Living acts that have never played at the festival.

Matt42

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

just read an article with mel B saying she's determined to get the Spice Girls to Glastonbury.

At least she was talking about the legends slot and not headlining.

I’d be up for it tbh.

I reckon it would go down great on the day.

6 hours ago, bamber said:

I forgot about Alicia Keys. I should never do that. Never on the list exactly, but definitely on the living acts that never played radar.

I agree bamber. I think Alicia Keys would be one that would fit comfortably into any lineup.

Its surprising that she has never been booked. Even at her peak she wasnt demanding headlining slots. She easily could of subbed the pyramid or something even at her peak.

Alicia Keys would kill an early afternoon slot on the pyramid!

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think this would be good to inspire hope that there is still an endless list of potential acts to do the festival

Sorry but they would have to be prepared to play for a fee that is inline with the budget.  Good idea for a game though

1 hour ago, tarw said:

Sorry but they would have to be prepared to play for a fee that is inline with the budget.  Good idea for a game though

I think it’s good though. As we’ve seen already there is a huge list of acts to fill lineups for years to come.

9 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Legend slot? They only have 3 albums and one of those nobody knows. To be in that slot you need a body of work, not just to have been massive once and had your first hit over 20 years ago.

Oh come off it they've had 9 UK number ones ?

You don't have to love Spice Girls but acting like they don't have enough to perform an hour and a fifteen set is ludicrous.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Oh come off it they've had 9 UK number ones ?

You don't have to love Spice Girls but acting like they don't have enough to perform an hour and a fifteen set is ludicrous.

All from a three year period though. I know they've got lots of songs, but doesn't a "legend" normally have a long career, rather than just a career that happened a long time ago?

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

All from a three year period though. I know they've got lots of songs, but doesn't a "legend" normally have a long career, rather than just a career that happened a long time ago?

Why so many rules?!

Quite hard to keep track of this thread, but I’d like some heavier stuff rather than these these grime and pop trends shite. Apols if already posted. 

So: 

System of a Down 

Prophets of Rage (Rage played in 1994 so PoR would be fun)

Another ‘vote’ for Slipknot 

(Would most like to see Pearl Jam there tho) 

Edited by caballosblancos

On 7/19/2019 at 9:18 PM, Matt42 said:

Naming as many as I can possibly think off the top of my head (as they come into my head). - also gonna knock some boring ones off the list so we can go to the nitty gritty.

Ariana Grande, Barbara Streisand, Twentyonepilots (lol), Post Malone, Cher, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Depeche Mode, Frank Ocean, Travis Scott, Drake, Little Mix, Spice Girls, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Eminem, Kate Bush, Guns and Roses, The Stone Roses, Elton John, The Strokes, Tool,  Kraftwerk, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, A$AP Rocky

Edit 1: Jason Isbell, Rammstein, Tom Waits, Tracey Chapman, Green Day, Kate Rusby, The Bangles, Erausre, B52’s, Pearl Jam, Rihanna, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Alicia Keys, Annie Lennox, John Legend, Kendrick Lamar, Pink, Paramore, Nils Frahm.

Oh and Fleetwood Mac :)

oh and Coldplay ;) 

Just a minor correction.  Tool played in 1994.  Naturally, I was there.  They didn't record it, as far as I know, but there is a setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1994/worthy-farm-pilton-england-13d29961.html

And a video of Maynard singing with Rage Against The Machine later that night on the Pyramid.  I was at that too.

43 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Just a minor correction.  Tool played in 1994.  Naturally, I was there.  They didn't record it, as far as I know, but there is a setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1994/worthy-farm-pilton-england-13d29961.html

And a video of Maynard singing with Rage Against The Machine later that night on the Pyramid.  I was at that too.

Now this is news...I didn’t not know this!