Kacey Musgraves On The Pymild

CaledonianGonzo

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Two top ten albums under her belt now, and only up against stinky Elbow on the Pyramid. Think she’ll do just fine; she’s hardly some unknown act they’re sticking that high up and there.

Idk we will see. Perhaps because she is now pretty much a sub at any US fest going she wanted a later slot? Either way I will be there!

5 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Idk we will see. Perhaps because she is now pretty much a sub at any US fest going she wanted a later slot? Either way I will be there!

She is a headliner at the 2 fests she has booked in the u.s this year. Also I would be curious if her management or she didnt realize that the time slot isnt Golden Hour? Off by about an hour.

50 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

She is a headliner at the 2 fests she has booked in the u.s this year. Also I would be curious if her management or she didnt realize that the time slot isnt Golden Hour? Off by about an hour.

The new album is a bit more “evening” than golden hour. 

Golden Hour faded black as she says (in the new album).

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The new album is a bit more “evening” than golden hour. 

Golden Hour faded black as she says (in the new album).

Just saying. She might still want to allude to it anyway. Although theres no way the show will be the same as the arena leg back in Feb. Gonna be missing lasers, pyro and disco balls.

19 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m disappointed she’s not on the Pyramid. Feel it’s more suitable for her than the Other Stage. 

Might be from the fallout of Doja Cat cancelling and  then Sam Fender moving to Friday.  Wonder if her initial spot was where Aj Tracey is on Saturday and then there was some shuffling.

Edited by Suprefan

First Aid Kit is on the other stage and Kacey's slightly more Other stage than they are with Star-Crossed. I really would like to have been a fly on the wall when the bookers discussed this...

I need to dig into Star-Crossed a little more. I have the previous albums in the car (old fashion MP3 USB stick ) so know those by heart, but have failed to refresh said USBs in far too long.

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Might be from the fallout of Doja Cat cancelling and  then Sam Fender moving to Friday.  Wonder if her initial spot was where Aj Tracey is on Saturday and then there was some shuffling.

That’s what I think. I think AJ was a late add.

Indeed. AJ Tracey has a quite short set (45 mn) compared to acts playing around the same time on those days. Quite a long break between Herbie Hancock and Diana Ross .

I am quite looking forward to Butterflies. I played that song so much...

Edited by moogster
can't spell

6 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Thats solid. Half and half on Golden Hour and Star Crossed

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kacey-musgraves/2022/parc-del-forum-barcelona-spain-1bb485a0.html

She was great - real entertainer and the setlist was perfect. Think I’m gonna miss her at Glastonbury but those going to see her are in for a real treat. High Horse absolutely popped off. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/21/2019 at 10:34 AM, gherkin8r said:

Haha - nothing if not compliant 

My missus saw her in 2014 on the acoustic stage almost by accident and absolutely loved it. Not heard the new album yet mind. 

So was the missus the third hand to go up when she asked how many people were there? Who was the 4th? 🙂

Small crowd as expected but being the pro that she is it didn't show. 

It was weird as I hadn't seen her live again all this years, and although the change of sound between albums 1/2 and 3/4 was expected I was really surprised with the mass of really young fans singing along every word. My other half wondered if we were at an Ariana Grande gig :P. 

I can't stop making a comparison to Dolly Parton. Great songwriting, singing but then a very good business/image/musical sense of how to evolve. And that slight bitchiness/make up and hairbrush image that may be more layered than it seems  .

Did I hear the golden shower thing well btw?

And who was the guy on the fence filming THE WHOLE show on his phone? Man, you are front row, there's the BBC coverage...?

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Might have been the vibe but for an hour long set it felt about 5 minutes long.

It was one of those 'small-ish crowds when you're in it that looks perfectly fine viewed from the stage' occasions I think.

No Happy & Sad or Space Cowboy but had a proper moment when she did Rainbow.

Not an uber fan by any stretch, got into her after exploring the lineup. Needed a rest so watched from the sound desk - sterling performance and yup, I blubbed a wee bit when she did Rainbow.