Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, NerdsNatterings said:

Weezer out of contention thanks to this Green Day tour then. 

I recon there’s still a chance while they’re only the openers, maybe that’s just me wanting it to happen more than any realistic guessing tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, LiamEP said:

I recon there’s still a chance while they’re only the openers, maybe that’s just me wanting it to happen more than any realistic guessing tho.

The European leg ends June 29th and the US leg starts July 17th, highly unlikely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Alex Winstone said:

Could Refused comeback to headline? 

Don't think so. Dennis made a speech at the end of their set about gender equality on festival lineups and I think in a podcast or those behind the scene chats they do on Youtube the organisers said they didn't really agree with being called out like that and that there were other festivals in the industry more deserving of that criticism. Not sure exactly if that counts as bad blood or not but still think they'd do well to try and find some newer headliners. Can understand the repetition of British bands like Twin Atlantic, Deaf Havana etc, especially if the rumours of being booked as last minute replacements is true, but having to recycle the international headliners already seems premature when there is a lot more choice out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing to say that they will be around but a band that I think Counterparts would go down really well at Trees.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So with the Creeper comeback happening, they seem like they would be a possibility for 2020.  But how high would they be billed for Trees with the comeback hype? They were certainly big enough to sub before their hiatus, but do you think (assuming they play) the hype would push them to being billed as the small headliner of the three?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tbrock said:

So with the Creeper comeback happening, they seem like they would be a possibility for 2020.  But how high would they be billed for Trees with the comeback hype? They were certainly big enough to sub before their hiatus, but do you think (assuming they play) the hype would push them to being billed as the small headliner of the three?

Possibly. The guys that run it have talked them up as future headliner plenty. I'm struggling to think of British headliners now Broco are out of the picture. Frank Carter and the rattlesnakes seem a cert to me. I guess Idles are possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Possibly. The guys that run it have talked them up as future headliner plenty. I'm struggling to think of British headliners now Broco are out of the picture. Frank Carter and the rattlesnakes seem a cert to me. I guess Idles are possible.

Only other one that I can think of that wouldn't be a repeat is Neck Deep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jericode said:

Neck Deep / Frank Carter / Idles

This would be a good set of headliners. I'd also like to see Architects headline. 

I notice Knocked Loose are in Europe the week before this. They'd be an excellent edition near the top of the Cave. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Andrinald said:

This would be a good set of headliners. I'd also like to see Architects headline. 

I notice Knocked Loose are in Europe the week before this. They'd be an excellent edition near the top of the Cave. 

 

I imagine at the stage with the album doing as well as it did Knocked Loose could sub or maybe even headline The Cave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only recently got into Knocked Loose wouldn't mind them headlining The Cave also would like to see Counterparts, Defeater, Venom Prison, Lotus Eater and Jesus Piece show up on that day aswell 

Edited by Alex Winstone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, theramm said:

The Menzingers / Frank Carter / Feeder

Menzingers aren't big enough to headline are they? Their tour in February is at pretty small venues and not sold out, Feeder have sold out Roundhouse in London and have added another date and Frank Carter is doing Ally Pally. Especially with the pretty big price increase this year, I'm not sure they could get away with such a small headliner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mezingers are bigger now (or after this upcoming tour) than Nothing But Thieves were when they did it. Could see them getting the bump next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2019 at 1:54 PM, theramm said:

Mezingers are bigger now (or after this upcoming tour) than Nothing But Thieves were when they did it. Could see them getting the bump next year.

No they aren't, Nothing But Thieves sold out the Forum and Brixton on separate tours in 2016, and went on to do a double header at the Roundhouse as part of an extensive UK Tour later in 2017 after they headlined. The Menzingers can't compete with that. They're a sub at trees at best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 5:44 PM, NerdsNatterings said:

Ideally it'll be Frank Carter, Don Broco and Idles. Personally that'd be one of the better trio of headliners they've had 

Anyone but idles. 🤢

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jakep91 said:

Don Broco, architects and nothing but thieves... In an ideal world!

 

As long as its not idles ill be happy 👍

Don Bronco are a Slam Dunk exclusive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...