Benicassim (FIB) 2020

The Toad.

Any of the Chemical brothers, kasabian, Noel G, tame impala, foals, deadmau5 and the obvious arctic monkeys would be a winner headliner wise for me. Plenty of mid tier bands/acts/DJs I’d like to see on the line up as well. I think the information will come thick and fast in time for Christmas, first announcement was usually around November time? I know it’s a new team so expecting the same announcement times would be naive....well I say the same times, last years were a bit of a disaster, but that was a  common theme last year ?

also just to add, hope there’s no silly “exclusive Spanish show” for any of the headliners as im convinced that’s what fucked us last year 

On 10/11/2019 at 1:51 PM, Jonesy1 said:

That’s fair enough. Translated the full paragraph, looks like they’re getting rid of the weeks long camping. The broken translation makes it sound like the campsite won’t open til 8am on the Thursday morning.

If they cut the camping down to just 4 days I think a lot less people will want to go. One of the best bits about FIB was the camping, the lineup is rarely the best lineup but you get 7 days camping in the sun included in the price which made it better than a lot of the other festivals.

6 minutes ago, AlistairG said:

If they cut the camping down to just 4 days I think a lot less people will want to go. One of the best bits about FIB was the camping, the lineup is rarely the best lineup but you get 7 days camping in the sun included in the price which made it better than a lot of the other festivals.

Don’t 100% trust my translation, there’s a chance it’ll turn out to be wrong. But that’s how I read it.

It will be interesting to see if any of last year’s acts return. From where I was most of the later acts had goodish crowds but for me you me at six was criminally empty and gorgon city was a bit dead as well. I’m sure going off other pictures other acts only played to a handful of people.....going off the fact acts get booked through agencies maybe some acts/agents seen all they needed to see last year? Or will the prestige of what the festival once was still have pulling power? I still feel sorry for vetusa Morla and their ‘headliner’ crowd, that was painful to watch 

2 minutes ago, TipToes24 said:

The new updated list has lost a fair few names from the last one. Still, some big exciting names on there...for a chap who vowed never to go back after last year I’m getting excited ?

Probably zero point in taking the list seriously if they’re including bands that aren’t even alive.

Notice Kasabian and Foo’s been removed, probably cause they’ve already been booked...

7 hours ago, Jonesy1 said:

Probably zero point in taking the list seriously if they’re including bands that aren’t even alive.

Notice Kasabian and Foo’s been removed, probably cause they’ve already been booked...

Yeah im hoping this is the case. Probably just means that reality has hit home though and theyre way out of Benis grasp. 

Offspring and Sum41 are nice additions though! Not for everyone but used to be into them both back in School, think they'd go down rather well!

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Just realised if the reason they have removed Foo Fighters from the list is because they've since been booked, then maybe some of the noticeable omissions from the initial list was because they had already been booked.

The Strokes weren't on that list....

Maybe they can't afford them

1 minute ago, TipToes24 said:

I looked out of interest at hotel orange prices for July and it said they were fully booked all of July, obv they must be waiting for the dates so they can spike the prices as per! 

Done the same, can’t book for any date next year, even on their website, waiting for the dates to come out, dirty bastards 

14 minutes ago, Jonesy1 said:

Done the same, can’t book for any date next year, even on their website, waiting for the dates to come out, dirty bastards 

Previous years of staying/looking at prices they are one of worst for spiking the prices, think this year we said we might swerve it and stay elsewhere, cracking location, rooms, pool, bar and atmosphere but with all the other added costs we rack up its one of the things we’ll save the most money on.....plus if the line up is a corker I think they could pump it up past previous years 

13 hours ago, TipToes24 said:

Previous years of staying/looking at prices they are one of worst for spiking the prices, think this year we said we might swerve it and stay elsewhere, cracking location, rooms, pool, bar and atmosphere but with all the other added costs we rack up its one of the things we’ll save the most money on.....plus if the line up is a corker I think they could pump it up past previous years 

It’s not a cheap week if you stay there but it is brilliant. Think we were an extra 400 quid each this year for a week in hotel orange. Wouldn’t mind paying 150 + for a ticket if they’re going to pile the extra money into the lineup, I’m sure most would agree