I’d love to know what the fans page saw and where/when they saw it! I just hope the hotel prices sink again as hotel orange has shot up and all others around have and I’m not going to be going back and forth on a bus, any advice on apartments? I might just have a look on air BnB but if anyone has any other suggestions send them my way 

9 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

I find it odd they’d be holding back big acts, maybe contracts aren’t finished or may be disputed but I’d love to know what the fans page saw and where/when they saw it! I just hope the hotel prices sink again as hotel orange has shot up and all others around have and I’m not going to be going back and forth on a bus, any advice on apartments? I might just have a look on air BnB but if anyone has any other suggestions send them my way 

The buses from marina D’or are actually quite handy. Very cheap to stay in, only problem is there’s fuck all to do, 1 pub, 1 shop.

On 11/24/2019 at 8:10 PM, TipToes24 said:

Could be that LG/Biffy want to announce all their festivals together and not til a certain date etc, suppose Beni would just have to go along with it