Kacey Musgraves On The Pymild

CaledonianGonzo

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Christ, this album is boring.

Yeah, I’ve given it a few more listens over the weekend but each time it finishes I’m just left cold by the whole thing. A few semi-standouts aside, nothing here comes close to touching anything from her last album.

Assuming she ends up playing the festival next year, the Pyramid was truly robbed an all-Golden Age set. Gonna be fuming when she doesn’t play Happy & Sad and we get the Spanish cover song that finishes this album for some reason instead. 

On 9/9/2021 at 11:44 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

This is a category error. High Horse aside, she doesn't really trade in dancefloor destroyers.  Golden Hour is a warm sunny album, but Future Nostalgia it ain't.

Wait for the live version of There Is  A Light. Im sure its going to be an extended disco jam with the flute solo.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Assuming she ends up playing the festival next year, the Pyramid was truly robbed an all-Golden Age set. 

Yep. Up there with Prince not playing. New album is just not doing it for me. Golden Hour was a proper one off. 

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

This. 

The album itself is a bit of a downbeat disappointment but this will be golden.

This is all a broken record that keeps repeating itself. People did this 40 and 50 years ago when Dolly and Willie Nelson went “pop”. Yet here we are. Ya’ll are not giving anyone any chances or patience at all. How is this album a flop already anyway.  If it wasnt for Kanye and Drake it would be #1 in the U.S on friday. I thought that was the Glasto bread and butter if you had a #1 or highly charted album to tour with. But times are changing. 

9 hours ago, Suprefan said:

This is all a broken record that keeps repeating itself. People did this 40 and 50 years ago when Dolly and Willie Nelson went “pop”. Yet here we are. Ya’ll are not giving anyone any chances or patience at all. How is this album a flop already anyway.  If it wasnt for Kanye and Drake it would be #1 in the U.S on friday. I thought that was the Glasto bread and butter if you had a #1 or highly charted album to tour with. But times are changing. 

It’s got nothing to do with her going ‘pop’. I’m pretty sure everybody was expecting her to go in a more pop direction with this one, and I was hoping that she’d embrace it a lot more than she actually has much like Taylor’s move from country to pop, but it’s just an incredibly boring, unmemorable album with the overproduced vocals and trite lyrics. It falls right in to the category of not even being bad but just being incredibly mediocre.

I don’t think anybody has said it’s a flop, as I’m sure it’ll chart reasonably well, but as a follow up to Golden Hour (and just an album altogether)… well yeah, it’s a flop, to be largely erased from her setlists when she hopefully returns with her next much better album in a couple of years.

Edited by FloorFiller

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, zero000 said:

Bump. 

Kacey has got to be a shoe in for the Pyramid with her tour dates. Set lists are looking pretty tasty too:https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kacey-musgraves/2022/wells-fargo-center-philadelphia-pa-1b88e5f0.html

4th or 5th down perhaps? I think an hour set with the bangers from Golden Hour would go down a storm. 

She’s playing

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, moogster said:

So... Other stage. After Fontaines D.C... Before years and Years.

Thoughts?

I’m a bit worried her crowd will be very small. I don’t know how well she’s known here, and this is quite a big slot for her.

Just now, moogster said:

So... Other stage. After Fontaines D.C... Before years and Years.

Thoughts?

Welp it ain’t the Pymild, but I’m sure she’ll bring it regardless. Seeing her at Primavera myself so I’ll be skipping her at Glastonbury, but I’m still gutted about it nonetheless.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I’m a bit worried her crowd will be very small. I don’t know how well she’s known here, and this is quite a big slot for her.

Yes me too. I guess a few rows of  fans (c'est moi) and then a lot of folks just waiting between two acts...

2 minutes ago, moogster said:

Yes me too. I guess a few rows of  fans (c'est moi) and then a lot of folks just waiting between two acts...

Yeah it’s a weird set for her. She’d suit 4th/5th down pyramid way more. Begs the question why Easy Life are so high up but Kacey shoved on Other.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Two top ten albums under her belt now, and only up against stinky Elbow on the Pyramid. Think she’ll do just fine; she’s hardly some unknown act they’re sticking that high up and there.