Living acts that have never played at the festival.

Matt42

Every year we get a few surprises on the lineup of acts making their glasto debut. I was surprised the other day to see that NIN in fact have done it before.

Ive seen in message boards for other festivals users compiling a long list of acts (headliner right to the bottom) that have never appeared at the festival. I wonder if we could try and do something for Glasto as it is really difficult to find out sometimes if an act has or hasn’t done Glastonbury.

Some rules

1) They have to alive 

2) They have to be somewhat active or still in existence. If the lead singer has passed away then it does not count. (i.e it has to be within the realms of possibility that it could happen).

3) They must be complete festival newbies. If they have played in a tiny tent one year it doesn’t count. Research to see if you are correct.

4) check to see if someone has already put them down before posting.

I think this would be good to inspire hope that there is still an endless list of potential acts to do the festival. 

Naming as many as I can possibly think off the top of my head (as they come into my head). - also gonna knock some boring ones off the list so we can go to the nitty gritty.

Ariana Grande, Barbara Streisand, Twentyonepilots (lol), Post Malone, Cher, Madonna, Taylor Swift, Depeche Mode, Frank Ocean, Travis Scott, Drake, Little Mix, Spice Girls, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Eminem, Kate Bush, Guns and Roses, The Stone Roses, Elton John, The Strokes, Tool,  Kraftwerk, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, A$AP Rocky

Edit 1: Jason Isbell, Rammstein, Tom Waits, Tracey Chapman, Green Day, Kate Rusby, The Bangles, Erausre, B52’s, Pearl Jam, Rihanna, Celine Dion, Britney Spears, Alicia Keys, Annie Lennox, John Legend, Kendrick Lamar, Pink, Paramore, Nils Frahm.

Oh and Fleetwood Mac :)

oh and Coldplay ;) 

Edited by Matt42
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can't believe you ruined your own game by doing all the easy ones yourself!

The reason being that there are hundreds of acts that have never done it. More than I thought there was. 

Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Black Sabbath. Here’s some more!

1 minute ago, gigpusher said:

I've searched and can't find any record of them playing. I don't claim to be an authority on this but from a google search I can't see any evidence of them playing. 

You’re right and I’m really surprised 

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Ah you fucker. Not only did you notice me posting in the wrong thread, you stick it on here first!

Currrses!!!

Not gonna lie, I had a wry smile on my face when rushing here to post.

Wild Friday night.