Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

13 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

I’ve took today’s message to mean we will hear something at the weekend or early next week? Plus the translation was that they’re going to show us everything they are preparing so hopefully it’s a shotgun blast to the face of information 

Also got a feeling we’re going to get everything at once. Dates, tickets and a lineup poster in the one day.

44 minutes ago, Toñobeni said:

Los carteles de FIB y Arenal 'esperan' el acuerdo con el gigante de festivales

https://www.elmundo.es/comunidad-valenciana/castellon/2019/11/15/5dcdb0abfc6c830c4f8b4776.html

Apologies but neither my Spanish or google translate makes this any clearer?

is it saying the poster (the lineup) is just waiting for be confirmed by the festival? Or is it just more information on the takeover?

50 minutes ago, Toñobeni said:

The news says that the FIB lineup will be announced when the negotiations between Live Nation and The Music Republic finish.

Yeah but I think the point is that this is a second takeover.  Music Republic took over from Melvyn Benn's company after the 2019 edition, and now this is saying that talks are afoot for either a takeover or a merger of Music Republic with Live Nation.  So it's a separate takeover now.   Whether it's good news or bad news for investment in the line up, which to be honest is what everyone really cares about, remains to be seen...

No matter how much I try I can’t get my lot to book early after last year? for some the wounds are still fresh from vetusa morla, Lana Del Ray and more of that ilk being announce so looks like we will get the heavily inflated prices! At least the longer we have the wait I can pass off some of the cost as an early Christmas present to myself ? 

I’d already be seeing Ian brown at neighbourhood weekender so twice in a summer might mean I’ll give him a miss at beni! I’ve heard shaky things about him from my mates who’ve been to roses gigs in recent reunions. But he’d be one of 4 headliners if he’s there so hopefully they pull somethings special out the bag for us