Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

24 minutes ago, EamerRed said:

There's building hype and then there's being plain irritating.

Most festivals are bad for this, Y not are far and away the worst for it but i think beni will give them a run for their money if they drop a few more pointless videos with no real news

Just clearing out old photos on my phone and came across this tease, this tweet alone got two of my mates to book on with us and they still haven’t forgave themselves ? I think Lana was announced about a month after as well? Clearly wouldn’t have been in talks with any of the mentioned bands......but we did get Vetusa Morla in a exclusive set so who can complain4515474C-FD9B-4856-8424-2A3AD0370CC6.thumb.jpeg.76c9b484ccce5dcbcd09c855f12f8cb5.jpeg

6E9E4659-5D9E-4C8C-87C6-2190B912379E.jpeg

4 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

Just clearing out old photos on my phone and came across this tease, this tweet alone got two of my mates to book on with us and they still haven’t forgave themselves ? I think Lana was announced about a month after as well? Clearly wouldn’t have been in talks with any of the mentioned bands......but we did get Vetusa Morla in a exclusive set so who can complain4515474C-FD9B-4856-8424-2A3AD0370CC6.thumb.jpeg.76c9b484ccce5dcbcd09c855f12f8cb5.jpeg

6E9E4659-5D9E-4C8C-87C6-2190B912379E.jpeg

Going by this article, the Arctic Monkeys were due to do another round of festivals this summer but backed out, so there’s a chance they were pencilled in for this year, but took the summer off instead. Still a stupid tweet from them though.

https://www.elmundo.es/comunidad-valenciana/castellon/2019/07/22/5d356478fc6c8356258b45e6.html

On 10/27/2019 at 9:26 AM, TipToes24 said:

My bet is the first announcement will be November 12th. No reason why, just a blind guess, but here’s to the wait and hoping something good comes from it ? 

Still on for this, I’ve never predicted an announcement correctly in all my years of going and last year I didn’t even guess a headliner (unfair as vetusa morla shouldn’t have counted) but maybe, just maybe I’m right on this one 

I’ve got a feeling we’ll finally hear something this week. So what’s the predictions?

New owners have mentioned in 2 separate interviews that they’ll be aiming the festival at the British so I think we can expect acts like Kasabian/Noel G/Libertines, they’ve all got history with the festival, appeal to the brits and are all about next summer

whats the thoughts 

18 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

I’ve got a feeling we’ll finally hear something this week. So what’s the predictions?

New owners have mentioned in 2 separate interviews that they’ll be aiming the festival at the British so I think we can expect acts like Kasabian/Noel G/Libertines, they’ve all got history with the festival, appeal to the brits and are all about next summer

whats the thoughts 

15 hours ago, thelemon said:

Would love it if they could get tame impala or the strokes

A Libertines / Strokes duo would be enough for me to fully commit. 

If we don't hear anything by the end of the month then there's a good chance that our group will start looking for alternatives. If we leave it any longer and the lineup is on par with last year then we will be priced out of going to another festival overseas as flights and tickets etc are on the rise daily. 

The fact that the vote / poll is still up on their website doesn't give me much hope either. Youd have hoped by now they've got the majority of the lineup sorted and that they dont need our input on who we want. If they're still in the process of trying to book acts then i'm afraid they'll be scraping the barrel again to put on a decent lineup...

Slowly starting to look like 9 years and out for me :( 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

If we don't hear anything by the end of the month then there's a good chance that our group will start looking for alternatives. If we leave it any longer and the lineup is on par with last year then we will be priced out of going to another festival overseas as flights and tickets etc are on the rise daily. 

The fact that the vote / poll is still up on their website doesn't give me much hope either. Youd have hoped by now they've got the majority of the lineup sorted and that they dont need our input on who we want. If they're still in the process of trying to book acts then i'm afraid they'll be scraping the barrel again to put on a decent lineup...

Would’ve thought the new mob would’ve realised that getting the lineup and info out quickly is vital for Beni. So much strong competition in Spain yet every year Beni consistently drags the arse out of every announcement.

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

There's a press release floating about IIRC, that the first poster comes in November, so I would say give it two more weeks end of the month job @TheFullShaboo

33 minutes ago, CJTM said:

There's a press release floating about IIRC, that the first poster comes in November, so I would say give it two more weeks end of the month job @TheFullShaboo

Hope this is the case! Did wonder myself if they'd wait for end of month / payday but then quickly remembered forward thinking isn't really FIBs thing ;) 

Jokes aside, id love nothing more than a stellar lineup and knowing that ill be returning again next year

On 10/26/2019 at 3:35 PM, Jonesy1 said:

“The Music Republic company plans to announce the poster of the Benicàssim International Festival next November. The next edition is scheduled to start on July 16, as Radio Castellón has learned. The new owners try to finalize the details of the transfer of the land.
The next edition of the Benicàssim International Festival will be held between July 16 and 19, which is organized for the first time by The Music Republic, which acquired the rights of the festival last summer. It should be remembered that the FIB will be held ten days before the Arenal Sound of Borriana, a festival whose management belongs to the same business group.
Next November, the organizers are expected to announce the new IBF cartel, although this month they are finalizing the details of the transfer of the land. The new owners study betting on the same style of music groups, focused on the British public, with which the festival began. Another issue that could change is the price of fertilizers.”

@TheFullShaboo

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

What ever it is I hope it’s fixed soon, I can’t have another twitter notification about another pointless video or I’ll snap!

Would rather they just said announcement in the next 2 weeks or whatever and left it at that. Instead of the constant posting of utter shit