Kacey Musgraves On The Pymild

CaledonianGonzo

Tiny crowd, but what they lacked in number, they made up for in love for KM. Great set, we got more from Golden Hour/ less from Star-Crossed than I expected, and it was, like you say, over in the blink of an eye. Well, lots of blinking from me, cos the tears came, just as I thought they might. A lovely hour. 

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Might have been the vibe but for an hour long set it felt about 5 minutes long.

It was one of those 'small-ish crowds when you're in it that looks perfectly fine viewed from the stage' occasions I think.

No Happy & Sad or Space Cowboy but had a proper moment when she did Rainbow.

Agree it felt very short. She’s proper fucking good tho. Love her.

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I expect that the relatively compact crowd would be Jack White's fault. The huge crowd I was in exiting Diana Ross just kept on going up the hill.

It was everyone on at that time and she got the short end. Jack, McFly, Turnstile,  Koffee and whoever stayed for Elbow. I think they did figure the Diana exodus would mean more people went to Other but they just didnt. And Jack wasnt even as packed as Wet Leg on Friday.

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Also looking at the program it looks like she was meant to be on the other this whole time. Interesting.

Aerosmith were clearly meant to be fourth down on the Pyramid Saturday originally and when they bailed, Sam Fender moved in to their place from Other (as he is in the book), and then again to sub when Doja pulled out with AJ Tracey stepping in.

There were probably a lot of lineup switch up between 2020 and ‘22, Caribou going from Park headliner to West Holts sub being another obvious one. Did we have reason to think Kacey was on the Pyramid or was that something we were all just trying to will in to existence?

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

She was on the Pyramid Stage playlist released for the G20 that never happened.

No reason to think she was due to be on there this year that I'm aware of.

Suppose it’s hard to make room for somebody like Kacey when prime acts like Easy Life need those Pyramid slots.

1 minute ago, LinvoyPrimus said:

I thought her set was wonderful. Small crowd, but well into it. Her voice is sublime, and had surprisingly great chat as well. 

Someone I was only loosely familiar with before the festival, but I'm fully converted to now.

My feelings exactly! Very glad I caught her. Got her music on now… making the first day back to work a little more bearable.