On 4/22/2020 at 9:26 AM, biggest032 said:

they both appear to be being run very well both are expanding there capacity and buying power at a fast rate and long may this continue for both . Im actually very positive for the future of both festivals .

Couldn't agree more mate. They're first on my list every year.

Unlike a lot of festivals the organisers try and run it for the fans rather than trying to make money. It's not just the bands but the awesome food, yoga, spoken word, games (they had mini golf at Trees last year), extra things for kids, silent disco etc etc.

Trees is my favourite weekend of the year every year without fail and if the weather at ATG  wasn't so consistently horrendous it would definitely be up there too!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Luke85 said:

I was at the Refused/Thrice Show in Birmingham last year, Im a huge thrice fan so i am A little biased but it was well sold even with the ridiculous price tag, I think if it was just thrice and more towards the £30 instead of over £40 with booking fees thry probably would have sold more than a Co headliner.  Look at last years Saturday night headliner, Deaf havana, They are a similar size to thrice over here and they closed out the festival just fine, Remember Thrice have the Nostalgia Factor also. They are playing Veihssu Front to back but i imagaine there witll be half a dozen hits they will play after this, Arist in the ambulance etc.... 

Yeah im well excited for veihssu in full Thrice are a great h/l for the fest and will smash it as will the other two . As i said i just do not understand other peoples negativity .

The problem with the lineup for me is that the all the headliners cater to the that niche of i.e. 00s alternative rock/emo. While that's great for people are really into that stuff, I feel that is a decent amount  who really don't care about any of them. This is the first time there has not been a single British headliner or a relatively recent act headline.

The group that I go with are aged 19-24 and the general reception was just one of general mediocrity and others we know who go are also feel same. I just think some diversity wouldn't go amiss.

11 hours ago, Jericode said:

Whatever list it's pulled from has probably just changed the dates for the event and the bands will have gone with it, wouldn't treat it as confirmation yet.

8 hours ago, Luke85 said:

I suspect this may be the case

AFI and Thrice seemed to being flown over just for these shows . Think there is a good chance they will both play next year . Jimmy eat world seems more likely to be doing something else 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2020 at 1:45 PM, Alex Winstone said:

The interview with the organisers hinted at Bad Religion and one of them said "There in Europe late June" so they could have been hinting at them, also there's 4 headliners next year 

Is it Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday next year?