Living acts that have never played at the festival.

Matt42

On 7/19/2019 at 9:18 PM, Matt42 said:

Ariana Grande, Barbara Streisand, Twentyonepilots (lol), Post Malone, Cher, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Depeche Mode, Frank Ocean, Travis Scott, Drake, Little Mix, Spice Girls, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Eminem, Kate Bush, Guns and Roses, The Stone Roses, Elton John, The Strokes,  Kraftwerk, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, A$AP Rocky

Edit 1: Jason Isbell, Rammstein, Tom Waits, Tracey Chapman, Green Day, Kate Rusby, The Bangles, Erausre, B52’s, Pearl Jam, Rihanna, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Alicia Keys, Annie Lennox, John Legend, Kendrick Lamar, Pink, Paramore, Nils Frahm.

Oh and Fleetwood Mac :)

oh and Coldplay ;) 

EDIT 2: Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Bonnie Prince Billy, Maroon 5, Filta, Bryan Adams, Journey, Carly Rae Jepsen, Usher, Roachford, Ryan Bingham, Joe Pug, Limp Bizkit, Ween, Gary Numan, Jean Michel Jarre, OMD, Dave Gilmore, AC/DC, Genesis, Human League, Diana Ross, The Decembrists, Jacob Collier, Gladys Knight, The Twilight Sad, My Bloody Valentine, Sufjan Stevens, Tears for Fears, Slowdive, Jeff Beck, Rush, Justin Timberlake, Flume, Bruno Mars, Childish Gambino, J Cole, Future, The Weeknd, Justin Bieber, Erykah Badu, McFly, Sensible Soccers, Sylvian Esso, WhoMadeWho, Jo Hamilton, Mum, Santana, Randy Newman, Ry Cooper, James Taylor, Seal, Roxette, Neutral Milk Hotel, Mike Oldfield, Def Leppard, System of a Down, Prophets of Rage, Deep Purple, The Golden Earring, Grace Jones, The Chameleons, The Slow Readers Club, Faith No More, Incubus, Yazoo, Puressence, Tina Turner, Will Smith, Motley Crue, Kiss, Aerosmith, Fall Out Boy, James Arthur

- - - 

Update to the mega list so far! We’re doing well. Maybe soon we will have an entire lineups full of acts that have never played before :P

At least this should inspire hope that there are plenty of acts to still play the festival and plenty of reasons to get excited about the lineup every year!

Maybe we could send a larger version of this to Eavis if they are stuck who to book!

36 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Laurent Garnier

Can add about 10 dance mega acts to the list.

Ricardo Villalobos, Helena Hauf, Nina Kraviz, Raresh, Petre Inspirescu, Rhadoo, Nicholas Lutz, Vera, Margaret Dygas, Sonja Moonear.

The dance omissions open up an even wider can of worms. We need the Electronica/Dance topic lot to help with this!

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Ricardo Villalobos, Helena Hauf, Nina Kraviz, Raresh, Petre Inspirescu, Rhadoo, Nicholas Lutz, Vera, Margaret Dygas, Sonja Moonear.

The dance omissions open up an even wider can of worms. We need the Electronica/Dance topic lot to help with this!

The festival is only 5 days long.  Ricardo would only be warming up by then!

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 1:24 AM, MrZigster said:

Jeff Beck

Rush

Genesis

A huge effort for 2020 to get a Peter Gabriel-led Genesis to perform The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway on the Pyramid in its entirety including Slipperman suit for Peter, to the delight of several!

4 hours ago, Quark said:

very definitely not active!

Not musically, anyway. 

Unless you count the weird noises from the TV in Cauty's latest ESTATE project. 

(And I totally do).

Does getting Jarvis Cocker to sing Justified and Ancient at the 400 Event in Liverpool count?

On 7/20/2019 at 10:04 PM, fatyeti24 said:

Just a minor correction.  Tool played in 1994.  Naturally, I was there.  They didn't record it, as far as I know, but there is a setlist:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/tool/1994/worthy-farm-pilton-england-13d29961.html

And a video of Maynard singing with Rage Against The Machine later that night on the Pyramid.  I was at that too.

A Perfect Circle played in either 98, 99 or 00 as well. They threw a load of branded frisbees into the crowd.

I would love to see At The Drive-In and The Mars Volta there. TMV aren't currently active but Omar and Cedric have said that they expect to start playing again at some point.

The Jesus Lizard.

The US Jam band scene rather underserved...

Tedeschi Trucks Band, Gov't Mule, Robert Randolph

And of course any version of the Grateful Dead

Jazz also without much representation (until maybe this year). I'd like to see Pat Matheny with or without his group.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Would love Villalobos or Kraviz but Glasto aren't likely to pay the fees they command I'm afraid.

Barbra Streisand and Liza Minnelli are both bona fide living legends.

Sure they're both well past their prime, but if Shirley Bassey, Brian Wilson and James Brown managed it then so can they :)

(Edit: I see we've already had Barbra, but I don't think Liza's been mentioned yet!)

Edited by doogie

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Hopefully with IICON providing some extra capacity now they can start booking some of these people.

50 minutes ago, jj200 said:

I think Coldplay last apperad at Glastonbury 2016 closing the fest so they played the fest before

Dude Coldplay have never played at Glastonbury festival.

heres hoping they make their debut for the 50th anniversary!

Actually I’m pretty sure Chris Martin has never stepped foot in worthy farm!